1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

He mentioned his therapy and all. I should have said rest instead of sleep.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

At least we got CP3. Now... if we go in with the lineup we have now and have a 45 win season and get swept out of the first round then it'll all be for nothing if CP3 says **** this and bolts or demands a trade.

It's not looking good so far. :(

3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

and no first or 2nd round pick next year.. thx DARYL MORON

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

How is not looking good? We've landed a top 10 player, another superstar finally. We are a better team now than when the season ended.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If you flipping idiots think keeping the exact same starting lineup and majority of team from last except for upgrading Bev to cp3 is gonna make us worse your on crack cocaine, Nevermind the flakka smoking 45 win predictors.

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

No **** man. People acting like we lost half our roster. We were hella good last year and now we have a top 10 player in CP3 to replace Bev. Bev was one of my favorite players, but if you asked me 2 years ago or today, if I could get CP3 for Bev and a 1st rounder and bench warmers I'd be ecstatic. Bunch of baby ass whiners on here.

7. MystikArkitect

The. Rockets. Got. The. Best. Player. In. Free. Agency.

Holy. ****.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

This is why people say our fans suck. Whine and complain about everything. We literally got the Best PG in the league. and we have people whining. ITs toxic here man.

9. hakeemthagreat

Again, your boxscore stat assessment is comedy. Yes CP3 is a better overall player than Bev, but to assume things will automatically fall into place is laughable. Teams like Minnesota and OKC have got better and could potentially be better than we are. CP3 isn't enough to declare us 3rd best in the west. We still got HUGE gaps on our roster that haven't been addressed

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

We are the third best team in the west if not second as is and we are far from done dealing. Okc don't scare me at all as long as WB is bricking. Neither minny who's been trying to make the playoffs for the last 15 years and at best they can climb back in standing but won't be a true contender at least for this year.

lionaire and Ming The King like this.
  11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

No one can assume anything about what will actually transpire next year. But there are current projections we can work off of.

We were slated to improve by 5 wins over last years team. Do you think okc improves more that 13 wins over their last years roster? Or minny improves 30 wins? Bc that's around the ball park of how much they'd have to improve to be seeded over us next year.

Patience and BigMaloe like this.
  12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Don't care to argue how good we will be, but the "far from done dealing".....there really isn't much for us to do. Yes we will add players to shape the roster, but none will change the perception whatever that may be. We're not getting anyone big. People like Shumpert aren't going to move the needle for us....just saying

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Fixed it for you since your a blind imbecile.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Guys don't forget we are adding Joe Chee.

J.R. likes this.
  15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Losing Nene hurts a lot. We need him back ASAP. Teams are trying to take him away from us. They know how good he is. They also know it kills our depth and makes us weaker. They're trying to get better and kill the competition.

This does blow. We need to replace Lou (or Ennis and Brewer), Dekker, Montrezl, and Nene. That's who we lost this off-season. I thought it was going to be easy, but I guess we don't have enough money. Good players like CJ Miles don't want the MLE. They want to get paid 4 years 45 million. We don't have that type of cash laying around. Morey didn't mess up, but I think he underestimated how much money free agents would want. Amir Johnson took a one year $11 contract. We don't have that.

How are we supposed to get one player better than Dekker with just the MLE (8 million) let alone find 4 bench players to fix our depth? I'm sorry. I'm panicking.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

Reports have been saying "we're not done dealing" for about 3-4 days now. Meanwhile, other teams have been signing ppl left and right. The clock is ticking and I hope Morey has more up his sleeve
    I don't care about what your projection shows. Looking at our roster, I don't know if we're going to be better. Is Nene coming back? Who is our backup PF behind Anderson. Who is Ariza's backup? You guys are focusing on CP3 and ignoring everything else on the roster we don't have yet. There is no guarantee we'll be top 3 next year

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Well, actually

[​IMG]

Fullcourt, Fyreball and justtxyank like this.
  18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

They aren't my projections. That's according to the analysts that know a whole lot more than you or me. You and I can only guess which you're clearly doing based off an emotional freak out. You still haven't answered the question. We're projected to be at or around 60 wins next season. Do you think OKC with the addition of PG13 (knowing he doesn't want to be there and knowing Russ + KD didn't work out) is going to do better than 60 wins? Do you think Minnesota goes from a 31 win team to a 61 win team with the addition of Butler and Teague (and the improvement of Wiggins and KAT)? Because really that's what it comes down to what you're arguing.

19. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Morey always surprised us, I'm sure front office acknowledges this year is crucial in order for us to be able to keep paul and harden next year, therefore they have to make big deals and improve forward. Problem is andersons contract is holding us back but I'm sure will find away to move him.

20. TAB

TAB Member

Not cool bro.