1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Overboard or one sided irrational fear?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

No, not every Trump voter s a seditionist. We live in a two party system.

However, even if 1% has some sympathy for those that stormed the Capitol to over turn the election, we are talking about nearly a million people.

People speak in absolutes. Not everyone that supported or fought for the Confederacy viewed themselves as seditionists either.

If we can get through the Civil War, we can get through this if we are smart.

dobro1229 and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think @malakas made the more accurate narrowed filter of whom we shouldn't trust in a detail to protect the inauguration.

It's people who still do this day are spreading information on social media that the election was stolen. Not every person who voted for Trump still does that.

Nook, deb4rockets and malakas like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Completely agree, and I spoke to that towards the end of my post when I said its Fear driving the NEED for an un-Democratic re-imagined form of government. The hope is that the irrational fear that ALL Democratic individuals in the United States and our allies around the globe are NOT Satan worshiping pedophile lizard people.

It's the lies and conspiracy that drive that fear. That fear is what drives the need they believe they have for an Un-Democratic United States of Trumpism. My hope, and true Optimism is that somewhere in the next few years, it can become so obvious how irrational that fear really is. Even just having a boring President and Presidency for once might drastically dampen that fear.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. fchowd0311

I think the only thing that will stop that paranoia is media outlets realizing that more spreading of fear will lead to more immediate social unrest to the point where that fear no longer becomes profitable because of immediate fears of extreme social unrest. It's hard to run a business during severe turmoil and social unrest.

So there will eventually be a time where the profit motives no longer exist, but by that time the nation might be too far gone.

dobro1229, malakas and gifford1967 like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about Crenshaw @ROXRAN? You still believe in him too? Yes there are ex vets who have turned into traitors and spit on Democracy. You can't name a single occupation where there are not some really bad people in the mix. Police, doctors, teachers, you name it. That includes the military. That also includes soldiers with a love for guns and killing.

By the way, they have already vetted out some of those National Guard members for some reason. Tied to right wing groups or something probably. If anything, after seeing ex military as part of the storming of the Capitol, you would think screening these guys should be done.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This.

Also, @ROXRAN, this bashing of @fchowd0311 is incomprehensible. He disagreed with you and you bash his service (when you clearly haven't served) and compare him to someone who shot up Fort Hood? WTF is wrong with you? You asked a reasonable-ish question but this is beyond the pale.

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Nope on the contrary, I think much higher of Biden than Hillary, and I’m wishing him the best in his endeavors to build back better even if it means going against what I feel is best from an opinion standpoint

Nook likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

System and institutions are corrupt and rigged => standard typical populism. A time a dozen at this point.

Overthrowing democracy , hanging the VP and killing the Congress is not.

To be swayed by populism is not the same as stepping your foot into fascism.

I am not there but I don't believe I have no touch with reality.
    I have my american uncle who was MAGA.
    He never said anything about Trump should be the emperor god.

He only talked about taxes this and taxes that , the economy and that Obama is a communist (lol!).

Also I have seen some interviews from some Trump voters. Many said that they don't vote for Biden because they believe he is old will die and then Kamala will be president and can't have that coz she is a woman (and black).

My point is that I don't believe all Trump voters are radicalised and brainwashed beyond redemption.

And the proof is that there is not a civil war right now.
    You think that if the majority of 74 million people believed in autocracy there would just be a storming of the capitol?
    There would be already fights on the streets. Assasinations of officials, bombings.
    It's not like it is hard to find a gun and bullets.

9. ROXRAN

His words suggest otherwise ...he constantly uses ignorant and LARPer when talking to me. He’s very difficult to debate because he loves to slide in demeaning and offensive language at every opportunity...maybe it’s the result of his PTSD , who knows, maybe I should be more understanding on why he comes across as a condescending Ahole
    But he’s the one spitting in veterans faces by saying they can’t be trusted? No screw that. Screw that mindset. his hate and rhetoric and reasoning is a concern and I’m afraid what he would do to service people that think differently than him. I have this pos on iggy for a reason. He’s a demeaning turd . I’ll put him back on iggy, I get along with most everyone else.

to @fchowd0311 thank you for your service, but no thankful for being a pos

#49 ROXRAN, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  10. dmoneybangbang

Then take some personal responsibility..... What happened to THAT gop....? Or more likely it was all smoke and mirrors until the next culture wars could take hold.

11. fchowd0311

Yes, active duty servicemembers who still to this day believe that the election was stolen should not be trusted guarding the inauguration. I made no claim beyond that scope and you got upset at the said claim I made where you then proceeded to call me a potential mass shooter of military personnel.

You have some severe issues if you aren't trolling.

You areas LARPer just like I'm a gear head. You never served in combat arms and pretend to be a subject matter expert in this matter because you have a lot of veterans friends.

12. ROXRAN

I absolutely called it out. It’s not right and I said as such

13. fchowd0311

Also just to spell out how unhinged you are. Someone merely expressing their experience with right wing culture in direct combat occupations in the military means they might be prone to being a mass shooting terrorist. No That's where you are.

14. malakas

malakas Member

What's the problem with the military being vetted exactly?

Let me tell you one thing.
    The only difference between USA right now and most of the world who had to suffer a coup is the military.

You don't have colonels who decided to take his side.
    That is it.
    It's not some magic that makes USA difference.

So you want instead of making sure that this doesn't change to jeopardise it?
    You want to take your luck for granted?
    Whoever plays with fire ends up getting burned in the end.

15. ROXRAN

I get vetting who is there from military backgrounds I really do...and maybe I’m being to reactive to @fchowd0311 for his appearance of being a turd and condescending and insulting at every opportunity...it could be a result of the obvious PTSD he had to deal with and doesn’t know any better than to be insulting, condescending and obtuse so with that I am sorry . Let the record show I take pity in his choice of words and how he chooses to come across.

my contention is the video this post was about in the first place seems to make a blank statement of not trusting ALL service people that might have right wing views and paints the picture as dangerous when that is not the case and should never be a consideration as fair

16. fchowd0311

Honestly dude, you really should apologize for labeling me a potential terrorist mass shooter because we have wa difference of opinion.

And honestly going from that to saying you are concerned about my ptsd makes me believe you aren't sincere which makes it even more disgusting by pretending you care about veterans with ptsd.

Keep on digging yourself into a deeper hole though.

If you think you are in some moral high horse for calling me a potential terrorist mass shooter because I called you a LARPer, you are highly mistaken. Those are nowhere near equivalent accusations.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting - Hillary has a far stronger understanding of things than Biden (and most others) - she's incredibly smart and capable.

Regardless, the right wing media has painted a picture of a stolen election and these evil liberals in the deep state, but in contrary here you have it, Trump trying to create a deep state loyal to him and his allies - that's a serious thing.

Meanwhile this is a distraction - what a congressman thinks about who is in the national guard as a Trump sympathizer is not very material. If you are worried about the gov't purging out Trump supporters because they are seen as a threat, then where were Republicans the alst 4 years as Trump purged anyone who was not loyal to him over the country?

18. malakas

malakas Member

If all service people who are Trump voters or right wingers were not trusted then not only 12 people would have failed the vetting process.
    But more likely only 12 people would be left to defend Biden.

So no matter what that statement says it doesn't represent reality.

Also I have no clue what LARPer means and if it is offensive but even if it is I think it is best to try to take the high road and just say I don't appreciate your insults. It is true that as a Trump voter you are the easy target here right now to be ridiculed and targeted but I appreciate that you have the courage to come here and post and denounce Trump.
    And in the very end he was in the military and you weren't.
    So no matter what he knows better some things since he actually lived through them. Probably his opinion doesn't represent every military person but he has credibillity.
    If the discussion was about your profession also you would know more things than others who just had acquintances or friends and heard stories through them, right?
    So why not move on and stop the personal insults.My 2 cents.

19. fchowd0311

It's a term used towards people who play militia and run around with camo blouses and plate carriers on them with ar-15s with 10 different attachments mounted on them. It's a statement made towards people who have hobbies like paintball who dress up in military surplus gear. It's making fun of a hobby which is roleplaying as warriors/soldiers. No where near calling someone a potential mass shooting terrorist.

deb4rockets and malakas like this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

Thats it? lol what an insult.

deb4rockets, Blatz and fchowd0311 like this.