1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paolo Banchero vs Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 9, 2021.

?

Chet "The Jet" Holmgren or Paolo "The Lambo" Banchero?

1. Holmgren

2. Banchero

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you believe that Wagner should be ROY???

LOL

As for Scottie Barnes, there is a reason he's been top 3 in ROY race all season.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley is still the 4th option correct?

You make my case for me and still try to gaslight everyone.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Any of them could be ROY that's what I'm saying. Mobley became the front runner thanks to his team's success if it weren't for that ROY would be anyone's guess.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not anyone can be ROY so stop talking stupid.

Are you trying to argue that Mobley being on top of ROY rankings ALL SEASON is an NBA creation and undeserved???

And are you seriously arguing that only players from playoff teams have won NBA ROY in the past?

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

No technically he is the 2B option, as when you factor in his ft attempts he gets more overall attempts than Levert and almost on par with Sexton. As we all know FT attempts are FGAs that didn't continue due to a shooting foul.

How am I gaslighting everyone? You are the one gaslighting everyone making it seem like Mobley is doing all this as the "4rth option" when in reality he gets as much attempts as the 2nd and 3rd option. You accuse me of doing something that you're doing.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Obviously by any of them I meant the frontrunners stop being stupid.

Mobley hasn't been on top of ROY rankings all season. Can you show me what ranking has Mobley been no 1 from season start to end? The official Kia Rookie rankings has had numerous no 1s including Cade, Wagner and Barnes.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stats without context, that has always been your thing.

Mobley is normally 4th option but he gets many more touches when other starters go down.

Cavs have had significant stints without JA, Markkanen and even Garland.

FTA are not factored into FGA for a reason.

Just admit you're a gaslighter.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

NO PLAYER HAS HELD THE KIA ROY #1 SPOT MORE OFTEN THAN MOBLEY.

TRUE OR FALSE MFER???

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

That's not what you said right? You said "he has held the no 1 spot all season long"

Who is the gaslighter here exactly?

Like I said and like what i have showed Mobley's performance in a vacuum isn't that different from other front runners. What made him no 1 is his team's success if it weren't for that ROY would be anyone's guess. It's that simple. If you look at past ROY winners only Ben Simmons got the ROY due to his defense in the last 10 years majority of ROY winner got there due to offense not defense:

http://www.espn.com/nba/history/awards/_/id/35

So while Mobley's defense is dominant the fact that he can't score on his own would hurt him if he went to a garbage team so ROY wouldn't be so clear cut anymore.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Last season the Hornets only won 23 games, yet LaMelo Ball still won ROY.

Season before that Ja Morant was ROY and the Grizz lost more than they won that season.

KAT, Andrew Wiggins, Michael Carter-Williams, Tyreke Evans all say hello as well.

Stop with your MTG like ramblings.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

All things being equal - which is what YOU insist is the case then ELITE DEFENSE should be the clear decider.

How is this so hard, even for an incompetent like you?

You dont like Mobley so you create some fake conspiracy to undermine Mobley's ROY.

SAD AND PATHETIC.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

What has past winners got to do with anything?

If Rookie A and Rookie B are playing equally good but Rookie B team's is in the playoffs then the ROY winner is Rookie B. It's that simple. If Cade, Wagner and Barnes were outproducing Mobley then they'd be the ROY but as I showed you they all have identical stats.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

So you think Barnes doesn't have elite defense? Mobley's defense is part of what makes him equal to the other frontrunners. It's not on top. He can't score on his own and doesn't create for others like Wagner or Cade.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Barnes team is in playoffs too.

Are you feeling stupid yet?

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

You believe Wagner creates better than Mobley???

Seriously?

And neither Wagner or Cade are the defenders that Mobley is.

And you showed a series of offensive stats that YOU believe makes all the rooks on same level.

But these are all stupid AF criteria that YOU believe decides ROY.

THERE IS A REASON KIA ROY RANKING DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORON.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bruh 65% of Cade's 2 pters and 95% of his 3 pters are assisted. He can't even create for himself.

When did I say Wagner or Cade are better defenders than Mobley? Gaslighting master is here again I see.

You are the moron here not me. Typing in caps and calling me names doesn't make any of the **** you say make any more sense.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

There was a reason I stopped interacting with you.

How are able to even survive a day with your IQ?

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Just block me dude you'd do both of us a favor

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

But anyway regarding Banchero and Holmgren I think Banchero's inefficiency despite playing with good spacers like AJ Griffin as well as questions on his motor and defensive intensity really tanked his stock and took him out of the no 1 running. He is now consensus no 3 pick so I guess the poll is meaningless.

A couple of years from now if Holmgen develops health issues and Banchero elevates his game it might be nice to go back to this thread again.

20. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I admit I didn't read all of the previous posts, and I am a bit out of touch, but does anyone really call him " the Lambo"?

i3artow i3aller likes this.