1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Panic Button Time - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by cwebbster, May 9, 2023.

?

Panic Time????

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. STFU

26 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

The more Jake improves, the more Julks plays.

Stephen66 likes this.
  2. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I wonder if Jake has the makings if a leadoff hitter? He is really coming into his own.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If he can get on base more. Unfortunately we don't know if this is just a hot streak or he has turned the corner. Meyers has really only had 2 good months in the majors. This last month and his first month in the majors.

Tomstro likes this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

He’s your fave

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

His OBP is .351 right now for the season, better than all but Tucker and Yordan, and that includes his slow start. It's been .371 since Chaz got hurt and he's been playing regularly over the last 40 days, he's getting on base a ton.

He really needs to be moved down to 9th, or up to the top because a lot of his traffic has been wasted hitting where he does.

6. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I wouldn't say that.

There are a dozen current Astros I like more and I think they need to trade either he or Chas.

But this team has a lack of hitters who fit leadoff. To be truthful until now I always shunned Meyers as a leadoff candidate but he has an OB% over .350 now and I have been impressed by his recent performance.

AkeemTheDreem86 and Tomstro like this.
  7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Agreed. Jake is finally looking like a ballplayer again.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm not against it but, I'm just taking a cautious approach. I thought he was the next springer when he came up but injury and regression has tempered my expectations. I can only hope Chas, Meyers, and Gilbert can man the outfield in the future because that would be one heck of a defense and there is no way we are resigning Tucker. He is looking to get paid for a long time.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Tucker is here through 2025. A lot can happen between now and then... and you would think they'd have a fairly good idea who Myers/Chas are when both are going on their 5th-6th years on the roster.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  10. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

It's time to bring this thread back.

MLB has dozens of examples of good teams ending up bad. Sometimes there are reasons, and sometimes not.

Sometimes is simply the whims of the baseball gods.

Nearing the half way mark, this team has the look of one of those teams.

This team is headed for a lackluster season a bit above .500 and missing the playoffs.

The question is whether Dana Brown and Jim Crane are going to do anything about it or keep gawking as if it's a train wreck?

Stephen66 and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Angels smell blood in the water

12. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Not necessarily panic time but pressure is mounting. They’re 6 games out of the division but only 1 game out of the wild card. This season is gonna come down to the wire both at the deadline and end of the season. One 5+ game winning or losing streak over the next 3 weeks could make it break the season.

13. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I changed my vote

J.R. likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rangers next weekend:

[​IMG]

#114 J.R., Jun 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    Stephen66 likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

This is crap.

Astrofan59 likes this.
  16. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I respect your opinion but don't agree

IMO Dusty has "lost the locker room" and he needs to be replaced (I did not feel this way a week ago) to jump start this team.

Dusty's actual increase of starts for Maldy at catcher the past 2 weeks is what sent me over the edge.

I am fine with Maldy as the regular starter, but when the team loses Yordan and is desperate for hitting your answer is increase Maldy's starts from 68% to 83%?

This team needs a change. Right or wrong the manager is the responsible person.

But in this case it's time. It's right.

Let us see what Joe Espada can bring to this team.

Stephen66 likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Astros management is not sitting around twiddling dick and "gawking" at the struggles. If you don't think they're actively working to improve the team then I can't help you.

Wulaw Horn and Bregatron like this.
  18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I’m gone from no problem nothing to see here to incredibly bearish on the 2023 season. Nothing is going right for us and we are just losing time and ground by the day. mom still incredibly bullish on 2024 though. I don’t believe this is the end of the dynasty and if we get in the playoffs we could beat (or lose) to any team there.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Maybe this just isn't our year? It happens. This ridiculous run has to end sometime (WS/ALCS/WS/ALCS/WS/WS with 2 rings ain't shabby, and has pretty much spoiled us)

Maybe it is again? There's a half-season of baseball left to play. We'll see.

20. ktex

ktex Member

No panic, but we are very mediocre. Bad contracts, Injuries, players sucking, and Dusty wearing out his welcome all have made this season a mess. I'll hope for a miracle but being realistic, dump Dusty in the offseason, make the right FA additions, and go contend again.

Wulaw Horn and Stephen66 like this.