1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parking Lot Incident

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by El Toro, Apr 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who is more at fault?

1. El toro

80 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. Chevy Silverado driver

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

right then and there, El Toro decided to keep it real

#21 Commodore, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. Asian Sensation

You should've ****ed him up.

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

damn, dick move to intentionally hit his car with your door. who does that? i would have been pissed off too. you could have just said something. plus you got wife and kids in the car, you got to chill. and on top of that you wanted to report the cops on him when you escalated it LOL

i side with the guy that accidentally hit your car.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

You should have come back with, "Well, the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of you."

1 person likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is why I go to Lowe's.

But seriously, two things:

1) I dated a girl who hit other cars with my car door multiple times. I don't know wtf her deal was. It pissed me off. But she did it at least 4 times in the year+ that we dated. Now, I don't believe she ever did it on purpose. But she did it. Repeatedly. It blew my mind. I don't know how, but it kept happening.

So maybe this guy was like her and just loved to fling the door all the way open for no reason. I personally don't think this guy hit your car on purpose. Because...

2) Why would you, El Toro, purposely hit a car with your door??? Just looking at it selfishly (ie how I would look at it) why would you damage your own car door on purpose? It would at least swap some paint. So why would you do that? Especially if - like Mr Silverado - you were unprovoked? It just doesn't make any sense.

#25 Haymitch, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Glad NOBODY got hurt!

It's easy to say what you should've done, but in reality you'll never actually know until YOU go through it. I want to say that I would've kept my cool and not've retaliated, BUT in the past that hasn't always been the case! Hope that if this scenario (hitting door) ever happens again you'll think of what can happen in front of your family first before you react.

Life lessons, we ALL have them!

7. likestohypeguy

Kind of sounds like you already kind of know this on some level since you prefaced it with admitting You weren't thinking, but yeah you were totally the crazy one here.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Use it as a learning experience.

Also not sure what you were going to tell the cops .... "This guy accidentally hit my car door, I had my kids in the car sleeping so I retaliated by slamming his car door on purpose and then the guy got mad."

Sometimes when you get older you pick your battles. Not sure you deserve to be beat up about it as you are already thinking about it.

I can be violent too but try to make sure it isn't over a misunderstanding.

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

This is why I always carry. No way somebody disrespects my family like that and walks away from it.

10. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I've been in the exact same situation except without kids in car. Was in a parking lot on a windy day and this guys door got caught in the wind and slammed into my door. I didn't get mad, I got out, he apologized and we were on our way.

But if I had kids in the car, you better believe I wouldn't have got out of the car, too many crazy people in this world. At the end of the day its just property.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Wow. Your behavior was really stupid.

The pickup driver is guilty of being careless, and in my opinion, should pay to have you car repaired for damages. These careless people get me really frustrated.

But you. You really broke the law in my opinion. You purposely damaged his property. Just because he was careless and damaged your property, doesn't give you the right to damage his property.

It's people like you two guys that end up on the news involved in some kind of road rage incident. He was careless, and then you foolishly escalated it into something that could have been very dangerous.

You should have just gotten out of you car, without damaging his truck, and explained to him he damaged your car. We don't know how he would have responded, because you didn't give him a chance. Maybe he would have denied he hit your car, maybe he would have apologized and offered to pay for damages. We just don't know how he would have responded if you had just handled this in an adult manner.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am not sure why you are even asking who's at fault. You're a complete moron.

First and foremost, you put your family at serious risk. You sir, are a complete douchebag. If you feel the urge to act alpha over someone hitting your door, accident or not, I would wager you have anger issues. I fully understand standing up for yourself, but this is a far cry from a situation as such.

Any chance you could have had held him responsible went out the door. You just saved him a lot of money on car insurance. Good job! El Dumbass.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

El Geico?

2 people like this.
  14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Very irresponsible behavior on the OP's part. When you have your wife and kids in the car, you can't be acting that way. The other guy very easily could have had a gun and there could have been a true tragedy over this.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You're a grown, married man with children. S**t happens in the heat of the moment and we all do silly stuff sometimes. But c'mon. Given the benefit of hindsight, I'm pretty sure you know the answer to this question.

16. raj87

raj87 Member

Wow - concealed carry is not about "respect". It's about defending yourself against real threats to your life.

This is not the first time I have heard such tough talk. I recently had a road rager pull up next to me, show his weapon, and tells me not to **** with him. After telling him I was calling the authorities, he sped off.

17. noize

noize Contributing Member

Thanks for saving me the time to write this. The OP is more wrong then the accused in this situation. Seriously how can half of you guys defends the OP whose escalating the situation? Two wrong don't make a right and there's more appropriate way to handle this professionally as stated by a few smart posters. This is the type of things that causes road rage where one ending up hurt or even dead. You can act tough and stand your all mighty ground but you have no freaking clue the type of person you're dealing with. Lucky for the OP sake it didn't turn out to be anything bigger. You sir might have anger management issue and should seek help.

18. Garner

Garner Member

Could you tell if he was a LOF?

19. Nook

Nook Member

PLOT TWIST:

IT WAS JAMES HARDEN THAT HIT YOUR DOOR.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It shows a lack of respect for others property when you don't care if you damage someone's car. These people are self-serving douchebags who don't care to be nice to others unless they need something from you.

And it is a bad idea to use your door as a weapon as you'll just damage your door in the process. If you were to seek revenge, use something else.

But like others said, choose your battles. You can confront the douchebag by telling him he's a douchebag and ask that he pay for your damages, but more than likely the douchebag will blow you off as if you're inconsequential. A car dent that'll cost you $100 might not be a good enough reason to escalate further, especially with your family there.