1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Over/Under for Green's PPG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Over or Under on Jalen's PPG? (15)

1. Over

2. Under

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I think hell average about 15 a game before the All-Star break and after the All-Star break I think he will about 23

Plowman and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. thekad

thekad Member

24 points per 36min. 58 TS%.

Anything much lower would actually be disappointing.

3. Denovo

Denovo Member

Rookie Beal averaged 14 before he learned how to create his own shot off the dribble.

Over

i3artow i3aller and Jontro like this.
  4. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Nah, I think 15 is a pretty fair O/U, it’s just with most of us thrilled about the draft, the bulk of folks were pretty likely to take the over if it was close to sensible.

I would have pushed, but I said under b/c given he averaged 17.9 in the GLeague on a team also more or less trying to feature him, it makes me think it will be hard to average 15+ as a rookie with tougher competition and probably not playing 36-38 minutes a game. I could seem him shattering that and averaging 20+, but I wouldn’t bet it.

Plowman likes this.
  5. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

And he played in a way lower scoring era as well. Numbers are inflated in today's game.

Plowman likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think a realistic expectation is that he’ll average 17-19 points on ok efficiency while being a mediocre defender as he gets used to the talent level of the NBA.

That said if he wants to go ahead and average 25 I’d be all for it

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Taking the temp again...

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. kevcai

kevcai Member

Gotta go over. Currently at 14.5 ppg with no free throws and shooting poorly from the field. Have to imagine he gets a bit more adjusted to the game/physicality, finds his shooting rhythm, and EG gets traded at some point to free up more touches for Jalen.

Think he'll have a similar trajectory as Anthony Edwards last year where it took some time to get adjusted but the talent was clearly there even when he struggled.

red5rocket and Plowman like this.
  9. DreamR

DreamR Member

I'm far more concerned about his fg%

He could score 25 ppg, but it won't look that good if it's on bad fg%

His current fg% of 39% isn't gonna cut it

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rookies...sheesh!

I think 13-15 will be where he lands....

Yao Ming was 13-7 his rookie year.

DD

#50 DaDakota, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    tycoonchip and Plowman like this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Right now I say over 15 but under 20.

don grahamleone, GotGame15 and amaru like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

my prediction for Jalen Green heading into the season was 17 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists a game on trash efficiency to go along with bad defense, and I see no reason why I should think otherwise

13. thekad

thekad Member

I assumed he would average Edwards’ second half stats. That’s not going to happen. The lack of offensive system, point guard play and an NBA body means he’ll probably average closer to Edwards’ first half stats.

Not good.

GotGame15 likes this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

Eighteen points, four boards, three assists along w one plus steal and half a block.

Only way I see JG eclipsing 20+ ppg is if his handle magically unlocks, or KPJ's passing game takes off. Green knows he needs to get that pumpkin on a string, and having Wall by his side and Morant on speed dial should help to speed that along.

I've seen some say his handle may never develop, but I don't subscribe to that belief. One can learn to do almost anything. I'm sure he has a routine he's already tinkering with. Eventually he'll experience that "no way in way" moment where something just clicks and a newfound ability is unlocked.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he starts taking 30 shots per game he might get that 20+ PPG that his fans were predicting.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This sounds about right.

JayZ750 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My prediction was 12-14 but I didn't think they'd let him be a chucker. Since it's clear they gave him the green light to chuck as much as he wants, I could see 17 PPG on trash efficiency and no defense.

18. MystikArkitect

He'll be over but his shot selection is been abysmal. It's alright to take contested 3s and step backs every once in a while but he takes these 95% of the time. Once Silas can actually get these guys to execute real plays and not take turns freelancing then it'll look a lot better.

FWIW I think Sengun is far and away this teams best playmaker with Green second and KPJ third. I'm almost down to run an offense with KPJ/Green splitting ball handling duties at times but Sengun being the focal point. Some sort of SG/SG/SF/PF with a point Center in Sengun.

Plowman likes this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Don't know how I missed this thread the first time ....

I think 15 was the perfect over / under.

15 was what I said from the get go .... and I'd have to stick with that now , even tho he is under that for now.

Plowman likes this.
  20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wall ended up getting shelved, and Jalen got 30mpg. JG's starting to up his game of late, so I'd say the OVER is indeed safe...just a little sweatier than most thought. ;)