1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parents flying with young children

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by s land balla, Oct 6, 2014.

1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Recently, I was on a redeye flight from Los Angeles to Washington DC and there was a couple sitting in front of me traveling with a 2-month old baby. They put this behind their seat (see below):

[​IMG]

If only all parents traveling with small children were this considerate. :grin:

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Interesting name... Shields.

Was the chocolate any good? You were probably poisoned breh.

3. s land balla

Did not eat.

4. Buck Turgidson

Touch of Benadryl, fall asleep, everyone has a nice flight.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

probably wasn't chocolate in that bag but rather little Shields' turd nuggets

6. rudan

rudan Member

Lol, the dad's condom must have busted and named the kid out of irony.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's cool and all, but it's not being inconsiderate for a parent to travel with a young child and not provide you with ear plugs.

I know it might annoy you, but you don't have a some right to the airplane that they are infringing on. It isn't like a movie theater where parents with young children are being rude to disturb entertainment for others. It's a mode of transportation that people take and they (parent AND child) have just as much right to it as you do.

8. s land balla

Why not be more considerate to your 2-month old's sleep schedule and take a daytime flight instead?

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I bring my own noise isolating headphones. Adults can be just as annoying as babies.

10. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I was on a flight from Baltimore to Houston this past weekend. The lady sitting next to me had 2 children, which the younger one was fussing the whole flight. I had my headphones in the whole time, so I wasn't really bothered, but I was really surprised that I did not hear anyone complain. Seems like there is always that one person, so it was nice that most of the people on the flight were reasonable.

As mentioned above, it is not like we have rights to silence on a plane. If needing that is a necessity there are ways to get it (first class, sound cancelling headphones, etc).

11. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

This is so true.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why does anyone pick flight times they pick? Maybe it was more affordable, maybe it's the only time that worked, etc. etc.

Again, that's their prerogative.

13. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Not true. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=198180

This CF thread from 4 years ago was split on the issue. I agreed with the OP that crying infants shouldn't be allowed on First Class (note: I'm not talking about our crappy domestic BusinessFirst, but true First Class like in EK or SQ). Or, flight attendants should have the power to ask the parents of the infant to take the child downstairs and/or to the back of the airplane.

Although an airplane makes the fine dining analogy harder for a public place with peace and quiet, I think we'd all agree when paying above a baseline amount, quiet should be an enforceable luxury option.

14. 713

713 Member

Why fly when you can walk/ride a bike. Some of you people need to have a second look at what and why you were put on this earth. There's kids in the inner city that can't call their parents to pick them up from school because they accidentally **** them selves after lunch. You have two capable legs and should be able to have the decency to get off your butt and save those seats for people who truly need it. Flying is a privilege. God didn't give you wings so you can just abuse your right. Nor did my granfather fight in two korean wars for you unappreciative people to downgrade the characters of others. Air travel is a serious hot topic that seems to be forgotten in this country.

15. platypus

platypus Member

[​IMG]

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

17. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

That one person is the OP. I remember he startrd a thread years ago talking about the same subject. In fact he wanted babies/children banned from flying first class.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I never understood people who complain about kids being fussy or crying. What the fack do you expect, interesting conversation from these kids?!?! They're facking kids, it's what they do. People who b**** are the ******* idiots.

If you don't airline policy then start your own airline or buy your own facking plane lol!!!

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If only the parents didn't have random strangers pulling guilt trips on them for daring to have children in public.

Either that, or they're wired the whole trip. Benadryl doesn't always do to kids what you expect.

Not to mention the ethical implications of abusing drugs with a baby.

Lol, you don't know anything about kids, do you? 2-month olds do not have sleep schedules.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

1. Babies that age sleep 18 hours a day, whenever the hell they feel like it. There's nothing to be considerate of. They're little bags of poop at this point.

2. It's actually better to travel with kids at night so they can sleep though it.

3. When they're a little older, over 2, you can give them some Benadryl. Not only does it help with the pressure, it knocks them out. (There is no ethical issue here- my friend who is a doctor prescribes Benadryl as a mild sleep aid)

This is utter bs- abusing drugs? It's Benadryl, which is on par with aspirin. This kind of narrow thinking is why I had to suffer through terrible migraines when I was a kid with no medication. It's unethical to not consider medication when your kids are in pain.

#20 Xerobull, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014