1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pakistan Mob Torches Christian Man's Home For Alleged Blasphemy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 9, 2013.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And that's why they don't have the AIDS problem that Zimbabwe has?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

More incest, fewer sexual partners. It's a different problem, but fewer sexual partners probably leads to less spreading of HIV, I would imagine.

I find the consanguinity figures shocking, though.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's ok because they're oppressed and misunderstood.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Those figures are shocking.

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Hidden Victims: The Plight of Pakistan's Child Incest Survivors

Rape first, incest second. Don't look at numbers from reports - a girl isnt going to report this if she wants respect in the future.

I don't know much about genetic mutations, but apparently STD's are far less prevalent between similar DNA immune systems.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You guys see the irony of AMERICANS lecturing another country about incest? lol

Re consanguinity in Pakistan, the rates in the big cities were 30-40% around 20 years ago. In the villages, really everyone is somehow related. In a village of a few thousand people who don't ever leave their village where most people have literally dozens of first cousins, I find it highly unlikely that any other culture in any era has dealt with this any differently. Prevalence of multiple wives complicates things further. They are still living an extremely tribal life.

While marrying a cousin is sickening to ME, I wouldn't stop anyone from doing it as long as they undertake appropriate tests and precautions such that their children don't end up inheriting medical problems. I don't care what people do in their own home, and I'm not about to make an exception for consaguinity that I don't make for any other type of relationship.

The real issue is that most of those girls are married by force or brutal persuasion and at a very young age before the girls have the education to make these kinds of decisions for themselves. Once those things begin appearing, consaguinity will drop rapidly I think.

Pakistan will be the cause of the next world war, if we live to see it. It is a huge mess with the components to blow up very violently.

7. SunsRocketsfan

North korea is pretty $hitty too

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

pretty much every african country?

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nope, I don't see the irony. But I do see the irony of someone from the Middle East thinking that there is irony in Americans realizing that incest runs rampant in countries like Pakistan - since the issue is a big one in the Middle East as well.

Despite all the oil money, this is true in the Middle East as well. This is why there are a lot more handicapped children in the Middle East.

I agree that this is a huge problem. Religion/ideology/culture play a big role in causing this problem.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Your apathy sickens me.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That makes it worse. The point is that anyone could make up stupid blasphemy charges against someone else and a mob will burn down that person's house.