1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Overturning the 2020 election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, May 27, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Make the people wanting a recount to have to pay for it.

DD

ROCKSS and AkeemTheDreem86 like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Something about the wheels of justice turning slow. Lots of things in government take forever to resolve. We intentionally have a very deliberative process. But, you don't have to follow along with every morsel of news. Investigations need to continue unto their conclusions, but you can check out until they get there.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I’m with you. I fear that the Republicans are setting in motion everything they can to ensure the next close election they will have more power to overturn it if they don’t like the results. 2024 is likely going to be another close race.

What’s going to happen if GOP governors refuse to certify the results or GOP SOS just “find” enough votes like Trump wanted Raffensperger to do? Or a GOP led state legislature overturns a SOS result they don’t like with some of these new state laws? This is very very dangerous. We all shake our heads at this blatant lies and attempted cheating because the end result came out ok.

What happens when the Big Lie actually overturns an election?

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then you have a real civil war on your hand.

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's Claremont Institute making false claims about what Eastman did...

#185 NewRoxFan, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good post, but I think we shake our heads not because we don't take it seriously but because we feel powerless for the most part.

If people act in bad faith and show evidence that they will keep ramping up bad behavior and trampling norms of democracy, you don't have many good options in the good-faith and norms bag of tricks. All you can do is try to recruit as many like-minded people as possible, from all parts of the political spectrum.

Rashmon likes this.
  7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I disagree. We shake our heads but move about our business because it doesn’t effect us personally. Yet. Even if the election had been overturned and Trump won most of us wouldn’t be negatively effected. It takes a real threat that effects a lot of people to bring about change. Maher is right it’s a slow coup.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2057240

Rashmon and jo mama like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Republicans continue to want to emphasize this it will give Democrats a better chance in 2022. As much as it fires up their own base by calling that the election was stolen it will fire up the opposition.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

America is under attack! Am I missing anything on the list?

Climate Change - bigly rigged and motivated by profit greedy scientists who want to take down honest jerb creating oil barons.
    Covid deaths - biglier rigged and motivated by greedy hospitals and mid tier public servants who bow at Big Pharma
    Election results - bigliest of all biggolly rigs and likely carried out by the people who brought upon "white genocide".

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to disagree there. His blatant disregard for the severity of Covid at the onset and all the way through the pandemic was a huge dereliction of duty and disregard for the hundreds of thousands dying. He proved that during a crisis his priority is himself and his ego. Millions suffered as a result, and the now that demand exceeds supply, the prices are going out the roof. This is all a direct effect from a man who would no doubt do it all again with the chance. Bailouts to the richest will always come first with Trump.

He's setting a dangerous and deadly precedence for how the GOP Party will lie, spread propaganda, stir up division and hate, cheat, and steal to get what they want. Jan 6th was only the beginning of what type of dangerous moves the party of Trump will make to overturn any election in the future.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Except they're putting people in key positions so it won't matter how the vote goes they'll just not certify it. I'm beginning to feel like we're all farked.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

This ass clown is past delusional....a do over?? are you kidding me?? Meanwhile a large section of my family still say he is right......there is literally nothing he cant do that would sway some of my family, and there smart educated people who fall for this crap. I do believe he could kill someone on 5th avenue and he would never go to jail, the line in the sand moves daily for this turd and his cult. They are putting new laws and Trump supporters in key positions where they can overturn the election, if that were to happen I would hate to see what that would do to our country. I would like to think were above fighting each other over something as dumb as R vs B but I could see the Trump cult causing major havoc as they have parades in the street fully armed and ready to take the blue team down.......hell, Trump will egg them on to do it. The Dems MUST have to have a plan for 2024 but jeez we cant even come together for the Infrastructure bill. The red team does have one thing that they do better then anyone and that's sticking together no matter what.......don't like a candidate who tows the line........belittle them and get rid of them. I hate when they do this and we say "it`s not good for either party" and I agree with that but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. I think the worst part is I dont see a Dem emerging as a candidate, IMO Biden wont run again, if I was him I would say F this.......Harris has been nowhere to be seen and I dont see her as a viable candidate. The only thing I see stopping Trump to run is if he finally gets busted, our Gaetz and Co get busted and rat him out.......even then, unless the man is in jail his cult will look the other way

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

what a dumbass take. Cant believe he said that

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is that from The Onion or Bubba Bee?

@Os Trigonum the legal services of Herr Turley and Althaus are urgently requested