1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Parks and Recreation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ASidd_1990, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I've been watching Parks and Recreation since its Season Premiere and man this show is funny as hell!

I've got to admit, the only reason why I started watching this show was because of my favorite comedian and fellow Indian, Aziz Ansari but the other characters on this show are equally funny too now that I watched them.

Rashida Jones is hot as hell, Amy Phoeler is kinda overrated but still funny, Aubrey Plaza is the kind of girl that is funny as much as she is hot, and Chris Pratt reminds me of Seth Rogan.

My question is, can this show overtake The Office? I know that they both are created by the same producers and Amy Phoeler is no Steve Carrell, but what do you guys think?

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

THere is a thread for this season somewhere

Parks might be the best comedy on network tv right now, it is certainly better than the Office this season. But reaching the height the office once reached will be quite difficult

and I cannot believe you failed to mention THE BEST character in the show:

[​IMG]

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Crap, forgot about Ron Swanson! He is the boss!

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_XcmGuOB2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_XcmGuOB2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

"By day, Andy Dwyer: Shoeshineist. By different time of day, Andy Radical: Possum Tackler. And by night?...do whatever I want. No job."

6. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Could it overtake Office circa 2007/Season 3? Not even a chance. That show garnered an insanely devoted fan base. However, since the 2nd half of season 4 it has taken a beating.

Parks and Rec is slowly gathering support since its 1st season was just ok. Holding constant whatever factors that make it hilarious i.e. Ron Swanson, Parks and Rec will ovetake the dying giant that used to be The Office.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Season 1 of P&R was trash. I wondered why they bothered to bring it back. Have never seen a show improve as dramatically as this one. Right now, at a minimum, it is the equal of The Office.

8. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

I thought, in one of your first posts, you mentioned that you were Pakistani? I could've sworn to seeing that.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

ASidd maybe A Siddiqui?

Thats pakistani.

He prolly meant by his fellow indian and "brown brother"

Just like me im West indian...carribean...but i still consider myself indian lol.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

India has more Muslims then Pakistan so a Siddiqui could easily come from either side.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Can't wait to see Aziz at the House of Blues on July 30th!

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

LOL Guys, I didn't expect this thread to become a debate over if Im Paki or Indian.

I am from Pakistan, but my grandparents, like many, are from India. Keep in mind, Pakistan is a quite young country. Maybe only 70 or 80 years old. Before it was known as Pakistan, the land was Indian and owned by the British.

13. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

cool story, brohammad.