1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacers acquire Jeff Teague; George Hill to Utah in 3-team trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 22, 2016.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Would be ironic if the Rockets traded something of value for the 12th pick. Ariza seems the most likely, but probably have to throw in another sweetener like Dekker or KJ. Can only imagine the backlash where we gave up our starting SF, and one of our young prospects for a pick we gave up for one playoff win, and 4 embarrassing losses.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd say yes.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Back to Hawks: Sources say they'll now try to trade their two first-rounders (one from the Teague deal) to make re-signing Al Horford easier</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/745699492494614528">June 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Why the hell would you trade Ariza for the 12th. Ariza could be a niece trade piece for a better player. Who cares about the 12th pick

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I like Ariza, but I would make this trade (Ariza and either Decker or KJ... heck, both if needed). Time to rebuild.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

btw, Teague was a target... guess that takes another possibility off the table.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good thing we made playoffs!

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Amazing to think that at this point we could've had the 12th and 18th or 19th pick with the chance to easily get another lottery range pick...

But on the other hand, i think this is a good situation for us, a lot of teams seems like they're looking to give away picks, and we have players to dump in order to free more salary space.

9. pacertom

pacertom Member

As a Pacers fan I think we got a good deal, if Teague's knee is healthy.

Lesser defender, but two years younger and much more of a pure PG.

10. malakas

malakas Member

21th for Bev is also a possibility. They lack a backup pg.

Not sure how I would like Ariza for the 12th. But this is because I really don't find this draft interesting at all. Not like Ariza would be able to get a higher pick.
    The only possible for higher would be Sacramento..but probably Bev would have to be packaged as well.

Bev+Ariza for 8th? I dont' see any world shaking talent available at 8th..

11. malakas

malakas Member

I dont' see Teague being a purer playmaker than Hill. It's not that Hill is not a pure PG if the situation needs it, it's that he's one of a handful of pg who can take a backseat if the situations asks for it. Teague will not.

Will PG13 be more happy with Teague than with Hill?

12. pacertom

pacertom Member

The Pacers 2015-16 season improved greatly when they inserted Monta into the starting lineup and bumped Hill to SG. I loved George Hill's D, but he could not push the tempo and was never a great passer. So yes, I think Teague fits in a lot better with Paul George in terms of getting him early offense, and Monta is getting a bit old to start at PG, besides being mediocre on D.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Please Morey, find a way to move up high enough to select Domantas Sabonis!

14. malakas

malakas Member

Hill was able to hide Ellis in defence. Teague on the other hand isn't a great defender. You can say he's average at best. As much as Ellis seems to have improved he's still Monta. If you expect him to play D...
    Not sure what Bird is planning here but ok. Let's see what happens with your frontcourt now.

15. Asian Sensation

Noooooo I wanted Teague! Extra salty we made the playoffs now.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i actually think we end up keeping beverley. MDA praised his shooting ability and defense. consider his contract in comparison to what other backup PGs will make this summer and he actually becomes good value and a good fit.

ariza IMO isn't a great fit. not a great shooter, not an elite defender anymore. most importantly, isn't a playmaker at all. starting him with bev puts us at a disadvantage on the perimeter since neither one of them can create anything off the dribble or pass. this leads to james having to do too much.

i would do ariza + sweetener for a late lotto pick. i dont think 8-10 is really possible, but he'd be a good fit at 11 for orlando and 12 in atlanta.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Minus giving up Dekker, or KJ, I would still agree to this trade. It would be the right move to make. If we could move Ariza, Brewer (dear God please), and Beverley even this would be the right direction to take assuming we are missing out on Durant, Horford, and Conley.

Doesn't mean I think the team should tank or shouldn't be in the playoffs as a low seed, but I do think they need to retool around Harden with some players that can play now and have a chance to make a leap forward. Ariza, Brewer, and Bev aren't taking this team anywhere as primary rotation players.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The 76ers were involved in trade discussions for both George Hill and Jeff Teague up until the very last minute. In the market for vet PG.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) <a href="https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/745701323740446720">June 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Can the Rockets acquire Stuckey?

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Dear God! Please NO! Ellis is (yet) another volume shooter who plays no defense. He and Harden would be forever fighting over who gets the basketball and he does nothing to address the (now) gaping holes the Rockets have at the PF & C positions.