1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pablo Prigioni deserves more minutes over Jason Terry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, May 19, 2015.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

In fact I would even start him right now. He was a +20 in 20 minutes in Game 7 vs the Clippers and a +10 in 15 minutes in Game 1 tonight. He had an assist/turnover ratio of infinity in both games (4 assists, 0 turnovers in both)

If Terry can't make his threes, I'd rather have Prigioni out there facilitating the offense. McHale did a great job in Game 6 going with the hot rotation, but didn't follow that philosophy as well today.

2. newAge_Rockets

Yeah if Terry doesn't have his shot falling early, I'd go with Prigioni. I thought he should be played a little more tonight when the offense was getting stagnant.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

terry is useless if he cant make his shots. he's been on a 3 game slump. id rather give more minutes to whoever is playing better.

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

**** yeah, i think he should start.

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Jet over-celebrating that 3 and then promptly getting lost on a screen to give Curry a wide open answer really annoyed me. Love him, but ugh.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah that was embarrassing. I would've permabenched him after that if I were McHale.

8. SemisolidSnake

I'll just copy and paste my response just now from the "The Warriors point guards scored 52 points" thread to save time.

"Don't bring Prigioni into this. He doesn't look to score first. Terry's ONLY job is to knock down long shots, and he's been miserable at that lately.

Prigioni led the team with +/- of +10 this game. Terry was the worst on our team with a -8. Terry plays roughly twice as many minutes as Prigs. This is consistently how the box score looks at the end of our games. Switch their minutes, and you'll see dramatic improvement." ​

9. Rocketsnbeyond

He can't keep up with the quick guards. If he can't shoot the shots he needs to focus on the defense side even though that is hard at his age. I love seeing Pablo's energy in the game. The game just runs better when he is out there.

10. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I think Jet almost had a good game tonight. He just missed a couple shots he should have made. But . . .

Patrick Beverley #12 is what we need right now! Can he demand the pin be taken out of his wrist ASAP!?!?! Or can he play with it?

11. Man

Man Contributing Member

It's difficult to chase Curry and try to fight through multiple screens (that happen to be moving). Our best bet is probably Brewer with a lot of showing from our bigs.

12. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

McHale needs to start Prigioni and bring Terry off the bench for a spark and decide in-game which guy has the hot hand. Prigs just does all the fundamental things we need and takes care of the ball. The team had 15 turnovers tonight. They've got to keep to under 10 to win games.

13. beardsanity713

nick johson!!!!! i know its a lil late in the season but the guy hit a game winner for us this year & could possibly chase curry off those screens
    he a superior athlete to terry & prigs & is way quicker

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Next year for NJ. It's not his time.

15. ibm

ibm Member

idk about prigs taking over the starting job, because that could be one step too far for the psychology of the team. but the way it's been lately, i'd at least give terry and prigs equal minutes if not more playing time to prigs.

16. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

You have to wonder if Jet's shot would be better with fresher legs from fewer minutes.

PP's bringing a lot of good.

17. KlutchQT

I'm sure. In a perfect world, he would've been kept fresh down the stretch of regular season and been well-rested and spry to come in and hit big shots in limited minutes. Best-laid plans....

18. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

What I wouldn't give for Golden State's health this year.

Aunts and gonads and such.

19. KlutchQT

Man, they have had some REALLY good fortune this season. No real injuries to key players, yet every team they've drawn has had key players injured and/or in and out of the lineup all series. Morey was spot on when he said winning a championship takes talent and a whole lot of luck.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Prigioni plays better defense so play him when Curry plays. Terry's only purpose is to hit 3s, but if he's not doing that, he's not going to be effective. Terry should come with the 2nd unit.

Terry played great defense against Paul in the game 6 comeback, but we all know he doesn't have the legs to do it for a full game.