1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paolo Banchero vs Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 9, 2021.

?

Chet "The Jet" Holmgren or Paolo "The Lambo" Banchero?

1. Holmgren

2. Banchero

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. Denovo

Denovo Member

Either Banchero or Jalen Duren.

I want a physically imposing player next to Green and Sengun. Different types of players but either trio would fit well with each other.

Rashmon and burlesk like this.
  3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

too early to tell, so i'll go with the one impressed me the most now, Chet

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  4. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Well I’m not really comparing their competitive nature or attitude, more so size and some similar skill set, but I feel the better he gets the more the injuries will come like Porzingis or Ralph Sampson. I just feel If we draft him we would have to win early with him because most guys with that size and skill just have bad luck but I could be wrong and he’s one of the exceptions

5. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Bruh, Chet played Dixon State.

Paolo dominated Kentucky with 3 cramp substitutions/exits

Wait until Chet plays Texas before anointing him a lockdown defender..

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Actually Chet seems more physically imposing to me at the moment. Not cause if he length alone, cause obviously he’s skinny af and you’d think dudes would just beat him up a bit given his weight… but he actually plays very physically and aggressive defensively.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It may just be me, but I feel like Chet is fairly imposing just because of his length and defensive ability. I know he doesn’t have mass but he’s miles above Paolo as a defender. Now, Duren? That’s a different story.

8. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Chets been doing this forever against everyone. He was great at the U19. His strengths are always rim protection, shooting, and vision.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Chet is an elite defender. One of the best defensive prospects in last 20 years.
    Add in offensive skills of a guard and you have a unicorn. If he weighed 230, this wouldn’t even be a discussion.

10. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Agreed about The Paolo comment. What he did to Kentucky cemented him as the number one IMO. Just admire the archetype that Chet represents.

i3artow i3aller, burlesk and Denovo like this.
  11. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Did Mobley die or something? Mobley is the best defender drafted within last 20. Dunno about Slenderboy Chet.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And Chet is rated a better defender. Also, Mobley isn’t much heavier than Chet. Chet is longer.

i3artow i3aller and burlesk like this.
  14. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Well I’m not really comparing their competitive nature or attitude, more so size and some similar skill set, but I feel the better he gets the more the injuries will come like Porzingis or Ralph Sampson. I just feel If we draft him we would have to win early with him because most guys with that size and skill just have bad luck but I could be wrong and he’s one of the exceptions

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, that is the concern with him. Probably the only concern with him. He checks every other box

burlesk and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. Denovo

Denovo Member

it’s not just you he’s miles above as a help defender and shot blocker yes but Paolo was lockdown on ball vs Kentucky. Ball handlers couldn’t turn the corner at all on him and he forced several bad shots with strong contests. He doesn’t block shots but he stays vertical at the rim and contests without fouling.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Seems like you can't go wrong either way. I'd lean Chet just because I think he's a better fit for us. Sengun seems like our future starting center. he's undersized and doesn't have great athleticism. Chet would give us rim protection and a lob threat while being able to play next to sengun. Paolo is highly skilled, strong, and quick on defending the perimeter, but he doubles down on the same issues sengun will face, not being an elite rim protector or lob threat because neither are elite athletes. that being said I'd be pretty thrilled at adding Paolo. just saying I'd lean Chet first... as of today.

can't go wrong either way between those two. the real question is who would you take 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th in case the lotto balls don't fall our way. if that's the unfortunate case I'd go with:

hardy
    duren
    Jabari
    Houstan
    Jovic

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

im for team chet cus we need a token in our championship team with our championship coach

19. i3artow i3aller

Is this where we go to decompress after losses?

#179 i3artow i3aller, Nov 10, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Shark44 and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. MystikArkitect

Banchero or Holmgren would come into a team led by Christian Wood, Kevin Porter Jr and Steven Silas. With David Nwaba in a guest starring role. Feel sorry for whoever gets drafted here at this point.

cmoak1982 likes this.