1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ask and ye shall receive.

2. htownballa1622

I love Codman's posts. I wish him well on his treatment.

He's fighting a battle and still has time to dish out what he hears. Props to him!

3. delishman

delishman Member

The GANG is getting BACK together. Keep CALM & PLOW on.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Man getting cousins would be the ultimate dream we would have the 3rd best team in the league and would have a legit chance to beat the Warriors and Cavs imo.

Boogie/Anderson/?/harden/Gordon

that team would be so lethal on offense and would be the ultimate mismatch against both the Warriors and Cavs. Their both really small cousins and harden would eat them alive running MDA pick and roll/pop with Anderson and Gordon spotting up for open threes.

My mind is doing back flips thinking about that team. Between harden and cousins you have two guys who are top 5 talents and can do it all from inside to outside and both can pass and find the open shooters. There the perfect combo for each to go together.

Cousins is a very good/underrated defender when engaged. Man that's my dream team the more I think about it the more I think they can beat the Warriors.

5. jamesdelia

jamesdelia Member

Even if we get boogie.. which i highly doubt. for what we would have to give up i doubt we beat golden state 4 times before they beat us any time soon.

6. alethios

alethios Member

Boogie is a good get, but he's also the main guy on the Kings. Can he step into the #2 spot behind Harden?

Don't know how legit this writer is - it seems like the trade rumors are his own speculation, but he's suggesting that Houston would not give up Ariza in a trade for Cousins, but rather a combination of Capela, Brewer, McDaniels and Dekker.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/14657...ockets-want-demarcus-cousins-clint-capela.htm

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

There's no way we'd get Cousins for just that.

8. jamesdelia

jamesdelia Member

would take at LEAST ariza and capela, who knows what else Vlade would demand. probably harden knowing him

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dekker and Capela highlight that package. Plus you can still bet on McDaniels stepping up. He's still young and seems to have a good work ethic and they get vet leadership with Brewer. I think it could work. There have been way more lopsided trades than this.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dekker and Capela highlight that package. Plus you can still bet on McDaniels stepping up. He's still young and seems to have a good work ethic and they get vet leadership with Brewer. I think it could work. There have been way more lopsided trades than this.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Thanks ROXTXIA, that helps a lot! Great idea for starting this thread.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You're welcome on the first part, but I made the thread because, I think, craguin requested it.

13. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Rockets do have enough to get Cousins if more teams are involved in the trade.

14. basketballholic

..........and he wants to come here.

Not very many teams are going to be willing to sell out for Cousins without knowing whether or not he wants to be there.

15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You are SEVERELY underestimating the Warriors. Draymond/KD at the 4/5 and cousins is totally useless on defense, and there's no way cousins could score on draymond more than KD could score on Ryan ****ing Anderson lol.

If the Warriors operate at even 75%, they will be the best team ever. I thought a doubt in my mind.

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

He does? Am I missing something?

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sparknotes version.

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Draymond and KD guarding cousins down low?? Your joking right.

Did you not watch Steven Adams and triston Thompson beat the Warriors up on the boards and they still had bogut at the time. Cousins would feast on offense against them.

I think they can beat the Warriors with that team but if you read the whole thing you would see I still said the Warriors and Cavs would be the best teams with the rockets 3rd.

But according to you I guess the rockets and every other team with a star player in there prime should just trade there franchise player and go full blown tank. Not point in competing and trying to catch the Warriors.

Loser mentality man I don't think like that.

19. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Well, we have a 20% chance of correctly interpreting a prediction that has a 20% chance of coming true. Praise Jesus!!!

1 person likes this.
  20. Garner

Garner Member

It's a poo poo platter and you know it.