1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Overboard or one sided irrational fear?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jan 19, 2021.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

What do you think of fellow marines that voted for Trump again? I’m talking about how you come across . It’s concerning. I had people state they are concerned I did the Nashville bombing based on things they perceive. Right now the perception is you constantly interject being obtuse, being insulting, being unfriendly, being condescending...that combined with your military background gives me concern because those same traits were found with him....did you know that ?

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

No and no.

AleksandarN likes this.
  3. ROXRAN

Maybe, maybe no

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I said explicitly that all servicemembers that still believe to this day that the election was stolen should not be assigned to the inauguration detail. I also have said that direct combat occupations in the US military have a strong right wing culture.

None of what I said justifies you calling me a potential Major Hasan. That's disgusting and I hope the moderators ban you.

AkeemTheDreem86 and vlaurelio like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

this thread is pathetic...I don’t even know why I should’ve expected anything different

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

RIP (x4) ROXRAN

AleksandarN likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve just skimmed through this thread . @ROXRAN In general I don’t think you’re a bad guy and have even agreed with you a few times but you’re way over the line here.

I get it. You don’t like people making angry condescending posts at you, well welcome to the Internet.. I don’t always agree with Fchowd and I’ve felt that his posts at times , let’s say overly passionate, and he’s commented on how my posts to him were condescending. That’s no reason to start diagnosing him with PTSD or comparing him to the shooter of Fort Hood.

PTSD is a very serious issue. Knowing several people who have had it to the point of being suicidal not something to bring up lightly especially because you feel insulted by his posts.

For that matter I don’t think Fchowd is particularly unusual here for his posts. There are a lot of angry insulting posts here. These are issues that get people worked up. I’ve had a poster say I should be deported. I had posters imply I was a racist. I’m not happy about it but I’m not about to start going around claiming they have PTSD and not worth dwelling over.

malakas likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I mean you basically said it right there in even your two experiences. Again it’s fear driving the need in their minds for an authoritarian government. The fear of Commie Obama or a Kamala takeover of Biden’s corpse. Those are fears driven by the right propaganda to convince people like your uncle that Democrats are the end of life as you know it, so MAGA is necessary.

Doesn’t mean they prefer Hitler to Churchill. It means that they think if they don’t vote for Mousellini, Stalin is coming to take Muh Cuntry.

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Onto the main subject of the thread here.

if you voted for Trump it doesn’t make you seditious. If you want to storm the Capitol because you think the election was stolen that does. If you’re posting that this election was stolen and something needs to be done about it that might not make you seditious but it probably means you shouldn’t be guarding the inauguration.

Many of the people who stormed Capitol were veterans and also LE but Ofc. Snickneck was a Trump supporter and he gave his life protecting Capitol. There is nothing wrong with having a political opinion and voting that way but there is also duty. If LEO or military people allow their political opinions to get in the way of their duty they shouldn’t be in those positions.

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. ROXRAN

You sound vindictive to the end. I wish you love to combat your hate ...sending virtual hugs your way

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

POS. Coming from you. The same person who said the crap after RBG died. The same guy that wanted the country to separate. @fchowd0311 is ten times the patriot than you ever be you toy soldier wanna be.

12. ROXRAN

I put him back on ignore and shouldn’t have taken him off. Going forward that will be permanently...
    btw you never been condescending, it’s a pleasure reading you and @dobro1229 and @txtony not because I agree but because you all effectively communicate the right way ...so thank you for that

13. ROXRAN

Goodbye. Hugs and kisses your way. I’ll miss you tons while on ignore

14. ROXRAN

I completely agree ..I am concerned with the elections but I don’t think it was stolen

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

concerned with what exactly?

how is it different from any other election in the past?

and concerned of what happened in which specific states?

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They weren’t stolen, but there was a blatant and inexcusable attempt to steal it by the incumbent and his corrupt lawyers. They should be held accountable for that. I hope you can also recognize that.

17. ROXRAN

I am concerned with state laws being different and the differing laws instead of a national process. I feel when there is too much disparity from one process that things are more likely to be taken advantage of

18. ROXRAN

I think they were legal challenges that were correctly denied in the cases I read as fair

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

So do you think Presidential elections should be nationalized or at least have oversight from the Federal government?

malakas likes this.
  20. ROXRAN

Yes

malakas likes this.