1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Palestinian Freedom Riders Attemtping to Ride Jewish Only Buses in Israel.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Nov 15, 2011.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That reading is propaganda with some selective facts. I did read it, but it doesn't change the real facts.

Why don't you enjoy reading.

This is from a Jewish group called Jews for Justice. Their old website cactus48.com was taken down sadly.
    http://www.paolobarnard.info/docs/Doc. 1 Le origini del conflitto israelo-palestinese.pdf

Luckily some of the worst most prejudiced policies of Israel have been softened.

I noticed the website you linked didn't mention much about the water rights of Palestinians. There was one link which again left out the specific policies of Israel which did have different water rights for Israelis and Palestinians. The only thing your link said was that ISrael increased the water rights in 1994 for Palestinians and was considering increasing it even more.

Well here's some news for you. If Israel is limiting the water rights for Palestinians and giving them different water rights than Israelis have that's discrimination. Your own website is what had that information in it.

Luckily water rights have been increased for Palestinians but they still aren't the same.

Water rights is an issue that has zero to do with ISraeli security and is purely based on ethnicity alone. That's discrimination and bigotry.

Some less biased more open sourced material might help you in the future.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

http://www.think-israel.org/fraudhistory.html

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

How the hell is this relevant? Does this somehow make the occupation ok? I think the common theme here is if Israel is going to occupy the Palestinian territories, give them equal rights or give them independence.

Past history is irrelevant now. They now control a large chunk of territory that they refuse to make a decision on.

No one cares who was there first anymore. That isn't going to solve this problem. Israel has been buying time for years instead of making a final decision on the occupied territories. Either annex them and extend Israeli law/citizenship (like they did with the Golan Heights and East Jerusalem) or give them full independence.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Do you understand propaganda?

The history I provided had quotes from first hand participants, actual events, news stories from the best news agencies in the world, dates etc.

Your new link had religious ramblings with almost no facts to counter anything in the link I provided.

In addition you didn't comment on the first link you gave which actually points out about Israel's bigotry in their policy.

Please wake up and stop buying into silly propaganda. Use some critical thinking. God gave you a mind. Use it.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

Okay, let me get this straight. You post a 40 page complete propagandist piece and want to know if i understand propaganda. The piece you posted from unnamed Jews at Berkeley (LOL), I mean really, Berkeley, is just too funny. Please just go ahead and admit that you are anti-Semitic. Try this one, it is a whole lot closer to the truth and the author actually signed it.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Anti-Semitic? Where did I ever say anything about Jewish people at all?

Berkeley isn't Harvard, but it's a top tier school. As I mentioned the piece I posted was originally from Jews for Justice and on an old website called Cactus48. The information it has is referenced and comes from Israeli leaders, the best news agencies in the world both in the middle east and the United States etc.

I'll read your article but please point to any evidence that I'm anti-Semitic. Show me where you got that idea from.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Franchise, you may not be anti-Semetic however you apparently believe all the Palestinian propaganda. You certainly usually rush to condemn Israel very quickly. Really, the article you posted is not from anyone remotely Jewish because the facts just don't add up. They would have put their name on the piece if it had any merit. Please study the issues and don't take everything the media says at face value. I don't take any media outlet at face value I study the issue and decide accordingly looking at both sides.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They were allowed on the bus.

Please close this thread.

9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

If they would just sit down and eat bacon together, all of the world's problems would go away.

3 people like this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

Post of the day!!! LOL that is hilarious!!!

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Ironic that the idea of God and religion is associated with intelligence. ;)

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't rush to accept all Palestinian propaganda. I read some stuff that is definitely Palestinian Propaganda, and some stuff that isn't.

The link I sent you was a repost. The group that did the research to begin with is named, they aren't hiding the name. They are called Jews for Justice. They were an organization from the middle east. Some guy who didn't put his name on the piece reprinted it. He didn't need to put his name on it because he didn't write it.

I don't rush to condemn ISrael, but when a nation is operating an Apartheid system, I oppose it. I firmly believe Israel has a right to exist, and even that they can exist as a Jewish state. I don't have any real problems with that. But when they have one set of laws for one ethnicity and a different set of laws for a different ethnicity in an area like water rights which isn't a security issue, that's bigotry. I'll call them on it every time.

Our own nation went through a huge struggle where there was one set of laws for one group, and another set of laws for a different group. It was the a just and worthwhile struggle in our nation, and it is in Israel as well.

I'll condemn Israel's unfair practices and occupation, just like I'll condemn terrorism against Israel, or anyone who is prejudiced against Israelis.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

http://www.thenational.ae/news/worl...ighters-want-segregation-from-female-soldiers

Intolerant religion.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member