1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Palin supporter: "Well look here, it's a couple of gay guys, a couple of gay fellas"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by vlaurelio, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I've answered these questions before. The answer is I don't. And, of course, you know that. But you just keep making this stuff up anyway. Your only arguments these days are imaginary. You keep finding new ways to look like a stupid *******.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Batfink, why do you hate hot sweaty man sex?

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How could anyone who supports rational thought and accuracy still be a Palin supporter?

Of course nobody is proposing such a plan. Not Obama, not the congress, nobody. But Palin doesn't have a clue.

Just read here for some myth busting. http://factcheck.org/2009/07/false-euthanasia-claims/

Palin is the same woman who believed there was a Derpartment of Law as part of the executive branch, and spoke out against American apologetics so it isn't surprising.

This isn't really news except that some folks like basso still claim that she's intelligent and support her as some kind of political leader.

The more most folks are exposed to her, the more most people can see that she has no clue, and is unqualified for any sort of national office.

I bring this up because I wonder if basso still thinks she would be a good leader, or if basso agrees with using Trig as a hypothetical sacrifice for something that isn't even proposed?

Is it wrong to act like her Downs syndrome child is really at risk because of the proposed health care when it isn't true at all? Isn't this a perfect example of Palin pimping Trig for political reasons?

After all nothing of what she's talking about in relations to her child is even proposed.

1 person likes this.
  4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

This is not what she was claiming in the quote you posted. There was nothing about suicide. What she said, typically poorly worded, was that under the health care plan the level of health care afforded to people would be partially determined by their worth to society. For example, as in the UK, a 75 year old man is much less likely to receive aggressive health care than a 40 year old because he is retired and much closer to his normal life expectancy.

Similarly, due to the limitations of those with Downs Syndrome, they would receive less aggressive health care because they are "less productive" than their healthier counterparts.

This may not be the case in the health care plan currently up for consideration, but it still is not the allegation you attributed to Palin.

That being said, I cannot stand Sarah Palin.

5. Major

Major Member

I think your answer is in your own post:

It's simple. Basso supports Palin by not supporting rational thought or accuracy.

1 person likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

basso, have you lost it entirely? I don't "get it."

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I posted the fact check part to help show that there aren't "death panels". I didn't want to post a video but I guess I will.

Much of the video focuses on the anti health care crowd making Nazi comparisons but the first part makes my point.
    <div><iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/32337676#32337676" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 425px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">Breaking News</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">World News</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">News about the Economy</a></p></div>

What Palin talked about is not being proposed by anyone.

8. Refman

If you believe that a government health care plan would not, by necessity, apportion aggressive health care depending on factors like age and serious medical conditions (ie Downs), then in time you will be very disappointed.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I support the Obama death squads.

10. logicx

logicx Member

I still don't get why what she said is so controversial...or makes her a loon...she's just stating something and taking it to an extreme...and nobody around here does that...right? heh...

Her extreme is that 1) government will take over healthcare, 2) not everyone will pay for their fair share, 3) we won't be able to afford 'good' care for everyone, 4) care will have to be rationed, 5) rationing, by any good logic, would suggest that the people who should get the best care would be the young, working class. Not the elderly, and certainly not the mentally challenged or handicapped.

She's stretching it...and nobody does that here right? No politicians do that right?

My goodness...

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I will retract what I said about it if you can show me where anything in the bill would allow downs syndrome children to have their life ended.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That's not what she's claiming. She's claiming a panel of people could decide to end the life of her down's syndrome child if Obama's ideas are put into action.

That is not accurate in the slightest. She is preying on people's fear, and using her special needs child as a tool to try and spread untruths about the proposals before congress.

If she believes what she claimed, then she is in fact a loon. She is crazy. She also used her senior citizen parents as tools for her false claims. She doesn't know a damn thing about the government or the proposals.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

There is a provision that makes end of life care voluntary. That is a far cry form denying coverage, or even putting the decision for coverage in the hands of any government panel.

Palin is making stuff up, or has bought into the crap that other people made up. That is stupid of her. Palin is also using her special needs child and elderly parents as tools to try and make a political point, even though her claim is false.

14. uolj

uolj Member

If this were the case, would it be any different than what private health plans would do?

15. logicx

logicx Member

I'm not sure what you didn't get about my last post about rationing...somebody has to decide who gets what when the rationing starts...call it a panel, call it a group, call it an individual, call it whatever, somebody has to decide who gets what when rationing starts. I don't get what's so difficult to see about that?

Is she using fear? Hell, yes, she's using fear, it moves people to do something. Politicians do it all the time. See Obama and the stimulus package, and the sky is falling and we need to do it now. See Specter, and "we have to make decisions quickly", etc., not exactly quoted...call out everyone if you want to go that route. Most all politicians use fear at some point. Don't be so naive.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

But the bill doesn't propose that. The type of rationing you are talking about is made up. Please read the facts on the bill. The proposal says that end of life care could be voluntary. The person themselves would have to volunteer to not have end of life care. It is up to them, and not up to anyone in government as is being claimed by Palin or you.

The fact of the matter is that insurance companies already ration health care and won't approve every procedure. Will that continue even if people are on the govt. plan? Sure. That's still different than denying care to special needs children and the elderly.
    It's one thing to ramp up fear. It's another things to ramp up fear based on something that isn't true and use a special needs child as pawn in ramping up that fear.

1 person likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Naiveté is hip deep around here. You seriously think your post makes a modicum of sense? Please tell me that you're just spinning a tale for your own amusement. Thanks in advance.

18. Refman

That isn't what she said. Did you even read what was posted? You are getting caught up in the hyperbole and bravado of "death squad." The crux of her statement was government bureaucrats deciding what health care Trig could have.

The fact is that be it due to age, or pre-existing (and unrelated) problems, a government panel will determine whether an individual can have aggressive health care. Due to age, etc, some will be denied that health care, and they will die. Due to cost, there is no other way this can end.

Palin is a dumbass, and her bravado completely muted the rest of what she said. Read it and you'll see what I am talking about.

19. Refman

Yes.

My father is a retiree in his 70s. He has retiree health insurance from his employer and Medicare as a supplement to it. He gets all the preventative care you could ask for and very good coverage should he require surgery, etc.

Once a government plan is enacted and the money runs dry, I have grave concern that he would not fare nearly as well.

20. Refman

BS.

This is what she said, right after "death squads..."

"...so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their “level of productivity in society,” whether they are worthy of health care."

This means that a panel would look at who is the most deserving of scarce resources and apportion them accordingly.

Of course it isn't in the bill. I am curious to know what you think will happen once this is enacted and the allotted money runs out.