1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parking Lot Incident

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by El Toro, Apr 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who is more at fault?

1. El toro

80 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. Chevy Silverado driver

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I had an awkward situation once where my dumb friend sitting in the passenger front seat decided to just let the door fly as he got out when I parked at my apartment complex lot right in front of my apartment. He dinged the car door next to me and also removed paint from the edge of my door. I have to say...I was quite pissed. I think he did it intentionally but his reasoning eludes me. He was just being a jerk.

But, I'm not going to take responsibility for his actions and pay up. So, I moved my car to another parking spot and played dumb about it. I'm not the guilty one...he is.

2. macho87

macho87 Member

One question i have to ask is why did he have to push your hands away?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

wow. you should actually have your friend be a man about it and at least take responsibility. you playing dumb about it is just as irresponsible, especially the fact that you actually moved your car. that's just pathetic

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

el toro committed the first crime so other guy gets to be first in line to snitch. he probably should have called the police right there.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Have you seen OP's hands?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RO10s_HK6d0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'm no lawyer, and I'm probably way off here, but when the confrontation became threatening, the car dings probably don't matter. The escalation occurred when the other guy got out waving and threatening. The ding for ding was equal.

Why didn't the other driver call the cops instead of jumping out of his car becoming aggressive?

Not saying OP was right...just for the record.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

http://abc13.com/news/video-women-brawl-in-houston-zoo-parking-lot/1279793/ (with video)

[rquoter]FISTS FLY OVER PARKING SPOT AT THE HOUSTON ZOO

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Multiple women were involved in a classic showdown near the Houston Zoo over a parking spot and it was all caught on camera.

#abc13eyewitness viewer Linda Padilla, says she and her husband were waiting to get into the zoo and dozens of vehicles were circling the parking lot looking for a spot. Padilla claims a woman jumped out a vehicle and ran over to an empty spot and tried to hold it, although several cars were in front of the woman's vehicle. The altercation began after another driver tried to turn in to that spot.

Padilla says she heard one of the women yell, "'I'm saving this spot and you can't have it.'"

"The lady tried to pull in and that's when the lady walked up and hit her car. Then the lady jumps out of her car and they started going at it," Padilla added.

The viewer says that's when another woman got out of her car and the fists started to fly. The video shows multiple women fighting and pulling each other's' hair. In the middle of the brawl, another women tries to put a stroller in the empty parking spot.

Several children witnessed the fight and officers were called to the scene.

The Houston Police Department told Eyewitness News that when officers arrived, the complainant was gone.

The Houston Zoo just released this statement in response to the video:

"While the parking lot outside the Houston Zoo front entrance is not owned or managed by the zoo, we were disappointed to see the behavior displayed by the adults in the video. The safety and security of our guests is our priority and we work diligently with our staff and HPD to ensure visitors to the Houston Zoo are safe."[/rquoter]

10. Victorious

Victorious Member

i'm not really arguing that, I just thought it was funny OP wanted to call the cops, when he technically committed the first crime by damaging property.

honestly, if it was me, i would have shot el toro on the spot and say it was in self defense because i felt my life threatened when the crazy guy deliberately slammed his door into my car!!!!!
    just kidding :grin:

11. Surfguy

Just noticed today that some mf-er slammed their door into my driver's side rear passenger door. I swear to...I wanted to kill somebody! Took me a road rage drive home to cool down. I guess what goes around comes around. You had to start this thread! I curse all your car doors!

12. noize

noize Contributing Member

After the football player Will Smith being killed in a road rage incident, are you guys still defending the OP?

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Approx 74 out of 86 people think the OP was in the wrong, so... not so much defense for him.

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

YOLO, get rich or die trying.

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Looks like we have a badass here... errrr I mean psychopath.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If there was no visible damage to your car then you incited an altercation for nothing, your concern for your kids' peace of mind should might have been more meaningfully factored in at the outset rather than as a pretext to blunt his anger and undercut his response to your initial aggression. Calling the sheriff seems like it would have been a little vindictive on your part - not so much antagonistically as in the more literal sense of overzealously "vindicating" a particular slight - and I'm not sure an LEO addressing offsetting minor offenses would have looked at the letter of the law as much as the chain of events and deliberate rather than incidental provocation.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Your more appropriate analogy made me think of this:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zhgwy9y5ttA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I just wanted to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

YODO, guess you didn't get rich.

20. Surfguy

Sounds like you need to get off your bs "Brady Bunch" soapbox to me. Yea...name me one time in a situation like this where someone "made" their friend take responsibility for dinging someone else's car door as a passenger in your car. Your talking about a society in which in almost every case someone will ding someone else's car door where that victim is not there and the perp will leave as if it never happened or its not their problem. It's very rare someone is going to leave a note and say "oh...sorry...I dinged your car door. Here's my name and number. Call me and we will settle!". Yea...I should have just forced my financially struggling college friend to the nearest ATM to withdraw $250 and found the person who owned the car so he could pay up taking full responsibility. LOL. It was obvious he was not taking responsibility for it. I'm not his father. I can't force him to do that and neither could you.

And, the idea I'm going to leave my car where it is for retaliation for something my friend did (person would have seen it was my car by seeing where the paint was already chipped off my door). I would have either gotten dinged or then I'm the one who is responsible? Yea...right.

I think your full of it, man. I'm sure you would have done it all the "Brady Bunch" way. In fact, all of you would of. Yea...right!

The fact is we live in a society where car doors get dinged daily and no one is there to step up to take responsibility for it. I am very careful about not dinging other cars' doors because that is who I am. But, not everyone cares like I do and they will just do whatever. But, I'm not paying for a friend's mistake (either financially or with my car) because he was being a careless idiot. And, I doubt most of you would, either. Oh...except for YOLO...who has all his bases covered.