1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pakistan to execute Christian mother who verbally insulted Muhammed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 18, 2010.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

by hanging.... apparently the Islamic "scholars" have drafted the death sentence for blasphemy into Islamic law

what a piece of crap country

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/18/pakistan.blasphemy/index.html?hpt=C1

Itan Wali, Pakistan (CNN) -- In this village in Pakistan's Punjab province a tearful 12-year-old girl ponders if the Pakistani government will soon hang her mother.

"Whenever I see her picture I cry," Isham Masih told CNN. "I want my mother back. That's what I'm praying for."

This month a Pakistani court sentenced Isham's mother, 45-year-old Asia Bibi, to death, not because she killed, injured or stole, but simply because she said something.

Prosecutors say Bibi, who is a Christian, broke Pakistan's strict blasphemy law by insulting Islam and the prophet Muhammad, a crime punishable by death or life imprisonment according to Pakistan's penal code.

The alleged incident happened in June 2009 when Bibi, a field worker, was picking fruit in a village two hours west of Lahore. Prosecutors say when Bibi dipped her cup into a bucket of drinking water during a lunch break, her co-workers complained the water had been contaminated by a non-Muslim.

Court records show the women got into a heated argument.

Mafia Satar said she was there and heard Bibi's insults.

"She said your Muhammad had worms in his mouth before he died," Satar told CNN, a crude way of saying Muhammad was no prophet.

The town cleric, Qari Muhammad Salim, reported the incident to police who arrested Bibi. After nearly 15 months in prison came her conviction and the death sentence.

"When I heard the decision my heart ached," Bibi's husband Ashiq Masih told CNN.

Masih denies his wife ever insulted Muhammad. He said death threats forced him and his daughters, one of them disabled, to flee their village.

Neither the Koran nor the prophet Muhammad's teachings in the Hadith call for the execution of blasphemers, but Islamic scholars and jurists from generations past included the death sentence when drafting Islamic law.

Human rights groups have long blamed Pakistan's blasphemy laws for persecution and violence against religious minorities like last year's attack on a Christian village in Punjab Province and recent bombings of minority Muslim mosques.

Activists say the government has refused to amend the law for fear of backlash from Islamist groups and their followers who deem scrapping the law as un-Islamic.

At the time this report was filed, Pakistan's law minister had not responded to CNN's request for an interview.

Bibi has appealed her death sentence and asked for bail, the chief prosecutor of Punjab province told CNN.

The prosecutor, Chaudhry Muhammad Jahangir, said the appeal will be heard by the Lahore High court and a decision could be months away.

Pakistan has never executed someone convicted of blasphemy but in Bibi's village public opinion was unanimous.

"Yes, she should be hanged," a group of villagers cried out.

The town cleric, who made the initial complaint against Bibi, called her death sentence one of the happiest moments of his life.

"Tears of joy poured from my eyes," Qari Salim told CNN.

The clerics tears are in stark contrast to those shed by Bibi's daughter Isham, who wants her mother to live.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

That's a pretty harsh statement. The whole country and everyone in it is a piece of crap?

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

This should be noted.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is some debate on it however...

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Ehhhhhhh

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

**** the Muhammed of anyone who wants to kill people who say, "**** Muhammed."

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

More sickening evidence. I knew about this story from news reports, but didn't post it because if I posted all of these around the world, I could post 10 a day.

#7 AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  8. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's a damn shame Islam is being polluted by these back ass wards clerics. On a semi-related note, shouldn't Punjab be it's own country?

9. s land balla

Haha...do you mean unified with East Punjab in India? Or just the Pakistani portion?

10. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Sad and pathetic, even to a point where I don't think the real judicial system (i.e. not the village mob) in Pakistan will execute this lady. For her sake, I hope I am right.

The town cleric should probably ask "What would Muhammad do?"...
    She thought till late at midnight and finally decided how to take revenge from him. She could not sleep all night, because she was too eager to take revenge for the idols she worshiped. Even before the first ray of sunlight had entered her window, she was busy sweeping her house. She saved all the garbage in a basket, placed it on the roof of her house and proudly looked at it for a while, then with an impatient look on her face, she looked at the street that she lived on, and thought, "No one has ever seen him angry. Everybody will praise me when they will see him shouting at me and getting mad. They will laugh at him and make fun of him." She looked at the basket again and grinned.

Meanwhile, she heard footsteps, announcing the approach of the end of her waiting. "Finally my prey has arrived," she thought, as she saw a man dressed in clean, white clothes coming that way. She picked up the basket in her hands and threw all the garbage on him when he passed by. Much to the woman's disappointment, he did not say anything and continued on his way.

She did the same the following day thinking, "Maybe this time I will be able to annoy him." But he was too gentle to shout at a woman. She misinterpreted his attitude as fear and decided to repeat the same mischief everyday in order to keep him frightened, so that he might stop preaching the Oneness of God.

This gentleman whom the woman hated so much was Muhammad (pbuh), the last prophet of Allah (God) Almighty. He did not want to disappoint the woman and so continued to walk down the street everyday, instead of picking an alternate route, and prayed for the woman to recognise the Truth.

One day, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not find the woman to be on the roof of her house with the basket. This worried him, because he thought something must have happened to her for not being over there. So he knocked at the door. "Who is it?" asked a feeble voice. "Muhammad bin Abdullah," was the reply, "can I come in?" The woman feared, "I am sick, and too weak to fight or talk back, therefore Muhammad has come to take revenge for what I have been doing to him." But the permission to enter her house was in such a gentle voice that she allowed him in.

Muhammad (pbuh) entered the house and told the woman that not finding her on the roof had worried him and he thus wanted to inquire about her health. On finding out how ill she was, he gently asked if she needed any help. Hypnotised by the affectionate tone in the Holy Prophet's (pbuh) blessed voice, she forgot all fear and asked for some water. He kindly gave her some in a utensil and prayed for her health, while she quenched her thirst. This made her feel very guilty for being so cruel to him in the past and she apologised for her mean behaviour. He forgave her and came to her house everyday to clean it, to feed her and to pray for her, till she was on her feet again.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's not that the whole country is a piece of crap, but if the country wants to be respected internationally, it should stop this type of injustice from going on within its borders.

12. s land balla

Her name is quoted as "Asia Bibi".

"Bibi" means wife...so you know this village is backwards.

Sad, nevertheless.

13. s land balla

I agree.

14. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You must be a very classy guy, your parents brought you up well. Keep it up homie.

Hmmm, debate on what? When you can't back it up with a hadith or the Quran it can't hold up. It's just a silly law....

15. s land balla

My father's brother is a lawyer in the Punjab province, not too far from where this occurred. I'm going to forward this article on to my dad.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you are saying that if you could back it up with a hadith or the Quran, it would be A-OK?

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The thadeus does not need your encouragement to keep it up. He does however request your sister.

18. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Thats generally the idea behind Islamic law..i get the feeling youre trying to instigate something here, just dont know what.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

See, that's the problem with that. Because apparently these guys say you can back it up with the Quran. Apparently in some parts of the world, any kind of crap is justified because you can somehow claim it's derived from some supposedly holy book.

20. s land balla

I think he's trying to suggest that some of the controversial things mentioned directly in the Quran shouldn't be taken taken as gospel (no pun).