1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[palmbeachpost] Van Gundy: My brother never given credit due

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by qrui, May 26, 2006.

1. qrui

qrui Member

not sure if this has been posted. i found this interesting ...

link: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2006/05/26/a10b_vangundy_0526.html

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It's not Stan's fault. Riley amassed a team with a collection of egos and head cases (Shaq, Zo, Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton) that could only be coached by a high-profile individual (Riley, Popovich, maybe Larry Brown, but I doubt it). To be honest, Stan deserves credit for taking the team to the Eastern Finals last year, but if Riley takes them to the NBA Finals, Riley is deservingly going to receive the credit. Stan just got caught in a bad situation. He'll bounce back.

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

"I don't know if there's a true gag order ... but you won't believe how little he speaks to me about this,'' Jeff said. "I've tried to get him to open up to me about things — it's like I'm a media member. I just wish he had the ability to respond like the quotes Mourning had. They've really annoyed me and I think it's unfortunate."

Sten remembers how well JVG kept what that ref told him last year under wraps.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hard to believe Stan won't be calling JVG with ideas during the season. You know the Rockets are definitely one of the teams he'll be watching. Probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have the VG bros. discussing the team regularly.

5. CG202

CG202 Contributing Member

How about we get SVG over here as an assistan coach? I say he can do a better job than charley ward/ewing , right? ;) ;)

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Those were two completely different teams. The one Riley is coaching right now has loads more talent. It's a shame Stan's coaching ability got overshadowed by Riley's ego. People saw what Riley was gonna do in the off-season, his quotes alluded to as much. Stan needs to stop being classy and tell the truth; then move on to another Eastern team and beat the **** out of Riley. And F Zo.

7. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

beat me to it

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I suggested it back in like January

THE VAN GUNDY Comprise [my gloss]

Rocket River
    :d

9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

lets get Stan to be one of JVG's assistants...ewing seems NY bound...