1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parking Lot Incident

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by El Toro, Apr 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who is more at fault?

1. El toro

80 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. Chevy Silverado driver

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Spooner

Spooner Member

Wow so many vindictive people in this thread. Its hard for me to understand. Are you really going to try to justify causing unnecessary damage to someone else's vehicle? Just be a man and figure it out without the childishness.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That's what I would think as well, however, if someone is that close how hard could they actually open their door?

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

op such a douchebag lol. it was an accident and you intentionally dinged his door. i'd beat your ass up in front of your kids

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its not so much you getting angry in the heat of the moment. We all have our moments...of course some more than others.

Its you coming on a public online forum bragging about what you did and trying to attention w****. You know what you did was wrong and instead of being embarrassed, you brag like youre some kind of badass. You're not.

5. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Lol @ people thinking the other guy is gonna give up his insurance info and offer to pay for damages. That's not how it works here. Even when clearly wrong, most people won't admit it and will tell you get over it. Oh, but let their car get hit...... they're calling the White House looking for Obama's extension. I don't park my 2013 car next to coupes for this exact same reason. They have wider doors. I usually park far away anyway. Rather walk a few extra steps to avoid songs on my door. I always see kids get in the back door of an suv and swing that shet wide open with all their might.

6. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

*meant dings, not songs in my post. Haha. At least I didn't type dongs.

7. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

Huh? Maybe it's poorly stated on my part or a failed reading comprehension class on yours, but I don't see any statement I made that indicates bragging. The attention w**** comment is also off; I rarely initiate posts and never ones like this. But to each his own.

bobrek, it doesn't matter much now, but the reason I leaned towards the guy's initial door bang as deliberate was the intensity of it, coupled with thinking he had to have known I was in my car as it was idling since he approached his truck from my direct view in front. Maybe I also carried a chip on my shoulder thinking it was a race issue as I am a minority and he isn't. Whatever the thinking, it comes down to x% accidental on his part vs 100% deliberate on mine. I get that now.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I rear ended an old guy once near downtown on my way to campus. I'm sure I must have left a very noticeable dent, so I got out with my papers. I apologized amd handed him my papers and he said not to sweat it and told me to go.

An uneventful story, but if that guy is still around, I would like for him to know how appreciative I am for his kindness. Had he gone off and acted like a douche, I would have probaly accepted it. I wonder how much fixing a rear bumper would have costed. This was in the mid 2000s.

9. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

This is a terrible analogy. You are comparing someone intentionally punching someone and fighting back to what was most likely initially an accident and then resorting to vengeful vandalism to retaliate.

A more appropriate analogy would be someone bumping into you accidentally on the sidewalk and then you turning around and pushing them as hard as you can to the ground...then being surprised when the person who accidentally bumped you is shocked and angry. Then getting indignant because you happen to be pushing a stroller with your kids and the guy you pushed is cussing at you.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I tend to lean towards being nonconfrontational, but this is one of those ocassions where if you don't immediately get an apology without asking for one you're not going to get it.

Last time this happened to me this lady banged her door into mine and then pulled back and banged into my door twice more. I started to give her a WTF gesture from inside my truck when she finally got out of the car and yelled at me "this b**** (her driver) is crazy!" At this point I decided it was better off to let her stomp off and go away rather than make a big deal out of it. Trying to ding the car she was in or gettjng in an argument over it wasn't going to get me anywhere.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Huh? Did you read the same OP as I did? He wasn't bragging at all. That's a pretty stupid response, frankly.

OP, clearly what you did was the wrong way to handle it....but learn from it and move on. I think you learned your lesson so quit beating yourself up over it and don't listen to everyone here calling you names.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You gotta check that pride and anger, bull. The second you had kids you lost the right to be a macho prick.

13. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

So did it ding your car?

Had this happen to me at the grocery store last week but I didn't see who did it nor did I start a confrontation lol

Found some dude on Yelp who does mobile dent work and it's like nothing even happened. PM me if you want his info.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

B-Bob forgives you.

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

couple of things to consider:
    1) your wife and kids were in the car.
    2) his thud was an accident, and even if it was, its at least plausible. yours was done in retribution though :(

I'm not gonna go on a soapbox and tell you what you should have done, since I've been known to lose my temper over minute stuff as well. But those two things I listed are definitely not in your favor :( sorry

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

OP is lucky that he didn't find what he was looking for. People get killed everyday for much less.

The simple fact that you're spending so much time questioning your actions shows that you were outside of yourself and in uncharted territory. You ain't bout that life OP, and honestly you're a better man because of it.

17. hotballa

here is the important question though...did you get it on with your wife later that night? some women love to see that kind of stuff

18. hotballa

not possible, form what OP said, the other guy tried to defend himself

1 person likes this.
  19. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

With a fuse like that, you must get into a lot of fights.

How is deliberately damaging your own car door retribution for him possibly damaging it first?

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If by 'get it on' you mean 'get scolded for embarrassing her,' then probably yes. :p