1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Overeem Fails Pre-Fight Drug Test

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SuperHighFly, Apr 4, 2012.

1. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC) us unlikely to fight champion Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the UFC heavyweight title this summer at UFC 146.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) the No. 1 heavyweight contender failed a pre-fight drug test conducted this past Tuesday following a press conference for UFC 146.

Overeem's "A" sample was flagged for an elevated T/E ratio. Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.

Read the rest of the article here:
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28109/alistair-overeem-fails-pre-fight-drug-test-likely-out-of-ufc-146-title-fight.mma

[​IMG]

2. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh Alistair, I remember those Pride days

[​IMG]

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

For whatever reason I like Overeem and wanted him to win -but I knew there was no way he was going to pass his drug tests fighting in the UFC. You just can't put on that kind of mass without losing skill and he put on the mass and got better.

He almost got busted before he fought Lesnar, but got out of it on a sketchy excuse. It went away pretty quickly because everyone was excited to see him fight, but this time he's screwed.

4. body slam

body slam Member

Lets just say for some reason he gets kicked off the card who gets the title fight?

I'm thinking rematch with Cain and at the say time hoping anyone but Mir.

5. Kim

Kim Member

I'm not surprised either, but LOLOL that 2009 pic in the original post is too hilariously fake.

6. lean

lean Member

Overeem still trying to get licensed.

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/201...m--nevada-license-hearing-april-24th-mma-news

Maybe he is delusional, but if they test his B sample and it's significantly lower (no idea if this is something that ever happens) then the fight still might happen. Honestly I really want to see this fight, even if Overeem is a big roided up douchebag, I hope he finds some contrived way to get licensed.

7. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Need not start a new thread on this but sources say, The Reem will be cleared to fight JDS.
    It's on now.

8. Ashes

Ashes Member

What sources?

9. Commodore

Commodore Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Taking off to Atlanta!!!! May 26 th is now Mir vs JDS for the HW title in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.</p>&mdash; Dana White (@danawhite) <a href="https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/193546021542969345" data-datetime="2012-04-21T03:45:42+00:00">April 21, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Too bad. I thought that he would have a hearing to get his license on time. UFC cannot wait forever though. Mir and JDS it is.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was shocked to find out Overeem was roided up. No way.

lololol. Good. And it's about damn time.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Surprise!!! :)

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Frank mir! Wtf. I want the black guy that whooped him to fight jds.

14. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

15. McNultyisDrunk

Do you come from a parallel universe where Kongo beat Mir? :confused: