1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Overboard or one sided irrational fear?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jan 19, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm not claiming I'm teaching people how to communicate. I'm stating that the intent of trying to help someone isn't believable when you use allegations that someone has ptsd as an insult.

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Why do you think it was an insult attempt? Developmental trauma (not yet an official diagnosis), on the other hand, frequently results in problems like addiction or eating disorders in adulthood (but not necessarily straightforward PTSD). The problem is that trauma responses and PTSD may encompass signs and symptoms from all of these mental health problems, and only noting the one that is most prominent jeopardizes proper diagnosis and treatment. It is only through looking at the full forest that we can accurately appreciate how it is more than a sum of its characters. In other words this suggests that you displaying excessive obtuse, condescending and insulting communicative style is akin to not realizing how you come across.

you can’t see the trees for the forests when you live in the 100 acre woods so from your perspective it may appear that there is nothing wrong to be addicted to a communication style that gives you comfort. It’s understandable given the series of events you experienced

3. fchowd0311

The problem is you are attempting a diagnoses over the internet with no formal training after insulting the person you are diagnosing. It's like saying someone has autism because you disagree with them and tell them they need help. It's a pity insult and it's very obvious dude.

Can you answer who you are trying to convince? Not a single soul believes you are sincere here. You couldn't give two ***** about ptsd diagnosis. You jumped to that conclusion from back and forth banter on a message board. I'm not going to claim you have autism for example because you are making light of ptsd and then say you should seek help for your autism. No one would believe in being sincere there and rightfully so.

4. ROXRAN

It is not easy to characterize Pooh in a single sentence, and I do not believe that his inattentiveness can simply be attributed to ADHD, inattentive type. Pooh is lovable, yet can be naïve and a bit scattered. He has to remind himself to stay grounded and “think, think, think.” Add to that a single-track mind for chasing honey pots, and we have a picture that very much resembles what we call dissociation.

Dissociation is not a primary symptom of PTSD, but rather a sort of quality of our presence of mind. The mind resorts to “dis-associating” itself from reality, or from a traumatic situation, so to speak, when the situation is so unbearable that the alternative is to lose one’s mind. Simply put, when our body cannot leave the traumatic situation, the mind does, in order to protect us. Many trauma survivors report that they left their bodies during the experience, that they observed themselves from afar, or that the world simply did not seem real at the time of the event.

In the aftermath of trauma, once the mind has resorted to dissociation, it may become a frequently used coping strategy, especially when triggers are present in the environment. It is as if your unconscious notices something that it reads as dangerous, and immediately alters your presence of mind.

Some of us may experience this as physical symptoms of unease, or cognitive symptoms of feeling like our mind is fragmented or hard to reign in (“think, think, think”). Others may go to greater lengths and engage in behaviors that result in somewhat altered states of mind in order to avoid painful emotions, and not even know they are doing it.
    [​IMG]

5. fchowd0311

No one is buying it dude. You label people as potential mass shooting terrorists when they disagree with you or call you a LARPer.

I'm not going to diagnose you with any mental illnesses but you do lack self-awareness.

6. ROXRAN

I now realize how the condescending/obtuse/insulting communicate style is simply your way to going to greater lengths and engage in behaviors that result in somewhat altered states of mind in order to avoid painful emotions. You prolly don’t even know you are doing it. If I could meet you in real life I would give you a hug and tell you it’s not your fault,,.it’s not your fault over and over and keep holding you and allow you to let the tears flow. :)

7. ROXRAN

I care and I’m sincere

8. fchowd0311

Again, people who hold sincere thoughts about helping people actually diagnosed with ptsd don't tell them in their face that they are the next Major Hasan waiting to happen. Let me tell you that isn't a tactic that people who are trained proffesionals to help people with ptsd would perform.

So keep that in mind when you encounter someone in real life you actually want to help with ptsd.

The fact you are dedicating so much time on this hill is pathetic.

9. ROXRAN

You are worth it. I won’t give up on you

10. fchowd0311

And you still are dying on this hill. Honestly dude. You understand you just called someone a potential Islamic terrorist because they called you a LARPer right?

11. ROXRAN

I understand you cannot control how you come across and I understand the military life and what it does to people. There is a look in my friends eye that served in the special forces...and when he tells me his fear is what he could do if he loses control ...I understand. I believe him ...I understand your fight within yourself. Shooting my rifle doesn’t give me insight but spending a lot of time did . It’s real. PTSD is obvious. Anyone can be a Hasan or be a great family person ....it’s how you fight the battle within yourself. I wish you positive thoughts and peace

12. fchowd0311

Just pointing out to people he's still dying on this hill of calling someone a potential mass murdering Islamic terrorist and using ptsd as a crutch for an insult.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I wondered how this got to 5 pages.

I should have guessed who it was continuously responding to the troll.

Really dude?

14. fchowd0311

Trolling is one thing. Trolling while weaponizing ptsd and labeling someone a potential Islamic terrorist is another thing and is ban worthy. I want him to die on this hill.

AleksandarN and No Worries like this.
  15. ROXRAN

I agree I should stop responding to @fchowd0311 but I won’t back down, gonna stand my ground and fight hate with love and help him out because I care

16. fchowd0311

People don't use terminology like "stand your ground" towards someone they went to help with ptsd.

Again, you are using ptsd as a butt of an insult and dragging on the insult with 20+ posts doubling down.

AleksandarN likes this.
  17. ROXRAN

Easy there . Put the pistol down. Is that a FN57 with 20 round magazine ?

18. fchowd0311

Yup... using ptsd as a butt of an insult.

19. ROXRAN

I prefer the direct approach when fighting hate with love. I won’t let you kill me with hate in your heart. I can feel your anger and I know the PTSD life is rough. I been there to be a shoulder to cry on for my friend that served.

20. fchowd0311

Imagine the amount of hate one must have in their hearts to use ptsd as a butt of a joke after saying how much they honor veterans and call someone the next Major Hasan because they called you a LARPer.