1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Palin officially not running

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Already being duscussed in GOP Primary thread

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's always been about the money to Ms. Palin. I'm sure she's happy as a clam.

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Minor edit:

It's always been about the money to Ms. Palin ever since she realized she was totally unfit for the big stage. I'm sure she's happy as a clam.

For all her stupidity, she did correctly calculate her odds for achieving the power/positions she wanted. When the deck was stacked against her, she altered her goals accordingly.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

That is so true.

Now she is free to be a talk show host or whatever pays best.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

She isn't smart enough to be a talk show host. Maybe a guest commentator or speech maker where she doesn't have to interact much other than to talk and leave.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Dear Ms Palin, the clock is at 14 minutes and 54 seconds.

Get it while you can babe.

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

If Obama engineers his own defeat, Palin will be Secretary of Energy -- drill, baby, drill!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sarah, Glen Rice is on line 2.....

DD

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Best news ever

11. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

You don't think she could hang with the ladies of the view or the talk? I don't think she is going to have "The Palin Factor" and go after other pundits. She wants no part of that. But I can see her being a host of an Oprah type talk show, where her support base is the genesis and the telos and they all just shake their heads at the rest of the real world and clap their hands because they all got Kindles just for showing up. I think she's destined for her own self-produced, protected media spotlight.

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

She's not running any more? Please say that she'll keep posing in running clothes, at least.

[​IMG]

13. Dei

Dei Member

You severely underestimate Oprah's intelligence.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

She isn't intelligent enough for daily give-and-take discussion with people. People like Oprah are very smart, well-informed, well-prepared and hard working. Palin is none of those. The cliches, Palin-isms and her repetitive phrases would wear out very quickly on a daily show. These are 90% of what she is. She doesn't think well on her feet and that is a death sentence for a talk show host. They wouldn't be able to pre-script enough for her because unexpected stuff comes up. The "deer in the headlights" Sarah would show up on a regular basis.

I hope she gives it a try, but it's doubtful IMO.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/le4MklhIElI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/le4MklhIElI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The most important thing to remember about Palin is that this crazy person was actually the VP nominee of a major political party. It seems many on the Right have since understood the mistake (and some understood the mistake even back in 2008) and have been more or less abandoning her to an increasing degree. Many, however, can't seem to admit that their error. Kind of a right wing trait.... like how Cheney gets about all the Bush era wars and torure.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprised at all. As soon as she quit the governorship I had the feeling she wouldn't be running for office again. She realizes there is way more money to be made with way less accountability not being or running for elective office.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Her hard-core supporters deserve a chance to vote for her for president, whether she runs or not!

I'm prepared to support a write-in campaign.

This ain't over...

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agree with this. The excuse she gives about why she quit is baffling and it puzzles me how tea partiers can buy it.

20. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

"I wasn't going to be Governor when my term ends, so I'll quit on my people now to do real change!"

That message no matter how you look at it should have been headline news for the rest of that summer. She quit, simply because eventually she wasn't going to be in the position at some point in the future. It's like getting a job, working there for 6 months, then quitting out of nowhere because at some point in the future you won't be working there. It made ZERO sense, and people actually thought she was a genius for it. Amazing.