1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacman Jones has got to be the dumbest mfer on this side of the solar system

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by macalu, May 11, 2007.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

link

Goodell aware of Jones' pre-hearing visit to club
    By Chris Mortensen
    ESPN.com

On the eve of his appeal to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Adam "Pacman" Jones probably should avoid what he did the last time he was in New York for the meeting that led to his one-year suspension.

Jones went to a strip club, sources close to the league, the NFL Players Association and Jones have confirmed.

The night before his April 3 meeting with Goodell to talk about his off-field conduct, Jones made a late-night trip to an adult New York club. Jones was spotted inside the club shortly after he had a face-to-face meeting with two leading veteran players, Takeo Spikes and Troy Vincent, who traveled to New York to urge Jones to clean up his act.

When Goodell and Jones met the next day, the commissioner already was made aware of Jones' late-night excursion because security from the strip club tipped off NFL security.

Rather than directly confront Jones, the commissioner gave him a test, sources said.

According to these sources, Goodell asked Jones what he was doing to help himself to change his lifestyle. Jones gave a lot of the right answers, such as volunteering that he was going to avoid the nightclub scene.

The commissioner asked him if the self-imposed ban included strip clubs. Jones said yes.

Goodell then asked Jones the last time he had visited a strip club.

Jones became a bit fidgety, perhaps suspicious that the commissioner was on to him, before he answered, "A day ago," sources said.

Technically, Jones told the truth, even though his actual timeline was less than 24 hours by the moment he met with Goodell.

Nobody but Goodell knows for sure how it factored in his decision to suspend Jones for the 2007 season.

Friday's appeal will be a more formal hearing in which Jones' legal representatives will present a list of 283 NFL players who have had off-field issues or encounters without being suspended for an entire season. In other words, they will attempt to show there was no recent precedent for Goodell's harsh decision.

The problem for Jones is that his case is appealed to the commissioner -- the same person who made the decision to suspend him for the 2007 season for conduct detrimental to the league on numerous occasions. Jones' off-field conduct has included 10 incidents for which he was interviewed by police; the most recent took place in a Las Vegas strip club during NBA All-Star Weekend.

Even with a spirit of cooperation between the NFLPA and Goodell on the issue of player conduct, the goal of having the new policy drafted into the collective bargaining agreement hit a wall.

Gene Upshaw, executive dirtector of the NFLPA, refused to adopt the new conduct policy into the CBA unless suspensions of one year or longer could be appealed to an independent arbitrator. The commissioner refused, citing the proposal as a last-minute ambush by the union, sources said.

Goodell certainly will cite that his suspension of Jones includes the ability for Jones to be reinstated after the 10th game if he stays out of trouble and is cleared of pending cases in Las Vegas and Atlanta.

If Goodell lets his original decision stand, there are legal scholars -- some of whom have lofty positions in other professional sports leagues -- who believe Jones might have a case if he seeks a remedy through federal courts.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

-----------------------

I bet he's glad he doesn't live in Houston.

#1 macalu, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  2. Brad

Brad Member

At least he or his posse didn't shoot or assault someone this time.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It sounds like this guy is seriously addicted to strip clubs.

What is it with strip clubs? Honestly, I just don't see the appeal of paying a bunch of man-hating skanks to give you blue balls.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

exactly i have known a few here and there and even dated a couple. and a lot of them really really dont like guys to much.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

What are you, 12? You know exactly what happens :D

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

my wife gives me better lap dances.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

They don't give you blue balls if you pay them enough. Most strippers are prostitutes and will finish you off. Take a black light into Treasures and you'll see.

8. Smokey

I don't understand why married guys would go to strip clubs. The real life Al Bundys should get divorces.

9. ima_drummer2k

Oh, I'm aware of that. I'd just rather get finished off at home for FREE by a non-prostitute who doesn't hate me and doesn't have siicone leaking from her t*** or lobsters living in her pubic hair.

10. macalu

i would think it makes more sense that married guys go than single ones. Married guys need to get away sometimes from the same old thing. Single guys have options. really, unless you're totally socially inept, if you're single you shouldn't be wasting time or money at the nudie bar.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Well I can certainly understand the urge or desire to go. We're all horndogs afterall :D

For my part, even though my wife is cool with me going, I am happy with the entertainment at home. Besides, every 30 bux spent on a lapdance means one less used videogame for me.

12. Smokey

To me the opposite makes sense. If you're married, you're in a commitment with your spouse (if you're tired...get a divorce). If you're single, you're free.

The only people who shouldn't go to clubs are single guys who can score 8s, 9s, and 10s with ease...cause I would think that's what most guys are paying for at the clubs (the fantasy of what they can't get in real life).

13. macalu

true dat. but the irony of paying for that fantasy is apparent when the lights turn on. :D

14. ima_drummer2k

Yes, and depending on what part of town you're in, you may be in for a BIG "surprise" once those lights come on.

Savvy?

And, no, I'm not speaking from personal experience. :p

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

NFL Player's Association is such a joke
    they are by far the weakest . . they are spineless
    and pathetic . . ..

I am directing my son to baseball and basketball

Rocket River

16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

me too

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

this isn't attractive because why?

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

he's a complete dumba$$ but i don't understand why the strip club is an issue. as long as he didn't perform any illegal activities in there.

19. WWR

WWR Member

I also don't understand the deal with the strip clubs.

I frown upon people that are not single and go into them.

They're a waste of money.....especially when someone like Pacman Jones who could go get some leg from a plethora of women, for free! :eek:

20. macalu

i don't think going to the strip club is the problem. but when you just got reprimanded from being in a strip club in which you were involved in an altercation that was deemed a "year's worth" suspension, i think the last thing you want to do is go back to such a place.

sort of like getting busted doing drugs in a crack house, then going in front of the judge and telling him, "Your honor, yes, I was in the crack house again last night but I didn't do any drugs." that'll sit real well with him, don't you think?