1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Paolo Banchero vs Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 9, 2021.

?

Chet "The Jet" Holmgren or Paolo "The Lambo" Banchero?

1. Holmgren

2. Banchero

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Paolo has missed large portions of 2-3 games from cramping.
    And again, no one is saying minor cramping is a career threatening issue. Neither are soft tissue injuries. But they are connected.

You said they had nothing to do with each other. That is just flat out false. Severe cramping alone can cause muscle strains, when you try to play through strains it only causes more damage.

2. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed lol, would really like a top 3, maybe 4 pick. Of course top 2 would be better.

Ramo$e and i3artow i3aller like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

= rockets draft picks !!

Ramo$e and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Um actually muscle cramps are not a precursor for any type of musculoskeletal injury so yea…

Just saying it doesn’t make it true, once again

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

First of all you need to sit this out because you are the one that has no idea what they are talking about. Lol cramps cause soft tissue injury gtfoh

Go to med school

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Right or we’re gonna get Chet anyways bc Banchero will be drafted already even though I liked him more lol

this is pointless

9. i3artow i3aller

Dream scenario for me would be top 3 this year as Jabari Smith also looks electric. Really need the basketball gods to pull through for us this year and the next. A top 3 pick in 2022 followed by a top 2 in 2023 where Houston comes away with either Victor Wembanyama or Scoot Henderson would be game over.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You should sit this one out too my dude.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You have been so wrong in this entire thread, best just to sit this thread out.
    Research EAMC.
    Not going to go back and forth with two dudes who have absolutely no knowledge of what they’re talking about.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Chet has done nothing to hurt his draft stock.... if anything it is higher than it was. He has shown he can finish with contact and guard even good athletes on the perimeter. This year Chet has been every bit as good as Banchero and he has more areas of his game he can improve on. Last I looked Chet hadn't missed a shot within 3 feet of the basket this season..... when his 3 comes around and he learns to foul less, he will be a monster. He already will possibly be the best shot blocker in the NBA when he enters the league.

14. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

My philosophy for drafting is simple, if someone can be the very best in the world at a single skill, you take him. Chet looks like he could average 3 BPG in the NBA day 1. Ben Wallace potential on that end of the floor.

Hakeem was the best defender and shot blocker on earth, nobody changed speeds and shot step-back 3s like Harden, even Yao could take over a game at will in his later years. You want to win titles? Get someone that does something nobody else can.

Ramo$e, Nook and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

The fact that he can play well with another big that can score and pass speaks to his already known vast versatility. Which will absolutely translate at the next level since you can plug him in a ton of areas on the floor. Being able to fit and adjust is always a huge problem with incoming prospects. He isn't out here trying to pad his numbers. He's playing the game to win and impacting the game in areas that have the Zags as one of the tops teams in the nation.

#555 YOLO, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Ramo$e and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Both look promising. Banchero has the tools to be an excellent 3 & D guy. Definitely has the body. He plays too similar to KPj. Can he play off ball? Are we giving him the key that soon?

Holgren on the other hand fits with what we currently have perfectly, and improves areas we are currently lacking. My assumption is, and I could be wrong. We are seeing what we have with KPj before we make any major decision about Chet or Banchero.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Completely agree, and defensively he has filled any role they need from possession to possession and makes the right switches and decisions.

Anyone that isn't impressed isn't watching or doesn't appreciate what to look for.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You have not addressed the fact that you compared muscle cramps to a possible career-ending injury.

You should have sat this out from the beginning.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

When you find anywhere where I said that, come back to me.
    You are wrong, that’s ok. Don’t make it worse by putting words in my mouth.
    No where did I say soft tissue injuries were career threatening

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Has he really?

How many good athletes has he checked on the perimeter so far this season and he will not be guarding "good" athletes on the perimeter in the NBA, they will mostly be above average guys.

I also don't see how he has been as good as Banchero when they just played head to head and Banchero clearly had the better game.

I am not saying Banchero is the clear better prospect but it seems you are embellishing his play so far, Banchero has been far more impactful.