1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Carlos Rogers, Mr. Rogers, Please report to the scorers' table, Mr. Rogers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nyrocket, Feb 17, 2001.

1. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Do he and Cato share the same doctor?

------------------

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think the whole team shares a doctor

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

How about a deal like this.

Carlos and Wizard to Detriot for Junkyard Dog and Buchler?

The trade works. It helps out Houston ALOT.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

4. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

I'm not shocked, dude, just annoyed. I think that he is a phenominally talented player with all the heart of, umm, whoever that guy in the Wizard Of Oz was without a heart. I love the guy's game, and I think that he has a great role on the team if he ever gets his ass off the bench to do anything other than dance to the time-out music.

------------------

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is not his heart...Rogers has the BIGGEST heart on the Rockets...

Carlos is just an unlucky player....some people are like that....now Cato is another matter all together.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from monkeys and apes, then why are there still monkeys and apes?

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Carlos seems like a pretty nice guy but he has had controversy in his past. He has been labeled lazy (well, having a poor work ethic) and as having a bad attitude before. We've just happened to see him in a limited capacity and he has been somewhat successful at times.

His injury problems have, in the past, been attributed to his lack of willingness to work out regularly. We may see him as having "heart" on the floor but it is more likely just a guy trying to get a foothold in the rotation.

I like him as a person. From everything I've read, he seems like a very nice guy and someone who has had a really tough time of it. I really wish nothing but the best for him but we haven't seen enough of him to proclaim him as having the most heart on the team or being worthy of anything but a spot on the bench.

------------------
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Jeff,

I have never heard that his injuries are from a lack of conditioning.

I have heard the stories of all his hard luck, and what a quality guy he is....Carlos reminds me a Chucky Brown, not flashy but just gets it done.

I would love to see him in there hustling and playing every night, but he is not one of our top 9 players.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from monkeys and apes, then why are there still monkeys and apes?

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Is Rogers actually hurt? I thought Rudy just wasn't playing him.

------------------
    "My hair's too long and you can't pronounce my name
    My favorite songs, everybody says are lame"

9. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

And this is a guy that some of you think is supposed to be better than Marcus Camby?
    Carlos is a SCRUB! Just like Cato!

------------------

10. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Listen, I think both Los and Cato are talented players and have a possibly important role on this team. They both have plenty of the P word, and we could definitely use each's inside presence. I (as has any fan) have seen them be very, very impressive at stretches.

But what the hell? Can they play or not? I'd rather have Bryce Drew on the squad than Sam Bowie.

------------------

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would like to reiterate the fact of Rogers heart. nycrocket said he has no heart, and that is a huge lie. Carlos is talented and he may be lazy but this guy has gone through some much. His brother grama, a friend or 2 and i believe someone else has died in like 5 years, and he keeps playing. That is heart.

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

12. ROCKET RICH NYC

I'm not questioning his heart. I'm sure he's been through a lot. We all have our problems. But the bottom line is that all the heart in the world dont make you a smart/good player. All the heart in the world won't give me a NBA contract. Does he have game? Sometimes he does. Most of the time he's a scrub.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKET RICH NYC (edited February 17, 2001).]

13. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I thought heart trouble was common in the Rogers household. Every ailment on the planet is common in the Rogers household.

Trade him! No fatalities on 'our watch'. I don't want the team to be ruined over a 10th man.

------------------
    Good night everyone, Canadian or American. Just remember that we're all bound together by basketball, the internet and the mullet.

(My attempts at trying to sooth over an international incident).

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Why should ANYONE be shocked that Rogers has missed a bunch of games? He has never been able to make it though more than 3/4th's of a season at the most. He spends more time on the IR than he does on the floor.

------------------
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

15. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

That "Scrub" grabbed 6 boards in 15 minutes of duty.

He is not even in shape yet either.

Also added two points(he fumbled the ball a couple times, but more because the pass was too far ahead of him, than his actually messing it up), and two assists.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

16. ROCKET RICH NYC

When? Not tonight? I thought he was on the Injured list? He's still a scrub! He needs to do well every night and not against a team like the Clippers or Nets.

Here's some numbers for those who still think Carlos Rogers is BETTER than Marcus Camby.

Scrub Rogers
    Rebounds 3.8 a game
    Blocks 1.83
    FT% 62

Marcus Camby
    Rebounds 11.1(#8 in the NBA)
    Blocks 2.26(#8 in the NBA)
    FT% 65
    Camby is also #3 in the NBA in FG% at 50.8%

[This message has been edited by ROCKET RICH NYC (edited February 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ROCKET RICH NYC (edited February 18, 2001).]

17. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Rocket Rich, vj23K was referring Cato's game last night. He showed signs of game with those rebounds (especially the offensive ones). We know Carlos is hurt, but he is not on the injured list either.

------------------
    Stevierebel

18. silent j

silent j Member

Carlos isn't hurt, he's had bronchitis for the last week or so.
    j

------------------
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

19. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Yes i was speaking of CAto's Game.

But 'Los can be productive, if he were healthy.

He has even had a couple great games this year.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion