1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

P90X

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by <3myrockets, Dec 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Matador

Matador Member

The only exercises I could complete is the run and maybe the squats. No way I'm busting out 100 straight chinups or 200 straight pushups!

2. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

i did the P90X program for about a month and honestly it was the most cut I had been since college when i was lifting close to 300 lbs... but it was honestly the hardest workout i had ever done especially abripper X that work out is simply outrageous but it works and is worth the try if you are determined and can take a little bit of pain

3. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

i can't imagine doing 100 push ups and 200 chin ups or whatever in one sitting. you guys are either pretty light or really strong. props either way because that's some crazy endurance. by the way i'm done grabbing the torrent so i'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The chin ups seem really excessive. Most people I see at the gym can barely do 10-15 in a row. I can at most do 35 in a row. And about 105 in about 10 minutes, but I would be thoroughly exhausted. I usually leave that for the very end of the workout before I leave.

I can't really see anyone doing 200 in that amount of time unless you are already have alot of prior training. The push-ups are a bit easier though.

What time frame is this all done in?

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

1 mile...easily
    200 push ups...moderately easy
    100 chin ups...very hard
    300 squats...get the **** out of here, i quit.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, what's the time frame? I was under the impression that you could do it in sets of 10 or 20 with the usual 30-60 second rest in between. If we're talking non-stop, that's near impossible.

7. droxford

droxford Member

I agree. Today, I did four sets of four (with a couple extra thrown in here and there) for a total of about 20. They were overhand chinups though (if that makes any difference). They were also the last exercise of the day for me, so maybe my arms were a bit tired. I dunno.... 100 sounds pretty impossible to me right now.

8. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

There is no time frame. You want to do it as fast as you can to beat your previous times. I did the mini version of this workout since I'm just starting out, but still got really wore out. You had to run the mile first and last. You could work the 100 chin ups, 300 squats and 200 push ups any way you wanted (i.e...as many sets as it takes you to get to the total). Like I said, each time I go to a class, it wears you the hell out, plus its like having a personal trainer, but in a small group setting. Go to the website and take a look at some of the previous workouts. Yesterdays was how many rounds of (Deadlift x 5, 20 pushups, and 200 meters running) could you do in 20 min. Not super hard, but still an awesome workout.

#28 wesnesked, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  9. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

There are ways of doing chin ups and pull ups that make it a tad easier. They are called kipping pullups/chinups, and its a way of creating momentum from a dead hang to make it easier. They also have elastic bands that you can stand on to complete the workout.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i've never met anyone who can do 100 chinups or 200 pushups straight without a break, let alone back to back. if you can do 1 chinup you can do 100, it'll just take a while. :)

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Starting this thing tomorow.

Got my hands on the p90x and p90x+ extreme home fitness dvd's. Are these the same thing as the "beach bod" ones?

Time to get my ass back in shape. :)

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

im such a weakling, i can barely do 10 pushups.

i really need work on my upper body. i'm pretty "cut" but that's because i have no fat.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i downloaded this last week. im waiting on my pull up bar to come in the mail.

wish me luck :cool:

14. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Is there a way to find like a PDF or just instructions of these workouts? I mean, do I really have to watch these videos? Links would be HIGHLY appreciated :cool:

15. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Nevermind, I found it. They're rather easy to find.

16. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

So you actually found a PDF version?

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

You can do all of them without the videos, the plyometrics kenpo and yoga would be harder, but if you write down everything to do its not a problem and you dont have to record reps/weight. They are all worth a watch though, just because Tony's mannerisms are a mixture of funny and lame.

18. Matador

Matador Member

I borrowed a few of my coworkers p90x DVDs. My impressions:
    1. The plyometrics DVD was really tough and had my quads burning and I was quite a bit. Unfortunately I wasn't sore the next day.
    2. Chest and Back DVD: I couldn't hang with those people on the pullups. Definitely recommend a chair to assist or the bands to make the pullups easier.
    3. Shoulders and Arms: If you workout you're going to need some heavier dumbells. I only have two 15 lbs. dumbells and many of the exercises felt easy with that weight. Tony (the instructor) was using 40 pounders for some exercises.
    4. Overall, for the little bit I've done, it seems like it would be a good program to lean up, but not necessarily add a lot of bulk. I haven't seen the nutrition or done the exercises in order and I'm sure that's a huge part of the program.

19. danny317

danny317 Member

i got mine yesterday and did the first workout.

im freaking sore this morning!

gonna be d-bol swole in 90 days (or atleast a bit more defined)

20. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

If you do a 100 squats and you aren't throwing up, you aint doing it right