1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paintball

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Apr 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I have recently taken up the sport/activity of paintball with several other people and friends. We play every Sunday afternoon and have been for about a month so far. Every time we get together and play there are around 14-20 of us out there. The times we go out there we just split up into to teams, go our own ways and then eventually meet up and shoot the hell out of each other. Paintball, I must admit, is fun and because of the location where we play at it is an extremely good workout. I am beginning to get bored with the style of play that we use out there though. I was wondering if any of you board members play paintball as well?

I'm looking for some suggestions on what type of games we could play. So far only one person has come up with a good one and it's called "The Terminator." It is played like this: two people get together, one is the protector and the other is the one being protected. The protector and protected tie a bandana around their arms which is the target the rest of the people after them must aim at to kill/disqualify them. They must start at a certain point and get to a designated location without getting shot in the target.

We haven't tried that game yet, mainly because two people haven't accepted the needed positions. We have heard of "Capture the Flag" but we're not quite sure how to play it. Do any of you guys know? How about any other types of games dealing with paintball? I enjoy our current games but I'm looking for something with a little more competition. Any smart and logical suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Paintball is a lot of fun, but getting shot in the nuts is easily the most excruciating pain I've ever felt.

3. Chump

Chump Member

4. Chump

Chump Member

oh hell yes, all it took was once to learn that I needed to wear a cup everytime out

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

You don't know how to play capture the flag??? It is easy. You take two flags (or bandana's since you seem to have those available). Tie them in 2 trees on opposite ends of the playing area. Split into two teams. The object is for each team to get the opponents flag back to their flag without getting shot. If someone that posesses the flag gets shot it(the flag) is automatically returned to the base from which it came. There are several variations on people that get shot. The first is that if you are shot you have to give the flag back and then return to your base before you can move out again. Or you make them mandatory prisoners and they have to go to the opponents base. To be releases they have to be rescued by a teammate(basically the teammate has to tag them). Once tagged they get a free trip back to their base wherein they can commence to playing. One thing I forgot is that we sometimes seperate the field into 2 sections, and play both variations at once. If you are across the center line in your opponents territory you are taken captive if shot. If you are in your own territory then you have to go back to your base to reset.

As for other games I am not sure. I know that someone here plays competetive paintball(I think it is VoiceofReason). they may know some better games than that.

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I have played paintball a few times, capture the flag is pretty simple you place two objects which is your "flag" (doesnt have to be a flag) one on each side of the field your playing on, you split up into teams and those teams have to protect their flags from getting stolen and taken back to the opponents side. So what most people do is have a few go after the flag while others stay and protect the flag. If your opponent does get your flag you should shoot him right away because if you shoot him before he gets to the other side he has to return the flag.

I also played a game called protect the fort, the place i played at had these wall things setup and chose people who had to stay in these forts that had openings in them to shoot from, everyone else trys to take the fort over by shooting everyone that is protecting the fort. I think one of the rules was the people protecting the fort had to stay in it, they couldnt leave to shoot people or be on the outside to shoot people either.

Hope that gave you what you were looking for.

7. Lil Pun

Have not had the pleasure...yet. :cool:

The worst so far to me was getting shot in the hand. Especially after we upgraded our balls from cheap to expensive and it seems like the more expensive your balls the harder they hit.

#7 Lil Pun, Apr 20, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe, I'll have to upgrade my balls and see if my wife notices any difference ;)

9. Lil Pun

More questions:

What is the advantage of a nitrous tank over a CO2 tank?

What is the advantage of an electric gun over a non-electric gun?

Anybody have a website that shows how to put a Spyder Victor I back together? My cousin took mine apart and cannot get the damn thing together again! :mad:

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

CO2 tanks change in pressure with the temperature outside; as it gets hotter outside, the gas in the tank expands making the gun shoot at a higher feet/second. You DON'T want your gun to shoot at the fastest feet/second possible. Any field you play at will make you keep it under 300 feet/second. Varying pressures also affect the accuracy of your gun. Nitrous tanks don't fluctuate so much due to temperature.

Electric guns shoot faster then semi-automatics. Electric markers allow you to hold down the trigger and shoot continually without having to pull the trigger each time.

11. Lil Pun

So people pay up to 5 times more for Nitrous tanks than CO2 tanks for this, why bother?

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't remember if they're more gas efficient or not, but to me it's not worth it either. In all honesty, I wouldn't bother with the electric gun either. It seems Voice of Reason was really big into paintball. If he pops in he could answer your questions better than I can.

Google Spyder, they should have the specs of the gun on their website.

13. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Voice of Reason definitely plays competitively, find a post of his and send him an email, think he might have a link to his paintball page in his signature

14. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Voice of Reason's home page:

http://www.hanta-force.com/

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Another way to play capture the flag is to put a single flag in the middle of the playing field between the two bases. There are three basic ways to win capture the flag. First, you can simply have to just grab the flag to win. If you want it to be a bit harder, you can play where you have to get the flag back to your base. The hardest way to play is to have to get the flag to the other team's base, which pretty much forces you to eliminate the other team as well as control the flag.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I played a couple of times with about 20 people when I was living in the Alps. We generally played a deathmatch kind of game. So the object was to shoot all the opposing team members until there were none left. I had a great time, until I got hit on my pinky nail....that was a lot of pain. The ball smashed my nail against the metal of the handle and my nail immediatly turned blue. It wasn't so bad at first, I kept playing until that thing started to swell. The nail was all blue and purple and began to rise. It eventually came off like a week or two later.....

17. Lil Pun