1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parents put toddler in Washing Machine..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, May 21, 2012.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

STUPID PEOPLE..I'm beginning to think we should require classes for parents.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/worst-parent-week-dad-puts-toddler-washing-machine-183500809.html

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/coYoIHj91HA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's no way to know what the parents were thinking. Maybe they were trying to scare their kid into good behavior. Maybe they were just goofing around. Maybe they thought it would be funny -- there's a large sign hanging above the machines, saying "Junior Wash: $2.95." Whatever it was, it could have easily ended in tragedy.

In the silent footage from the laundromat's security camera, the dad scoops up the diaper-clad toddler, shoves him head first into the front-loading washer, and shuts the door. He and the mom seem amused at first, but panic quickly sets in when they realize that they can't get the washer door open. It's locked automatically, and the tot is trapped inside as the washer starts to run.

The toddler tumbles helplessly, trapped in the machine, water pouring in, while the parents struggle with the locked door and then search for help. Finally, an attendant runs over and disables the machine. It takes a few more seconds to get the door open and the child out.

There have been several recent reports about kids dying after getting trapped in a washing machine -- in March, 18-month-old Ollie Hebb drowned in a washing machine accident, and a 3-year-old was killed in France after his father put him in one and turned it on to punish him. The child in this video suffered a few bumps and bruises and is fine, according to the person who posted the clip -- at least, as fine as one can be living with parents who think it's funny to stick kids in washing machines. No word on whether the parents will be investigated for, well, anything.

Copyright © 2012 Yahoo Inc.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Of course, she's getting mad like it wasn't her fault. Effin morans.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

FIXED... :(

Or even DRUG testing... or my goodness, I don't think even with all that "teaching" we could prevent those things from happening...

5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

sorry, didn't see the earlier thread. lock'er up.

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

What is the proper way to discipline children for acting up in public? Is grabbing a 2 year olds arm and lifting him up by it an appropriate reaction? I just saw this lady in front of my office grab her two kids while squatting, lift them up by one arm as they are screaming in pain, and yells at them "didn't I tell you to shut up."

Wow. My mom just had to mouth the word "bathroom" and I would stfu.

7. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member