1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Overturning the 2020 election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, May 27, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is certainly a risk and a big reason to be concerned. That though doesn't mean a reason to give up and not vote. If anything it is more of a call to get out the vote so the margins are so large that any attempt's to bypass the votes will have less credibility and possibly dissuade state legislatures from attempting to do so.

This also goes to something I've been saying for a long time. Democrats need to contest elections at every level. Republicans have a built in advantage because they turned out people to vote in small elections. Whereas Democrats have often paid little attention to those to instead focus on the big races. If Democrats can match the turnout they get in Presidential elections in the Midterms there would likely be more Democratic state houses.

#201 rocketsjudoka, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    mdrowe00 and VooDooPope like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't believe he said what? Who is he, and what was dumb? I speak facts.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The current republican House minority leader says he doesn't think anyone questions the election outcome... the leading republican candidate strongly disagrees...

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is a full blown psychopath!

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

6. NewRoxFan

B-Bob likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Ohhhhh, that conversations with republican senator mike lee?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think we can just remove the word "Might" here and just assume and prepare for the following:

-Some state houses will use their new laws allowing them to literally ignore the votes, and send slate of electors to DC to certify
    -270 electors probably officially won't be met for either side
    -Kevin McCarthy (if leading the House) will try to hold a vote claiming the 12th amendment that allows
    -Supreme court will have to be called in to give a high court order on several fronts

but....

-VP Harris has a role in overseeing the certification process, and while she has no power to overturn anything, she can at least potentially delay Kevin McCarthy if his claim of constitutional right to vote to overturn needs to be sanctioned by the courts.
    (however I think Kevin McCarthy would just fire the House parliamentarian and replace him/her with someone who will allow him to hold the vote).
    -Joe Biden will still have the power to call in the National Guard if there's a violent insurrection again.
    -and there's still a chance that the Democrats can hold the House and Senate in the midterms which will significantly decrease any likelihood of a successful coup. Kevin McCarthy being Speaker of the House is essential to the plan of overturning the election results since the sitting President controls the military during this process. A violent insurrection is thankfully not on the table. It would have to be done through the Supreme Court, and the 12th amendment.

So yeah I would just assume that all of this is likely to happen, and take out the word "Might".... Has anyone seen any evidence I'm missing that the Republicans WONT try this?

VooDooPope, mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

10. cdastros

cdastros Member

11. NewRoxFan

Also stunning is the belief that outright lying is the best approach...

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess I wouldn't call it stunning or even surprising. When someone gets in bed with Trump, they only have two paths: (1) ever bigger and more obvious lies, or, (2) if and when you opt to get out of that stanky bed, you basically have to set yourself on fire and your past on fire, (e.g. Michael Cohen). The sooner someone can get out of that bed the better, I guess. Some hop right out and write a book about their experience.

13. NewRoxFan

14. NewRoxFan

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Dedicated to our former president dip$hit...

The worst ever...

16. NewRoxFan

Who is paying for this? Taxpayers?

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

b**** t*** Billy has been disavowed by Tramp unlike The Klan, Proud Boys, etc...

ROCKSS, Amiga and B-Bob like this.
  18. Gioan Baotixita

He is the best looking man on TV.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Am I wrong about this? Or, did Republicans spend this money to find more Democrat votes during this process in Arizona?

smh

20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

The sad part is the trump cult will buy this hook, line and sinker.........this dude is off the wall nuts