1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Palin-"Is a title and a campaign too shackle-y?"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gifford1967, Sep 28, 2011.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honest to god, when I first saw these quotes I thought it was a joke. Either from The Onion or a Tina Fey skit. Alas, they are real-

A Palin presidency: Too “shackle-y?”

That’s what Sarah Palin suggested on Fox News’ “On The Record with Greta VanSusteren” tonight, saying that she’s concerned jumping into the 2012 presidential race will muffle her message.

“Is a title worth it?” she asked, rhetorically. “Does a title shackle a person? Are they someone like me who’s maverick? I do go rogue and I call it like I see it and I don’t mind stirring it up in order to get people to think and debate aggressively.”

“Is a title and a campaign too shackle-y?,” she continued. “Does that prohibit me from being out there, out of a box, not allowing handlers to shape me and to force my message to be what donors or what contributors or what pundits want it to be? Does a title take away my freedom to call it like I see it and to affect positive change that we need in this country? That’s the biggest contemplation piece in my process.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/sarah-palin-is-a-campaign-too-shackle-y/

#1 gifford1967, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

She's pretty dumb. My neighbor(works for Perry) who has met her on several occasions tells me she is good to look at and that is about it. She seldom makes any sense at all.

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Someone please put a muzzle on this woman. I don’t care how shackle-y it is for her.

1 person likes this.
  5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Not running for president is a good move for her, she will make more money as this maverick she portrays. If she ran for president and did not do well she'd become irrelevant.

6. Major

Major Member

I'd think your reason for running for President would be that you think you could make a difference, rather than to earn a title.

1 person likes this.
  7. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, that's the other thing. It's very revealing that she discusses running for president in these terms. It's just incredibly shallow and self-centered thinking.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know of one poster on the bbs who actually supports her, and he's shown the value of his opinions in political matters as well as his (dis)honesty repeatedly.

I think nationwide she has a very limited base, that seems to be shrinking. Political office doesn't seem to be of any real interest to her. Making money and popularity seem to be her only real motivation at this point.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

as much as i hate to post in a palin thread, its fun to rub it in people's faces who actually thought she was a real politician. just shows how pathetic my life is

10. IVFL

IVFL Member

So, she does not want a "title". Then why is she refering to herself as a maverick. Isnt that a title as well. . . .. . I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i have known a few doctors and a lawyer that supported her in the past. it truly amazes me.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i, too, was surprised by SamFisher's closet support of Palin.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah, i'm talking about smart people. it just goes to show how politics can cause us to align ourselves with the wierdest things.

its like rooting for your favorite team, i mean how many people who hate vick for what he did would root for him if he's on their team

"she's an idi err, she's a conservative, i lover her"

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I too was surprised when I found MadMax in that closet with me. Seven minutes in heaven, indeed.

1 person likes this.
  15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

But that's a title with no responsibilities.

The prospect of her running for President is what keeps her relevant. She doesn't want to be POTUS (hell, she decided she didn't want to be governor after 2 years), but she wants people to think she might run because that's what keeps her name in the news, hence her on and off again "family" bus tour to where ever the other candidates happen to be.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

She is literally too stupid to insult.

1 person likes this.
  17. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Her 15 minutes are ticking away quickly. How soon before she ends up on "Dancing With The Stars"?

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Worked wonders for this guy...

[​IMG]

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There are women who accomplish something in life... then there are complete r****ds like this failure of a woman. She needs to literally get back in the kitchen and stay there.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Does 15 minutes mean Madmax had time for another 7 minutes with someone after SamFisher?