1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons betrayed us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

That's just being ignorant.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

If you pick your job on money alone you are not a very thoughtful person. Example if you are in the legal field you might pass up working for an oil company because you find representing the powerful to screw the weak is unscrupulous. So you might decide to work for the ACLU. Perfect example where taking less is more. The only problem is Parsons didn't have to choose. The Hornets would pay him if Dallas removed their offer.

3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Morey did Chandler a favor and let him test the market a year early. Doing so was a gamble that paid off for Chandler and not for the Rockets. It could have gone either way but it was the right thing to do from a player respect perspective.

Cuban has probably had a crush on Chandler from day one. There is no doubt that this move is Cuban being a douche.

4. MrsCParsons

MrsCParsons New Member

I slept in my Parsons jersey to for good luck. Still hoping we somehow snag Bosh and can match the Mavs offer for Parsons!

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You do realize that you are ranting about a guy who tweeted out a picture of himself at a urinal holding the Larry O'Brien trophy:

[​IMG]

Douche is too mild a term...

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

There is nothing wrong with Parsons getting his money but before anyone else slams the OP for this, I agree that he screwed us (intentionally or not, I don't know).

By all means Parsons should have signed the offer sheet, any intelligent human being would... but WHY DID HE SIGN IT SO QUICKLY? We offered Bosh the max long before Cuban offered Parsons his, yet Bosh still hasn't signed. Couldn't Parsons have waited to give Rockets a chance to match AND get Bosh? It would give him the same money while having a better chance at a title than with the Mavs.

If this was purely about Parsons get his $$$ without betrayal, he should have worked it so he gets his max through the Mavs offer sheet AND stays with the Rockets. He could have easily done that. Wait a few days then sign the Mavs offer sheet.

The only way I see this not being his fault is if Cuban wanted to screw us so bad that he'd tell Parsons the offer is off the table if he does not sign in the next few hours.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SHE'S TRYING TO DESTROY ME!! - Overly Dramatic Woman

Rocket River

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Parsons can come back. He just needs to be hosed off and bathed in tomatoes to get the Cuban/Dallas stink off of him.

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Parson's conversation with his agent:

Parsons: Cuban just offered me a max deal but he wants me to sign it now which would kinda screw the Rockets. Should I ask him to let me think about it?

Agent: What are you a @#$%in moron? Sign the $#%^in contract.... Idiot.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Did you see how good Dallas was in the playoffs...? Dallas maybe could have won the chip if they could have got past San Antonio. Parsons still has a chance to get a chip and get paid.

Like his brother said _ he's in a win win situation. It's not like he signed with Boston are somebody.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Am i the only one who thinks cuban told parsons that he had to sign it now or he would look at other free agents.

Cuban is not stupid and knew that playing it that way would screw the rockets, their rivals, and improve his chances of getting parsons.

12. tnopham

tnopham Member

Yes him signing the offer sheet made things hard on us but what do you expect him to do? Not sign the offer? The guy just got offered $15m a year. Is he supposed to tell Mar Cuban "Oh that's great, but let me hold off on signing this until my current team tries to work things out and I can stay." It doesn't work like that.

As much as we would have liked for him to hold off on signing he needs to look out for himself and his family. Why risk Dallas pulling their offer off the table at the chance we're able to get Bosh? Getting Bosh or any other FA was never a sure thing. You know what is a sure thing? That offer sheet from Dallas.

I'm still holding out hope we match but I don't blame him at all for signing.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I agree and I think that's the general consensus around here. What I think happened was Morey and Parsons had a verbal agreement of some sort but then that meeting to discuss a deal went south and Parsons/Fegan was pissed we weren't willing to offer more. In comes Cuban with his $15m per year and Parsons was a goner.

14. Dwight_Hard

Dwight_Hard Member

AGREE 100%..

Dirk didn't even flinch when Rockets had offer for him, Parsons knew he was just another role player to MOREY & he doesnt pay that much for anyone, NOT lowry. Not Scola, No one... Except LIN and Asik who only get it for 1 Year! Parsons is gone.

Ariza- Passing Lane protection:eek:
    John Salmon
    Paul Pierce
    Evan Turner
    Shawn Marion
    Richard Jefferson

15. Angelc11

Angelc11 Member

we don't need parsons. eff him. we have troy daniels who defintly shoots better than parsons. covington plays well and Johnson looks like a pretty solid player. if he wants more money, fine. our team is stacked. harden, howard, beverly, daniels and maybe bosh as a starting lineup. trust me, daniels will become a star

16. torocan

torocan Member

If you've ever seen an episode of Shark Tank, you would know that Cuban doesn't screw around with stuff like this.

He's not going to book a PERSONAL meeting with Parsons unless he fully intends to either write Parsons off or walk out with a signed contract. He's a billionaire and billionaires value their time very, very highly.

Parsons had a $14M salary increase on the table and Cuban is going to push him to sign on the spot to maximize the chances of Morey being unable to match. Cuban knows that any delay gives Morey more time to sort out Bosh and then match Parsons.

Cuban isn't going to put an offer of that size on the table and tie up the Mavs cap space without the intention of getting Parsons away from Morey.

Parsons knows it makes it hard on Morey.
    Cuban knows it makes it hard on Morey.

Guess who gets their way when those two goals clash? The guy who's putting up $46M wins.

I'm sure if Cuban said, "Not only do I want you to sign this right now, but while you're at it, blow me" Parsons would have seriously considered doing it.

Money talks.

17. demarco1

demarco1 Member

he never betray us, He own his life, and this is just business bro... in and out...

18. demarco1

demarco1 Member

oh yes by the way. Dallas got tyson chandler, hmm, if they get parsons. maybe they will be scary team...

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The problem is, teams aren't necessarily going to wait. Dallas could have pulled the offer and moved on if he didn't sign, and they may have communicated that to his agent.

20. sutton

sutton Member

I don't think Cuban explicitly force Parson to sign it right away.

More likely Parson wanna please his new boss.