1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OUT OF STOCK] Curious items hard to find during Covid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CrazyJoeDavola, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Acrylic paint. OOS or overpriced. Toddler loves painting rocks and apparently so does everyone else.

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Golden State Warriors fans. Suddenly I can't find them anywhere...

IBTL, CK Johnson, CometsWin and 4 others like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Lightly salted Lay's potato chips and BBQ potato chips. I've been able to find them recently, but I don't know how long that will last. Couldn't find them at all for 3 months. Lightly salted Tostitos Chips are nowhere to be seen. I was able to find them here in Austin before the onset of The Plague. We just prefer the lightly salted versions of those things. Crispy, but delectable! ;-)

upload_2020-8-15_18-20-28.jpeg

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Kids want bubbles, can’t find bubbles in stores. Maybe they decided to make hand sanitizer instead, or kids are really bore at home.

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Like bobrek, the thing that first came to mind was canned Cherry Coke Zero. There are some other random odds and ends, but I also haven't been in a grocery store since early March, only order curbside from one HEB, and don't know how many of those odds and ends might be available and just aren't showing up in their app or might be available somewhere else.

HEB's store brand corn chip scoops are good. Don't order them often as I have a hard time not polishing off a bag in a sitting, but haven't had issues getting them when I have. Didn't know Tostitos has a multigrain option.

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Have you tried amazon? Not sure what you consider overpriced but I've found some pretty decent sets or individual colors there.

The little one might find these pretty cool on rocks.
    [​IMG]

19.99 but they go on sale at 3:05pm today in the lighting sales
    Link Here

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I had a hard time finding them when the "lockdown" started, but now that people have eased up on the hoarding or have hoarded enough to not hoard more, Walmart seems to have them in stock... dried, frozen, canned... varieties. I bought about 4 1-pound bags of the dried peas a few months ago. They seem to have even more varities in stock now. Amazon Fresh seemed to always have it in stock.

body slam likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

News feed says pepperoni is now on the list. Pizza shops scramblin

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Time for the pineapple on pizza revolution.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lol. A friend told me that last night

11. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Bicycles and bicycle parts. One day the internet is going to ruin the local bike shops, the next day every bike shop is completely sold out of pretty much everything. Weird.

RunninRaven and Jturbofuel like this.
  12. Asian Sensation

It makes sense with the borders being closed.

13. Asian Sensation

This made me check on dumbbells. Yup... still sold out everywhere online and local sporting good stores. People are still charging stupid prices on OfferUp and they’re selling quickly.

14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

For some reason the the Walgreen's next to my house has been out of 12 pack Dr Pepper for the last few months now

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This one has really baffled me. I was finally able to buy a Huffy cruiser bike a few weeks back. The bike has been pretty good but the pedals just sort of fell apart on me, so now I'm looking for replacements, which have been nearly as hard to find as the bike (having better luck with those on Amazon, at least). None of the brick and mortar stores have anything in stock.

16. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

PM me your address. Bubbles headed your way.

donkeypunch likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was reading an article about this the other day. It's basically because people are at home more and decide to exercise more, so they buy bikes to ride around or ride around with family. Then the other thing is all the people that don't want to take public transportation anymore and maybe can't afford a car, so they buy a bike -- especially some that live and work in urban areas. Parts shortage is also made worse by supply chain issues apparently with China.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Are you looking for any size in particular? Managed to hook up my friend with some online deals on 40lbs and 50lbs between $1 and $1.25 per lb

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Next time just use bleach. It’s 99% chlorine.

https://www.troublefreepool.com/blog/

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Xerobull likes this.