1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Panathinaikos picks up another former NBA player.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by cskerlecz, Sep 25, 2007.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Mike Batiste has managed to score 12-14 ppg in Euroleague, which make him one of the best post players there!

In fact, last year, he was FIRST TEAM ALL EUROLEAGUE, and named FORWARD OF THE YEAR!!!

http://www.eurobasket.com/events/eluleb/06-07/eurol.asp

How pathetic!!!11!!!11!! :D

2. Rockets Dynasty

Mike Batiste is NOT the best post player in Europe and he is NOT a "star" in Europe. He isn't even the best big in the Greek League.

You just don't get it do you Sam? You just freaking don't get it at all do you? I have really never seen anyone so truly confused about the Greek league or Euroleague as you.

Yeah sure Sam Batiste is a "star" in Europe............ :rolleyes:

3. SamFisher

I am not sam, I am my other personality. Please sign in as B-Ball Scientist and then we can discuss why the FORWARD OF THE YEAR and 1ST TEAM ALL EUROLEAGUE FORWARD Mike Batiste is only a role player

TIA.

4. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

If a non-star can make the first team. What's that say about the value of Spanoulis's nomination in the second team in 2005-2006 or any nominations for that matter. Because I seem to remember you listing that accomplishment to show how good a player Spanoulis was.

5. Rockets Dynasty

Why do people post on things they obviously know nothing about at all and interject like they know? Batiste is MAYBE MAYBE the 4th or 5th best player on his team.

Since when is the 4th or 5th best player on his own team (and really I am probably being generous there) a "star" player?

You guys obviously don't know jack about Euroleague. For one thing awards like all league team are not based on the same things as they are in NBA.

For another calling Batiste a star in Europe or claiming he's the best big in Europe is absolutely ridiculous. You should be ashamed you even said that. I'm truly now astonished at how low your b-ball IQ is Sam.

Batiste is like the FOURTH OPTION on his own team. He's a freaking star! Hell I said Battier before, scratch that, Rafer Alston is a star in NBA!

6. Rockets Dynasty

And another thing, I don't believe I have talked about Spanoulis' all Euroleague before. It doesn't even mean much of anything anyway. In Euroleague team finish almost entirely dictates those awards.

Like the Suns and Mavs would fill the entire all NBA first team pretty much if NBA awards were the same criteria. But hey obviously you and Sam knew that already. I mean damn Mike Batiste is clearly a "star" in Europe

LMFAO

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm gonna SamFisher this for you:

[​IMG]

That graphic says that Batiste was the BEST FORWARD IN THE EUROLEAGUE. The NBA-honor equivalent (All-NBA First Team) last year went to Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan.

Now, BBall Dynasty, I know this will not prove anything to you, because you and only you know the REAL truth about Euroball. I'm including it here so that everyone else who reads this will know that YOU say whatever you feel like and insult the rest of us for not "know(ing) jack about Euroleague" and "know(ing) nothing about at all and interject(ing) like they know."

#67 topfive, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  8. Rockets Dynasty

This is absolutely UNREAL. I had no idea how incredibly lacking in any knowledge or fact fans here are about any basketball being played outside the NBA.

This is absolutely pathetic. AGAIN those awards are based on TEAM. Player of year is the individual award.

When Sam said Batiste was a star in Europe I could not believe it. Seriously. ASre all fans here this absolutely totally uninformed about basketball in Europe?

I'm a fan but not nearly as much as NBA and I even know any Euro fan would laugh at this thread.

Ok when you use the term "star: and Euroleague this is what players it encompasses:

Theodoros Papaloukas
    Dimitrios Diamantidis
    Ramunas Siskauskus
    Matjaz Smodis
    Nikola Vujicic
    Rudy Fernandez
    Sarunas Jasekivicius
    Vassilis Spanoulis

Not in any order but that's pretty much the extent of star players. To even suggest Batiste is in that group is absolutely absurd.

I guess Ericka Dampier is as good as Steve Nash? Because that's about what's being said here.

Players on Panathinaikos clearly better than Batiste.

Diamantidis
    Spanoulis
    Jasekivicius

Players probably better

Becirovic

Players maybe better

Vujanic
    Tomasevic

Big man on own team better but can only play about 20 minutes because of age

Tomsaevic

Tomasevic is 34 freaking years old and has bad knees and can only play about 20 minutes and he's still probably better than Batiste is when actually on the floor on his OWN TEAM.

Everyone arguing this just proved they have never ever watched a single minute of basketball in Greece or Euroleague and their views about anything related to it are completely made up and worthless.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

You want facts?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FACTS!!

Let's use FACTS to see just how much of a Euroleague expert you really are. The following FACTUAL statistics are from the official Euroleague website:

Michael Baptiste
    2006-2007 Full Season (regular season + playoffs)

Overall Player Ranking
    #1 on team, #13 in league

Points Per Game
    #1 on team, #17 in league

Rebounds Per Game
    #1 on team, #10 in league

Offensive Rebounds Per Game
    #1 on team, #4 in league

Defensive Rebounds Per Game
    #1 on team, #18 in league

Blocks Per Game
    #2 on team, #25 in league

Two-Point Field Goal %
    #1 on team, #3 in league

Overall Field Goal %
    #1 on team, #6 in league

OK, now I'm no bball scientist, but I don't need to be for this. Here are the absolute, unquestionable, can't-argue-with-'em FACTS:

Baptiste lead Panathinaikos for the entire year in scoring, rebounding (both offensive and defensive) and field-goal percentage, and was second on the team in blocks -- *and* he was selected All-Euroleague Forward of the Year.

Now let's compare those FACTS to your own evaluation of Baptiste:

So here's the truth: Your player evaluation skills are crap. Your complex system of ranking Euroleague players is not grounded in reality, but rather based pretty much on WHO YOU LIKE. And, as we've seen with your VSpan jock-jockeying, you have a peculiar fetish for Greek players who can't cut it in the NBA.

I rest my case. You're a complete and utter sham,a tragically untalented snake-oil salesman. You play extremely lose with your expert "facts" and those who disagree with you are accused of being ignorant regarding Euroball. You dare to say SamFisher continually insults you, yet you continually insult the intelligence of everyone on this board. And your smug postings with their seemingly endless stream of nonsensical comparisons and pick-and-choose statistics are more irritating than fingernails on a blackboard.

So as of this post, I'm through trying to discuss basketball with you. Instead, for as long as you continue to post your utter nonsense on ClutchFans using however many dozens of monikers, I will simply mock and deride you, which is all you deserve.

#69 topfive, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why not just ignore? That way the board has less of these threads.

11. Rockets Dynasty

This is sad just SAD.

Do you people even realize that if Batiste was the best PF and best post player in Europe that means he was "better" than Luis Scola?

But hey according to Sam Spanoulis is the "suckage of all Rockets." But hey Spanoulis is better on his own team than Batiste is.

But wait Batiste is better than Scola is. Afrter all no one ever called Scola the best PF in Europe, the best post player in Europe, NOPE that's Mike Freaking Batiste!

Hey according to Sam Spanoulis washed out of the NBA and so did Batiste! And Spanoulis was better than Batiste on his own team.

Now Sam claims Batiste was better PF and post player in Euroleague than Luis Scola was.

Where are all the posts from Sam Fisher bashing the trade then? All his posts bashing Morey? All his posts defending Adelman's upcoming benching of Scola because obviously Chuck Hayes is better?

Where are all of Sam's posts making fun of Scola's Spanish team Tau Ceramica? Making fun of Spanish league and Spanish barns?

Where are all of Sam's posts making fun of Argentinians, and Spanish?

I mean since Spanoulis is the "worst Rocket point guard ever" and since he is better on his own team than Batiste is and since both of them are NBA "wash outs" and since according to Sam right when Scola was in Euroleague he was not as good a PF or post player as Batiste who clearly was the best in all Europe..............

How freaking ridiculous can these people be? Does Sam Fisher have to post anything based in the world of reality ever?

12. Rockets Dynasty

So Batiste is better than Dimitrios Diamantidis? He's better than Sarunas Jasekivicius? He's better than Vassilis Spanoulis?

Batiste is better than the widely accepted best all-around player and best defender in Europe Dimitrios Diamantidis?

Who has won the Euroleague Final Four MVP and Greek League MVP and Greek Championship MVP. Who has won 3 times in a row the Euroleague Defender of the Year. Who has won a FIBA European Championship and a FIBA World Champion runner-up?

But hey Batiste has an all-Euro first team! Duh, of course he's the best player on his team!

Batiste is better than Sarunas Jasekivicius?

Who has won a FIBA European Championship. Who has won the Euroleague 3 times IN A ROW! Who has won Euroleague Final Four MVP and Euroleague MVP......who has won the FIBA European MVP in 2003! Who has won a Spanish league MVP.

Yes because Batiste has a first team all-Euro! Duh dude!

Batiste is better than Vassilis Spanoulis who is nicknamed in Euroleague "Euro Kobe"?

A ULEB Cup Euroleague Rookie of the Year, a FIBA Europe Most Improved Player of Europe, a ULEB CUP Euroleague 6th Man of the Year, a Euroleague Rookie of the Year, and a Euroleague 6th Man of the Year?

Who also has a FIBA European Championship and a FIBA World Champion runner-up.

And Batiste is better??? than Spanoulis who led Panathinaikos in scoring off the bench at 15-16 points per game OFF THE BENCH as a ROOKIE, while Batiste started and did not lead the team in scoring and was not a rookie, but hey Batiste can score 14 a game!

Yep of course he's better dumbazz!

Of course he is, there's that all-Euro!

Batiste is better than Dimitrios Diamantidis?

Who was voted the MVP of the Greek league, Final Four MVP of the Euroleague, MVP of the Greek Championship, and Defender of the Year in the Euroleague all in the SAME SEASON that supposedly Batiste is "Panathinaikos' best player"?

YEP! Because he has an all-Euro!

Batiste is better than Sani Becirovic who is an NBA draft pick, a ULEB Cup Euroleague MVP and a ULEB Cup Euroleague scoring champion.

But hey Batiste has an all-Euro, yep definitely better!

Batiste is better than Milos Vujanic?

Who is a FIBA World Champion, an NBA draft pick and a Euroleague scoring champion at 25.8 points per game in a 40 minute Euroleague!

But hey Batiste has an all-Euro! Duh Batiste is better!

Batiste is better than Dejan Tomasevic?

Who is a FIBA European Champion, a TWO TIME FIBA World Champion, a ULEB Cup Euroleague MVP, and a Euroleague MVP?

But hey Batiste has an all-Euro, what you smokin' man Batiste is way superior with that all-Euro!

Batiste is better than Demosthenes Dikoudis nicknamed "The True Legend" in Greece?

Who is a FIBA European Champion, a FIBA World Champion runner-up, a 3 time Greek league scoring champion and 3 time Greek league rebounding champion, a Greek league Rookie of the Year, and a 3 time Greek league MVP.

But hey Batiste has an all-Euro! No crap man Batiste freakin' owns Dikoudis!

Batiste is better than Nikos Hatzivrettas?

A FIBA European Champion, a World Champion runner-up, a Greek League scoring champion at 22.2 points per game?

But hey Batiste has an all-Euro and can score like 14 a game! No shiat Sherlock of course Batiste is better!

FACT

He is at BEST the 4th best player on his OWN team. But hey he's a huge star in Euroleague, the best big man in Euroleague, the best PF in Euroleague, the best post player in Euroleague according to Sam Fisher, hell he must be the Tim Duncan of Euroleague according to Sam Fisher, even though he's the FOURTH BEST PLAYER AT BEST on his OWN TEAM!

Even though Dikoudis is probably even better at his own position on hos own team!

Good God man who is Batiste's agent because he REALLY has some good hype machine. He have same agent as Lebron or what?

13. SamFisher

topfive is doing the lord's work. Peace be unto him.

PS, Kill_Bill_Pana - the Spanish league does not play in barns. They use the plaza del toros. I'm not sure if they suck as much as Greek basketball sucks, but if Pete Mickeal can be a superstar in their league after getting cut from the Rockets 15 man roster, well, you see where I'm going.

#73 SamFisher, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is just false.

Everyone knows Spanoulis was TMac back home.

15. Rockets Dynasty

Since Pete Mickeal is not a superstar in Europe, nor really even a star in Euroleague you speak nothing but falsehoods.

The Lord's work............Is Sam Fisher the resident head Pharisee of Clutchfans?

16. scola

scola Member

All-Euroleague 1st teams through the years...

2006/2007
    Diamantidis
    Navarro
    Langdon
    Scola
    Vujcic

2005/2006
    Papaloukas
    Navarro
    Parker
    Scola
    Vujcic

2004/2005
    Jasikevicius
    Macijauskas
    Parker
    Andersen
    Vujcic

2003/2004
    Jasikevicius
    Brown
    Bodiroga
    Turkcan
    Sabonis

2002/2003
    Edney
    Ford
    Bodiroga
    Garbajosa
    Alexander

2001/2002
    Edney
    Jaric
    Ginobili
    Bodiroga
    Tomasevic

17. Rockets Dynasty

Yeah Scola so true we all know (well according to Sam Fisher anyway) Batiste is the clear star of the Euroleague even without doubt the best PF and post player even when Scola was there. :rolleyes:

18. scola

scola Member

I think Batiste is among the best Power Forwards playing in Europe... but I would choose players like Scola or Smodis ahead of him.

On a side note, what a great roster Panathinaikos has. Still, CSKA has the best big men.

19. Rockets Dynasty

Exactly he's a solid PF in Europe but he's definitely not as good as Smodis who is the best. Nor was he as good as Scola who is also better than Smodis. So Sam Fisher is simply full of it.

Well Olympiacos, CSKA, and Panathinaikos have damn good teams this year.

Panathinaikos is like the Phoenix Suns of Euroleague. Between those 3 teams it will be a very interesting Euroleague.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Euro Kobe" has one more weapon in his arsenal than USA Kobe does -- the knack for disappearing completely in big games (yes, with ONE exception that everyone goes on and on about).

I've figured out a great way to read BBall Rockets Pana's postings. I visually replace the actual words with:

But... but...

But... but... but...

Same meaning, less aggravation!