1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging BimaThug

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketjunkie, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Space City

Space City Member

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Come on man this taking your joking too far.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Here's my rough estimate:

22.4 - Dwight
    15.7 - Harden
    12.4 - Lawson
    8.2 - Ariza
    8.2 - Brewer
    6.5 - Beverley
    3.4 - McDaniels
    2.5 - TJones
    2.3 - DMo
    1.6 - Dekker
    1.3 - Capela
    1.2 - Thornton

TOTAL: $85.7
    TAX LEVEL: $84.7
    APRON: $88.7

My rounding could be throwing the total above off by a million, but no more.

In summary, the apron is a real issue for us this year. We're about to find out how much we like Harrell and/or Williams. My guess is Morey opts for flexibility and signs them both to 2 year deals.

4. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Thornton should only count like less than a Million due to the league paying the rest of his salary, like they do with all vets who take minimum.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's not a joke. Ty Lawson's issues are serious. 4 DUI citations. Who knows how many other times he's driven while under the influence without getting caught.

If we hear that Ty Lawson got involved in a serious car crash, it will be sad, but will anyone of us say it's totally unexpected?

6. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

This part is so true, its in the hundreds of times, I promise. People drive drunk all the time and don't get caught. I promising he is going out and having a good time at least 4+ times a week and most the times he is driving home drunk.

2.5 (times he drives home drunk) * 52 (weeks) * 5 (years) = 650

I calculate that Ty has probably has driven home drunk 650 times in the last 5 years. :eek:

Conclusion: get a entourage like Harden :grin:

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

or an uber account.

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Oh, my god!

9. malakas

malakas Member

I know that most of this post is a joke but its absolutely naive of some here thinking that someone happened to get caught BOTH times he happened to drive drunk and got his DUI.
    He was likely driving drunk a LOT of times especially if you consider the missed practice after the ASW because of the partying and the coach having to cancel morning shootarounds for good to avoid hangover players.

And Denver like every single nba team provides its players with drivers if they want/need. Lawson was the one who refused to use them.

10. micah1j

micah1j Member

#33 pick Jordan Mickey for 5m over 4 years. Harrell will be wanting that kind of deal. Williams should be easily had with a 2 year minimum deal. The issue is Terry or Hayes, those guys minimums are 1.5m. It seems very hard to fit 1 in let alone both.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If the Rockets give Hayes and Jet minimum salary contracts then the Rockets will be 83,800 dollars short of the Apron. :(

The significance of that is that they can not offer Montrezl anything more than the $525,093 minimum with a max of 2 years. The significance of that is that teams can offer him a contract using the "Gilbert Arenas" provision at the end of his contract. The Gilbert Arenas provision which is sometimes mistakenly referred to as the poison pill would allow teams to offer him a contract similar to the one the Rockets offered Asik and Lin in 2012.

1 person likes this.
  12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dude, stop with this BS. Who the hell speculates about these types of things? You can be an odd person.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Conversely, no matter what we do right now, we can't offer Montrezl anything from the remaining MLE without triggering the Hard Cap, which means no more exceptions (like minimum contracts) are allowed, without exception (pun intended). Triggering the Hard Cap in order to give Montrezl part of the MLE (thus a third yr), means we'd have to juggle money to give out minimum contracts to everyone we want to. (See today's clutch/bima podcast for specific numbers).

btw: kudos for pointing out that the Gilbert Arenas provision is mistakenly called the poison pill, which is a different provision.

14. malakas

malakas Member

thanx for explaining in detail.
    I'm not worried about Harrell in that regard. He will either play in the Dleague or get burried in the bench. KJ was showcased in the 76ers. Harell wont have the same opportunity here.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

The numbers don't add up. Either there's another big move or not all of these guys are going to be Rockets.

Montrezl was supposed to be a 1st round pick, and now you're going to ask him to take a rookie minimum deal?? Don't see it, and I don't think that sets a good precedence for the future.

16. micah1j

micah1j Member

Feigan is reporting Hayes is near a deal and an offer has been made to Terry. Looks like Wood and Williams are the 16th and 17th guys. Someone on reddit is saying Thornton is unguaranteed but I don't believe that.

17. crash5179

Yep, I was really wanting to get that 3rd year on Montrezl's contract to get his full Bird rights avoid avoid the possibility of teams using the Gilbert Arenas provision to steal him.

At least we will have early bird rights so we should be able to offer him more than any other team in the league on the 1st season of his next contract without using the MLE. 104% of the league average salary which is the amount of the MLE. No other team will be able to offer more than the value of the MLE.

18. crash5179

What Harrell wants and what the Rockets can offer might be two different things. If the Rockets sign Terry and Hayes they absolutely can not offer Harrell more than the minimum salary contract for a max of 2 years.

19. micah1j

micah1j Member

You sure they can't do Hayes & Terry at minimums first then use MLE on Harrell and impose the hard cap?

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't believe it either (Thornton)

Are Hayes and Terry really worth forcing Harrell into a rookie minimum deal? I don't see it, and even if that's your plan, there's no need to do it right now.

Something else is going on, and it has to be related to our front court.

DMo / TJones / Harrell
    Dwight / Capela / Hayes

Too many dudes.