1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pakistan to execute Christian mother who verbally insulted Muhammed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

refreshing. You sir are repped.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Agreed.

It's pretty obvious that the sole purpose of this law is to persecute Pakistan's religious minorities.

I can guarantee you that if I (Sunni Muslim, whose parents are from Lahore) went to Pakistan and said something blasphemous in public, nothing would happen.

Disgraceful.

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I agree but what can be done? Someone get Zardari to join Clutchfans cause I won't/can't defend this stuff. Nobody in their right mind can.

1 person likes this.
  4. s land balla

Haha, repped. :grin:

5. Qball

You see this is why I, and many others here, don't respect you at all DaDakota. You make stupid posts like above. I have family that live there. Why even joke about something like that, is it really funny to you? You want to call it a joke but I know deep down inside you would have a f****** smile on your face if it ever did happen. You're a disgusting person.

6. s land balla

What part is your fam from?

I'm hoping to visit (for only the second time in my life) sometime next year. I applied for an Indian tourist visa as well (already have a Pakistani visa), and am hoping to visit both in one trip. No one in my family, including extended family, has ever been to India (with the exception of my grandfather, who went in the 1940s pre-partition while in the army), so I think it'd be pretty fascinating to visit.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I feel for you and your family Qball, but I do think that country is an absolute joke, and I do feel that religious rule is horrible for people in general.

Of course I don't want to bomb anyone, sure bad joke.....but with all the crap being slung around in here about Hiroshima, figured it would be funny, guess it wasn't to you.

And I would not be SMILING if someone was killed, it kills all of us inside as it happens, I am sickened by all the killing over religion, it pisses me off, that most of those people are bullied into towing the company line.

This is exactly how the Nazi's rose to power, you can see some of the same crap going on with Islamists....with us or against us (also disgusted when Bush said it)....

Honestly, I am not sure what the answer is...but history has shown that the only way to deal with extremists is to be even more extreme.

So, if an Iman puts out a bounty on someone's head, someone should put one on his head......fair is fair.....until enough people die and it just flat out stops....

You can't reason with moronic behavior driven by what I consider mythos.

Respect me or not, I really don't care......but I respect everyone, and that is part of my angst over this crap.

I am just tired of folks killing each other because they believe something different, the only way to stop a bully is to hit them in the nose....IMO.

DD

#367 DaDakota, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  8. Qball

I refuse to believe that violence can only be answered by violence. It's very hard for me to accept why that is always the best answer in the end. $20 billion spent on war can easily be spent on schools/education (hell even let be called propoganda) with much much less bloodshed. If history has taught us anything, it is that fighting fire with fire is a vicious cycle that will never end.

That scene from the movie Charlie Wilson's War perfectly described it.

Congressman: Yeah, we're a little busy right now reorganizing Eastern Europe,
    don't you think?
    Charlie Wilson: We've spent billions. Let's spend a million on
    H.R.118 and rebuild a school.
    Congressman: Charlie, nobody gives a $h!t about a school in Pakistan.
    Charlie Wilson: ..........Afghanistan, sir.

We've got to get rid of that attitude.

Hyderabad. And good luck with that Indian visa. It's almost near impossible to get one while you have any affiliation to Pakistan. A friend of mine is getting married soon and his fiance wanted to go to India to shop for the wedding. She and her family was insta-denied. Man was she pisssssed lol.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The problem is that you can not give stuff to people that will then use it against you, building a school is great until they kill the teachers because they don't believe in a particular type of religion, hell it could be the same damned religion just with a different twist.

I am all for building schools and educating people and giving them a helping hand, but when you build it, and it is taken over by the same corrupt people it does nothing but build their power base.

And why can't you do both? If an Iman puts out a bounty, maybe he should be instantly targeted covertly by an international anti-terrorist squad.

You have got to shut up the BS rhetoric that is clouding the minds of otherwise good honest people, because what happens is folks just go along and do whatever it takes to survive......same thing with Nazi germany.

I see so many parallels in the rise of the Nazi party and with the rise in radical Islam......bully pulpit, and history has taught us that the way to stop the bullying is to bully the bullies....even harder.

And it is not a violent cycle that never ends, Germany and Japan are now some of our biggest allies....it can end, one side just needs to beat the crap out of the other side so bad that it takes their will to fight away.

DD

10. s land balla

As of now, my application is "pending approval of the Government of India."

How long did it take your friend to figure out that she was denied? Was she born in the US?

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

When has history shown this to work? I haven't seen such an example and am genuinely interested in reading up on some.

There is a scale you need to think about which involves innocent people. At the one extreme side, you don't do anything, and basically everyone stays alive - you don't solve the problem. On the other extreme side, you kill everyone in the country, and everyone is dead - you've gotten rid of the problem, but you've killed all the innocent people as well, which is morally unacceptable obviously.

Given the facts on the ground in Pakistan, don't you think that your suggestion is far closer to the second extreme than the first?

12. Chopped

Chopped Member

I've been waiting for approval for an Indian visa for a year, no information yet :-( lots of people in the same boat.

13. s land balla

Whaaat?!?! 1 year??

What is your citizenship background?

I was born in the US, only have a US passport, but my parents were both born in Pakistan (but are now both US citizens).

14. Chopped

Chopped Member

I have a pakistani passport :rolleyes: maybe thats why. ;)

15. s land balla

Did you apply for a tourist visa?

16. Chopped

Chopped Member

yes, also had notarized documents from india saying i had a place to live for my stay and some of my family was sponsoring me, but like someone said before me, its impossible to get a visa to India if you are in anyway affiliated with Pakistan.

17. s land balla

I think it makes it more difficult, but I don't think it's impossible for US citizens with ancestral ties to Pakistan to get an Indian tourist visa. At least I hope it isn't...I paid $163 for that application! :grin:

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I just gave two such examples in Japan and Germany in WW2. There are many other cases throughout history where one side nearly obliterated the other and it forced a peace on the region. I believe you are being disingenious here and know this already.

Yeah, I didn't say it was an elegant solution.

Personally, I would be in favor of a more selective move, where if a leader puts a bounty on someone's head, they immediatly become a target of an international anti-terrorist squad and a bounty is placed on their head.

Sometimes words do damage, and if people incite without any fear of what they are inciting, I think that is a problem.

DD

19. Qball

It doesn't matter what you apply as. If you have pakistani passport or if your parents do, you're out of luck. If you REALLY want to go, you're going to have to get a lawyer with some contacts to push it through.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Mathloom is always disingenuous. As I said, he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. More eloquent than some of the others, but probably more of an ideologue as well.