1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pakistan to execute Christian mother who verbally insulted Muhammed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Cultural neo-nazi's finest hour.

Nice nice. Should we all dye our hair blonde and wear blue contacts as well?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not sure, but if you want to paint your fingernails as well and wear high heels...knock yourself out. Your posts had kind of given it away anyway.

3. Mathloom

Supporting Member

OH NO!! I'm SO HURT!! lol

It's like I've said before, you suddenly become so happy when Muslims do things that can be perceived as non-Muslim. That's not always a negative thing, but the consistency with which you display this behavior is telling.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What exactly in dmc89's post do you have a problem with?

5. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Nothing at all. It was a great post.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

But if I praise it, you freak out. LOL.

7. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

No, it's when you said all Muslims should be like him and his family. Typical Nazi dialogue. Oh well, you already showed you support collective punishment.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If all Muslims were like him and his family, there would be no extremist Muslims, right? What's Nazi about wishing there were no extremist Muslims?

I guess from your perspective that would be undesirable...

9. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Good assumption and fallacious reasoning. I guess you identified what causes extremism. The rest of the world is waiting to hear your great insight on the causes of fundamentalism!
    [/quote]
    There's something that screams 'Master Race' when you wish all people who were associated by one particular thing in their life (religion) were all exactly the same way. Self-independence is something you Germans hate.

10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Because dmc's post shows his and his family's uniqueness in overcoming a common problem in their own way.

Your praise is clearly a veil for how you want different people to become the exact same way (which happens to be your way), rather than having different people and paths to the same goal.

You can't accept Islamic lifestyle becoming a part of the melting pot unless Islamic lifestyle is transformed into something that resembles your lifestyle. You have stated numerous times how you expect immigrants to take on the German culture, rather than having their own unique identity assimilated and fused INTO German culture (as has been the case since the beginning of time).

So if you were told that someone wears hijab and drinks beer and eats pork, you would respect them more than the same person without the beer and pork before you even get to know them. You have demostrated this with your pre-disposed assumptions about those who wear niqab re: the French government's abuse of their freedom.

Frankly, with this one, you are just asking to be called a Nazi, regardless of your nationality. It's very eerie behavior on your part. It's identical to and indistinguishable from the behavior that many of your far right East German compatriots display. Doesn't that bother you at all? Maybe you don't see the parallelism between your ideas and behavior and extremists around the world.

I don't know if this will make you understand, but you realize that if we all became like OBL, the world would be a peaceful place right? If all of us suddenly adopted one set of values/principles, there would be no issues, regardless of the ethics inherent in those principles. But this would require cultural cleansing of epic proportions which can never ever be justified. The goal is to agree a set of values/principles which derives the best ideas from all cultures in order to overcome our arbitrary genetic differences.

What makes us feel that you are biased is that you repeatedly display an affinity for ensuring that those set of values are derived solely from your own. You don't seem to show any sense of sacrifice, or idea development, or behavioral change regardless of any information you are exposed to.

To put it succinctly, you don't appear to be playing the "let's all TRY to agree what's best in a fair and effective way" game but rather you are playing the "listen to me, my values are the best and we can't include XXX race/religion/ethnicity in this discussion" game. Once upon a time, the "West" was a loosely coined term by bigots from the East but you have risen to the challenge of idiots and embodied this colonial ethnocentric "West" with the way you behave.

What the heck are you trying to achieve? You're going to spend your lifetime screaming paranoid things and end your life wondering why no one listened to you enough. The only joy you'll see in the world's development is the few times when you get to say I told you so. You are, in fact, lucky that you are alive at the time when those you hate happen to have enough financial clout to do stupid enough things to say "I told you so." more than you ever would in the history of humanity. The sad thing is, one day "Islamic" terrorists will die down just like all the other "religious" terrorists have, and people like you will still exist. It's just that they'll have less opportunities to say "I told you so" and way more opportunities to say "you don't understand."

1 person likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I fell asleep halfway through the book you just posted.

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's ok, we all know about your condition.

Thankfully, this is a message board and others can read it, which is satisfying to me in itself.

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

sucks that there was an earthquake there, but i hope bin ladin died in it

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Pakistan's only Christian cabinet member assassinated
    Shahbaz Bhatti, the minority affairs minister, is the second top official to be killed after opposing a blasphemy law.

Reporting from Islamabad, Pakistan — Gunmen killed Pakistan's only Christian cabinet member Wednesday in a hail of bullets outside his house in Islamabad, the second assassination this year of a top Pakistani official who had opposed the country's controversial blasphemy law.

The assassination of Shahbaz Bhatti, the country's minority affairs minister, underscored the reach of extremism in a Muslim, nuclear-armed country founded on the principles of minority inclusion, as well as the government's inability to protect its minorities.

Bhatti was an outspoken opponent of Pakistan's blasphemy law, which makes it a crime to utter any derogatory remarks about, or insult in any way, the prophet Muhammad, the Koran or Islam. Critics of the law say it can be exploited as a means to settle scores against adversaries or persecute minorities.

Ali Dayan Hasan, South Asia researcher for Human Rights Watch, called Bhatti's slaying "a grave setback for the struggle for tolerance, pluralism and respect for human rights in Pakistan."

Bhatti was leaving for work when the midmorning attack took place. Witnesses and police said three or four gunmen in a white Suzuki car drove up and sprayed Bhatti's black sedan with bullets. The attack lasted several minutes, and witnesses said more than 50 shots were fired.

Before escaping, the gunmen scattered pamphlets on the wet pavement that stated Bhatti was assassinated because of his defense of the country's blasphemy law. The pamphlets said the Pakistani Taliban and Al Qaeda were responsible for the slaying.

The driver survived and rushed Bhatti to Shifa Hospital, just minutes away from the minister's house, but he died before reaching the hospital, authorities and witnesses said.

Wajid Durrani, inspector general for Islamabad police, said the federal government had assigned a squad of bodyguards to protect Bhatti, but the minister did not have the guards with him at the time of the attack.

On Jan. 4, Punjab Gov. Salman Taseer was assassinated in Islamabad by Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qadri, a 26-year-old police commando assigned to guard him. Qadri admitted killing Taseer because of Taseer's opposition to the blasphemy law. When he appeared in court, lawyers showered him with flower petals and kissed his cheeks, a reaction that caused many liberals in Pakistani society to worry that support for extremism had begun to seep into mainstream society.

Robinson Asghar, a close friend of Bhatti's, said Bhatti had repeatedly asked the federal government for a bulletproof car after the Taseer assassination, but was never given one. Asghar, whose office is across the street from Bhatti's house, rushed out of his building when he heard gunfire and found Bhatti slumped in the rear seat of the car, covered in blood.

"This is something our minority community never deserved," Asghar said. "This event today has brought shame upon the whole nation."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...hristian-assassinated20110304,0,7683705.story

15. dmc89

dmc89 Member

This part infuriates me :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised if the ISI through proxy of its militant connections had him offed. He was causing too much 'instability' and 'noise' with his progressive views so he had to be shut up.

The ISI has no religious ideology. It only cares for a unified and strong Pakistan to fight off India and her allies. It's very similar to how Republicans in the 50s and 60s thought about the USSR. But their paranoia and obsession (since the '71 loss of East Pakistan) to always keep the country in a mode of security will ironically be the downfall for the country, not Pak's neighbor.

16. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So much apathy? Nobody else cares about this assassination?

Seems like intimidation is working in Pakistan. Anyone who disagrees with the islamo-fascist rules there gets threatened with death or murdered.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

disgusting. Pakistan is a sh!thole with people who are hundreds of years behind the rest of the civilized world. Completely intolerant, backwards idiots in a borderline worthless country

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The silence from some of those posters who are so quick to be outraged when something happens in Israel is deafening.

20. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Its annoying when you equate not posting on a message board as somehow not caring about the issue.

That said I certainly am upset. I've met and known too many Pakistanis and Bangladeshis who are no different than me except for some arbitrary divisions so I definitely care about the issue.

That said I wasn't planning on posting here because frankly there is very little discussion to be had on this topic. No one is going to say "I'm ok with this murder." Israel on the other hand is still a topic that generates some actual debate so naturally people are more inclined to post their opinions on the topic.

1 person likes this.