1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paolo Banchero vs Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 9, 2021.

?

Chet "The Jet" Holmgren or Paolo "The Lambo" Banchero?

1. Holmgren

2. Banchero

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He ain't gonna score like Durant, was purely talking size.

He is extremely gifted in a number of areas though, and it's not like he's a trash scorer or offensive player. He's one of the weirdest prospects I have ever seen and likely will ever see.

2. STR8Thugg

His handle isn't exactly trash. He's still a 7 foot walking stick.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Chet is a very comparable athlete to KD, better athlete than Banchero. Don’t know where this slow stuff is coming from. That’s one of the things that makes him special is his mobility, speed and quick off the floor.

King1, STR8Thugg, Nook and 2 others like this.
  5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Right he’s super unique

I think if him defending as a 4 or 5 then scoring like a wing is what people are thinking he’s gonna be. But I don’t see that working in the nba I think he’s too weak to defend but his size will make him still be good, he’s too weak and slow to beat anyone in the nba on offense at least that’s what I think.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I favor the better 2 way player if on the fence.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  7. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Not into the Durant comparisons, but the Bill Walton one is interesting.

He impacted the game and even played Kareem tough en route to a championship when healthy.

Walton was defense, passing, rebounding and impacting the game in a major way besides scoring, which was almost 20 a game.

It's not relevant to this era but he was 210 lbs entering the league in the 70s, but his injury history ultimately derailed his career. Still won a chip and HOF though.

Tuckankhamun, Nook and BamBam like this.
  8. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari Smith splits the difference between the two. He's a scorer but not quite to banchero's level. He's a solid rebounder and defender but no where near Chet's level. He's a better shooter than both. More athletic than both but not as long as chet. I need to watch more of his games this year to get a better picture of who he can be. He gives me better shooting Chris Bosh vibes.

PWR and dmoneybangbang like this.
  9. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

You don't understand, his skin is too light to be effective!

Saying he can't stay in front of guards is a big tell that someone hasn't watched him play. There are good reasons to doubt Chet's NBA ability, mostly his frame, but not because of his lack of athleticism.

He's not on KD's level athletically. Chet has a quick first step for a big, like prime Dirk, KAT, amongst others. Durant has a quick first step for a guard.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm taking anyone that doesn't sweat 7 lbs away per game and cramps.

Amel and palmsnbananas like this.
  11. STR8Thugg

Are we seriously talking about sweating and cramps again? My lord some people have weird takes.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Teams are going to be monitoring this cramping like hawks. Seems like it is a bit of an issue.

Still hard lean towards Chet. We already drafted insta-offense in Jalen Green. Could use a two way big with skills. He's not as offensively gifted as Durant was...but Durant wasn't the defensive presence Chet is.

Rockets would be heavily invested in meal plans and protein shakes with Green and Chet though.

Amel and Tuckankhamun like this.
  13. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

I'm already imagining a heist preformed by Jalen and Chet to steal D-Wade's HGH stash.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. verysimplejason

Wow! What are you watching? He goes to the posts though not as many as you'd expect. Of course, this is modern NBA that we're talking about where post plays are just after-thought. But when he plays post, he can do it. Did you see his blocks? It somehow reminds me of Yao. Though I'd say, Yao is a little bit slower than him. In the end, what I saw are just glimpses and not the whole thing that made Yao a Yao.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What are you watching?

He is already a better rim protector than Yao, you are just all over the place with your bad takes.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dirk never had a quick 1st step, it's becoming increasingly apparent you have no idea what you are talking about.

17. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

He regularly took bigs off the dribble back in his younger days. I'm not talking about 2011 Dirk that only shot jumpers, but the mid-2000s version that won an MVP and deserved two.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Since when is taking bigs in 2011 an example of having a quick 1st step?

Bigs were actually bigs in 2011, so yeah he could take them.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Tilman is all about marketing, he picked Green for the Filipino community, he will pick Banchero for that Italian mob money.

We could also market him to Latin America with the nickname Huevos Bancheros

Tuckankhamun likes this.
  20. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

I'm not sure whether pandering to Mexicans and Central Americans with a Brazilian is more insulting to the them or the Brazilians.

I'd imagine pandering to white Americans with Chet would be more profitable. Hopefully Tillman doesn't forget that and trades away the #2 pick to offload Wall's salary.