1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Panathinaikos picks up another former NBA player.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by cskerlecz, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Rockets Dynasty

But he's going to play point forward now apparently according to most reports.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Thank you for reminding me that they not only were failures on the court, but they were ultimately embarrassments off the court, and ended up with the vaunted "quitter" designation.

LOL, Kill_Bill_Pana, you are paving your own path to Hades. Say hello to the boatman for me.

3. Rockets Dynasty

Since I am Kill_Bill_Pana you are Jeff Van Gundy.

From now on I will only refer to you as Jeff Van Gundy, since obviously that's who you really are.

And no Jeff Van Gundy, no sir Mr. Van Gundy, demanding out of a contract is not washing out of the NBA.

Washing out of the NBA is something that Ryan Bowen did. Yet people would argue he was a "real" NBA player because he played 7 years and Saras and Spanoulis are not because they played less.

That is absolutely factually wrong. Bowen could not get a job or contract from any NBA team. Therefore after 7 years he did wash out at least for 1 year.

Saras and Spanoulis would have played at least 1 more year (probably 2 in Spanoulis' case) if they accepted bench roles and didn't b**** so much about it. Therefore they did not wash out. Because you are purely speculating a biased opinion on what would have happened had they stayed accepting bench roles and then just accepted that afterwards as well.

According to your EXTREMELY WARPED LOGIC NBA players that were bench players in Euroleague are "Euroleague wash outs" because after all they were bench players in Europe, didn't accept it and went to the NBA where they got more play time because they "could not hack it where the big boys play in the Euroleague."

Your powers of logical deduction are truly astonishing Mr Van Gundy.

You don't seem to get that exaggerating doesn't help your arguments one bit.

If you said they didn't want to be bench players and b****ed and went to be stars in Europe you are being accurate. When you say wash out you are being completely full of nonsense BS exaggeration and you know it.

4. SamFisher

no, by my logic they were good enough to move out of the barnyard with all of the sheeps and the hays and having the milkings of the cows and the feta cheeses and up to a higher level of competition and stay in the NBA, rendering them successful, or at least - not failures like Jasikevicus, Spanoulis, Antonis Fotsis ...............etc.

5. Rockets Dynasty

BUT according to your logic they were failures in the Euroleague because they were bench players, many never even played in the top leagues even at the national level. Some so-called NBA stars were not even good players in Europe NOT even in Euroleague, they NEVER even made it to Euroleague.

They had to leave and join the NBA.

So by your logic then Euroleague is better than the NBA. Which of course directly refutes your claims about Spanoulis and Saras using the same exact parameters as your own argument. You yourself by having such flawed and twisted logic disprove your own claims and lack the intellectual capacity to even comprehend it.

See Mr. Van Gundy, believe it or not, you are not the only person who can just manipulate facts to make them fit your own warped view of reality however you want.

What you call "barn leagues" is what Europeans call "typical Ugly American attitude."

You are the classic definition of the Ugly American and people like you are the main reason why Americans are considered such a joke around the world.

6. SamFisher

wait what are you even talking about? I am not doing the understanding of the talking you are making.

What so-called NBA stars flopped in Europe? I can't think of a single one. Didn't an ancient, washed-up Dominique Wilkins and Bob McAdoo go over there and dominate? I am believing that doing this they dids.

PS I will ignore your barnyard taunts that followed.

7. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

CLASSIC. hahahaha.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

RD, why don't you do everyone (including yourself) a favor and just shut up for a while. Take a time out please.

9. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

well, i've lost a lot of respect for americans since i read this board, too.

especially threads like this one are a big part of the reason.

i find the way sam posts in this thread pretty offensive, ignorant and arrogant.

i don't argue the facts. the nba is the best league on this planet. a lot of american players that couldn't make it in the nba make a good career playing in europe.

but you have to recognize the differences between american basketball and european basketball. american basketball is much more about show, athleticism and one on one than european basketball. on the other hand european basketball is more about passing, shooting and team play in general. because of that both styles of basketball let different players with different abilities succeed.

spanoulis didn't make it in the nba because he had a bad attitude and he couldn't change his game at all. that's all his own fault, granted, but it doesn't justify to talk the way sam does.

and look, there were some people who said the following sentences about european basketball.

"The European Basketball is now better than the NBA Basketball played today."

"NBA has the most interesting players, Europe has the best Baketball."

those sentences were not said by spanoulis and jasikevicius. the first sentence was said by larry bird. the second one by donny nelson jr. two great american basketball minds.

it all depends on how you define "good" or "better" basketball. if you like good team play, nice passing, good shooting, good fundamentals you probably will find that easier in europe. if you like exciting, athletic play with a lot of spectacular one on one moves you'll find that more in america.

but using the words like barns, sheeps, embarrasments, and so on is just ignorant and disrespectfull in general.

and please don't think i post this because i'm european. that's not the case. basketball wise i'm american. i don't like the european style at all. i became a rockets fan in 1994 and i never was a fan of any european team. but this doesn't make this thread any better.

10. SamFisher

....which is why germans are renowned for their sense of humor.

There is a large back story here involving BBS failure Rox Dynasty/Kill BIll Pana/B-Ball Scientific American that you are not getting.

Yeah...see, you're not getting the back story. Search function is off, so I can't show you, but suffice it to say, barnyard ball was one of Rox Dynasty's alter ego's inventions.

Not that I much care of course....USA ALL THE WAY. I'm going to go burn my passport.

#30 SamFisher, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The problem with BACKSTORY posting Sam is that it makes the assumption that everyone reading the thread knows the backstory, but most don't, so it makes you look like a jerk.

Someone who travels as much as you do Sam knows the Ugly American syndrome, that is EXACTLY how your posts come across, not just to Europeans, but to a lot of Americans as well.

DD

#31 DaDakota, Sep 28, 2007
  12. SamFisher

As long as we are airing grievances about perceptions, the problem with your posts is that you come across as a white supremacist.

Langhi, Nachbar, Spanoulis, any white guy from Duke.

See a pattern? Hmmmmm....

Maybe you should go watch barnyard ball permanently and drop out of being an NBA fan - then you won't have to watch the black sheep.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wow, how thin your skin is Sammy........

I like a particular style of ball, lots of cutting, passing, picks and rolls, and those are the players I gravitate towards...regardless of skin tone or college education.

I am offended that you would even post that.

Unfortunatly, I am not surprised...it is typical of you, whereas you jump to race as an issue instead of style of play. It says a lot about your warped perceptions.

You immediatly assume it is race over style...that is your problem Sam, not mine.

Sam Fisher's MO.... when losing an argument, resort to name calling, but try to do it in a somewhat humerous fashion to avoid being banned....

YAWN !!!

DD

#33 DaDakota, Sep 28, 2007
  14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Very well said DD.

15. SamFisher

Wow, hold on Mr. Sensitive.

DaDakota - I'm not saying you ARE a racist, I don't know you are. I'm just giving you a friendly reminder about HOW YOU CAN BE PERCEIVED!! I thought that's what you were doing when you interrupted my tormenting of Norman Bates. See the famous case of Goose v. Gander, to use a barnyard metaphor

Gosh how thin your skin is.

Here I am, trying to be a cultural ambassador with our resident Multiple Personality Disorder case Bill/Scientist/Rox Dyanasty I've dropped in a full rotating meat log's worth of greek references and barnyard references - I am trying speak the boy's language. He's got a penchant for making up silly stories about JVG telling barnyard jokes and Bobby Sura putting itching powder in Michael Jordan's long johns ...and I have a penchant for indulging him in silliness and a love of allegory. If you don't enjoy me humoring B-Ball Scientist/Rox Dynasty/Kill Bill Pana (at least until he lawyers up), then like you have said about yourself a thousand times: Don't read it.

And how do you respond? With taunts and dredging up old scores. Really DaDakota - such conduct is shameful. For shame. A low down, dirty, rotten shame.

Like the cake song goes, Sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell. Remember that!

Olive Branch Extended. Your post failed almost as badly as Spanoulis did in the NBA.

#35 SamFisher, Sep 28, 2007
  16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Sam, this thread alone is about greek basketball. if you are decent enough, since you dropped too many bombs about Spanoulis, euroleague and greek basketball, why the hell your name is in this thread. Go away!! Go to D&D where you make sense there.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I understand your point, but it's a bad idea to base opinions of Americans in general on how clutchfans posters view European basketball. That's all I'm saying. ;)

BTW, I agree with the vast majority of your post about Euro vs. USA bball.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sam, is it true? Have you gone back to Avon, tail and tummy both tucked?

19. SamFisher

I love greek basketball. It is the best basketball to ever have been played in a barn.

German basketball on the other hand I don't care for. Honestly what's the point with all the zeppelins on the court? It just doesn't work. PS Malick Badiane sucks.

20. scola

scola Member

Panathinaikos has the best roster in the Euroleague... but CSKA has still the best big men, they will probably get to the final.