1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pakistan to execute Christian mother who verbally insulted Muhammed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 18, 2010.

1. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

So what's the problem here? I barley ever come in D&D but I can see ATW is not a fan of islam. So what? Does that bother you and other muslims here. It's obvious that islam is violent religious. Islam teaches to kill non muslims any way they can and if they die in that battle they are martyr and will go to heaven and hangout with 70 virgin for all eternity. The koran was written in a time where there were a lot of violence and battles fought by different villages in that region but its freaking 2011 and we are suppose to be civilize people who use common scenes and live within each other no matter what race and beliefs we have but people in that part of the region are still living in stone ages times. Don't let religion control you, get a razor and shave that beard.

#421 GlenRice, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

From that Office Depot gift card I mailed you, it sounds like you have a Muslim name. ;)

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Kids with keyboards......SHEESH !

Now that was a reasonable post....well said, good sir.

DD

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Geez man, I can see why you "barley" ever "come in D&D". Are you new to the english language? If so I apologize.

BTW its 72 virgins not 70, get it "write" ;)

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

LOL, :confused:

This should be the standard response to all of your posts

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5811322&postcount=2

6. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Not a muslim name

7. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Me speak no englisss

8. s land balla

The most frightening part of this assassination is the fact that Taseer was known to be socially liberal in almost every way, and this was likely a reason for his murder. The "blasphemy" remarks likely put the backlash against him over the top, but it wasn't the sole reason, IMO.

It will be interesting to see the reaction of the people of Pakistan to this horrific act.

9. s land balla

Salman Taseer murder throws Pakistan into fresh crisis

Pakistan lurched into a fresh crisis after an outspoken secular politician was shot dead by a fanatic who opposed reform of the country's draconian blasphemy laws.

Punjab's governor, Salman Taseer, was gunned down by one of his own bodyguards as he stepped from his car in Islamabad's Kohsar market, a favoured haunt of westerners and wealthy Pakistanis.

The assassin, who belonged to an elite police force tasked with protecting Taseer, shot the governor at least nine times before dropping his weapon and surrendering to colleagues. Officials named him as Mumtaz Qadri.

"A guard jumped out of a car with a flashing light on top of it. He pointed his Kalashnikov at [Taseer's] window and blasted it," said one witness.

As he was led away Qadri, a 26-year-old with a curly beard, told photographers he was "proud" to have killed Taseer because he was a "blasphemer".

Taseer's death is a blow to Pakistan's embattled liberal minority and comes at a disastrous moment for the ruling Pakistan Peoples party, which lost its parliamentary majority at the weekend.

As tributes to the slain politician flowed in from across the political spectrum, dazed Pakistanis struggled to come to terms with the death of another political leader, just three years after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.

"This is a clear and present danger; it shows how deep the problems of Pakistani society are," said Sherry Rehman, a PPP politician who shared many of Taseer's convictions. "If we don't act now, this tide will swallow us whole."

A sharp and often combative politician, Taseer never shied from a fight and aggressively used Twitter to air his uncompromising views, especially against increasingly powerful extremist forces.

Last month he publicly supported Aasia Bibi, a Christian woman and mother of three who has been sentenced to death for allegedly insulting the prophet Muhammad.
    Bibi's case has triggered a fresh debate around the blasphemy laws, which human rights groups say are frequently abused to settle scores or target minorities.

But religious groups staunchly oppose any change, and extremists preachers have offered a reward for the death of Bibi. Meanwhile most politicians, with the exception of Taseer and Rehman, remained quiet on the issue, even within the ruling PPP.

Enraged PPP supporters took to the streets across Pakistan, chanting slogans and weeping. A procession of ashen-faced ministers and officials trailed into the Islamabad hospital where Taseer's body was taken after the shooting. "These are the forces that are ranged against us," said Latif Khosa, a former attorney general. "Every time our party comes to power, its leaders are assassinated or disappear."

Raza Anjum, a young British councillor who recently met Taseer to lobby for Aasia Bibi, said his death was a big blow to "all who are working for an enlightened and progressive Pakistan".

The attack has strong echoes with the 1984 assassination of Indian premier Indira Gandhi, who was shot by two of her own Sikh bodyguards as she walked to an interview with actor Peter Ustinov.

In recent interviews Taseer acknowledged his life was in danger but apparently did not anticipate a threat from within the ranks of his putative protectors. The interior minister, Rehman Malik, said an investigation conducted by police and the ISI intelligence agency would determine whether Qadri was acting alone or in concert with other extremists.

From a small village outside Islamabad, Qadri was a member of the crack Elite Punjab police unit, whose commandos are known for wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the slogan "No Fear."

On the internet, Taseer's death provoked a deluge of shared grief on sites such as Twitter and Facebook. But it also highlighted the number of Pakistanis who celebrated the death as a victory for efforts to defend the blasphemy law. Within hours a Facebook page appeared in support of Qadri; by mid-evening it had over 1,000 followers.

Mohammad Hanif, a leading novelist, said colleagues at the BBC in Karachi had randomly polled people on the street about the shooting. "Everyone approves," he said on Twitter.

"Religion has become more and more divisive; there is no tolerance," said Talat Masood, a retired general and commentator. "Our society needs to be completely re-orientated."

President Asif Ali Zardari declared a three-day period of mourning for Taseer, which may also give him some political breathing room.

The government is fighting for survival since a coalition party, the Muttahida Qaumi Mohajir, defected to the opposition benches last weekend. Intense backroom talks are under way to bring the MQM back into the fold; otherwise the government could collapse.

Salman Taseer was never one to apologise for who he was or where he came from. Rising from modest beginnings to become a business tycoon, his brash style served him well. But in Pakistan's dangerous game of politics, it led to his death.

Two months ago, in defiance of the prevailing political winds, Taseer paid a visit to Aasia Bibi, a Christian woman sentenced to death under the country's harsh blasphemy law.

Other politicians shunned Bibi, fearing the religious backlash; Taseer insisted on being photographed with her. Then he took his campaign to Twitter.

"Unimpressed by mullah rightest [sic] madrasa demo yesterday," he wrote on 1 January. "No general support."

It was a typically principled stand from a born-again politician with an abundance of enemies and admirers who thrived in the Punjab, Pakistan's most turbulent political hothouse.

The 56-year-old Lahore native had long-standing ties to the Bhutto-led Pakistan Peoples party, and did stretches in the torture cells of the military dictator General Zia-ul-Haq during the 1980s. His ardour for politics dimmed in the 1990s after several failed attempts to get elected and he turned to making money, where he did better.

Taseer built a small empire including accountancy and management firms, a television station, a newspaper and a telecommunications company. But he was drawn back to politics in 2008 when Pakistan's president, Asif Ali Zardari, appointed him governor of Punjab, Pakistan's most populous and wealthiest province.

Taseer quickly carved out a role as Zardari's attack dog against the Sharif family, which is also based in Lahore. He developed a taste for Twitter, using it to launch pithy, and often witty, barbs against opponents. Taseer also injected glamour into the job.

The wedding of a son on the lawns of the sweeping governor's residence in central Lahore was celebrated with lavish photo spreads in Good Times, Pakistan's version of Hello! magazine – which Taseer happened to own. His children came in for less welcome attention when leaked Facebook pictures of his daughters in swimsuits spread across the internet.

Taseer's death deprives Pakistan of a colourful politician with unusual reserves of pluck. More significantly, it signals a worrying reduction in the public space for public figures, who cannot even count on their own police to protect them. The country's liberals have not felt so isolated since the dark years of the Zia dictatorship in the 1980s.

In one of his last tweets, Taseer wrote: "I was under huge pressure 2 cow down b4 rightest pressure on blasphemy. Refused. Even if I'm the last man standing."

It was a darkly prophetic comment.

10. NMS is the Best

No it doesn't. Anyone who believes so severely lacks an understanding of Islam.

11. s land balla

I can't believe this story isn't even on the front page of CNN.com.

For as much as Pakistan is in the news these days, this is very significant.

The Governor of Punjab (largest, most populous province in Pakistan) is akin to the Governor of California.

#431 s land balla, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  12. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7yaDlZfqrc&feature=player_embedded

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Ok fair, then can you educate us on what koran says about non muslims. I really like to know.

15. NMS is the Best

This person doesn't follow Islam.

16. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

Could there be a possibility of a photoshop? Not saying that picture isn't real, but I don't think anyone is that big of a jackass that they wont catch the irony in their own sign.

17. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

So GlenRice assumes that he has a beard just because he is Muslim and it is a reasonable post?

18. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Hardcore muslims usually have long beard on their face. I'm not saying Hydhypedplaya has a beard.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I believe the picture is photoshopped, yes - the original sign said "Behead those who insult Islam". Not much better, but...yeah ;).

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...in-bieber-and-selena-gomez-kiss-spark-threats

Photos of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez kiss spark threats

NEW YORK—Although Disney starlet Selena Gomez, 18, has played down her relationship with teen heartthrob Justin Bieber, 16, calling him "one of my best friends" and not a romantic partner, the couple caused a commotion Monday after pictures surfaced of the two kissing in their bathing suits aboard a private yacht off St. Lucia. They were photographed Thursday while vacationing in the Caribbean.

The photos, which include other clothed public displays of affection, resulted in a burst of Twitter-verse vitriol from, presumably, Bieber's teen and tween fans — some of whom posted what appear to be hyperbolic but still troubling death threats.

While Gomez's own Twitter account contains no negative posts, TMZ.com collected a series of violent tweets, including three that read:

• roses are red, violets are blue, @selenagomez if you'll break @justinbieber's heart I'm gonna kill you

@selenagomez I'll kill you I swear on GOD!!!!

• @selenagomez If you are the Girlfriend of Justin I will Kill you I HATE YOU :mad: !!!

Pop singer Bieber and Disney Channel Wizards of Waverly Place star Gomez have been spotted arm in arm together often in the past few months, sparking couplehood speculation. Gomez consistently has insisted the two are just friends, telling celebrity-gossip blogger Perez Hilton jokingly in September, "He's, like, 16; I'm 18. That's illegal now!"

Nearly a year ago, when the two were 17 and 15, she told MTV News, "I feel like a big sister now, ’cause I want to protect him."

Bieber told People magazine last month, "We just like to hang out. (People) shouldn't be stopping us from going out to dinner and things like that."