1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our solution at small forward is...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGoldenGreek, Dec 19, 2010.

1. TheGoldenGreek

Terrence Deshon Williams.

His defense is just as good as Battier's. He gives us serious athleticism and length on the perimeter defensively. His defensive playmaking ability can create fastbreak opportunities which the team excels in. On offense he is an excellent slasher and can penetrate into the lane and create offense with his passing ability. A 3 that can penetrate is ideal to set up guys like Brooks and Martin on the perimeter and he is an excellent ball handler to boot. Maybe I'm crazy but that's my thinking.

What do you guys think?

2. YaoMingsSoulja

I agree. I'm really excited about this guy. Of course adelman is gonna make him work for his minutes but I think he will eventually start over battier.

Plus his defense can only get better with battier teaching him some new things ;)

3. Rockets_4_life

Yeah I agree, can't wait to see this guy play tonight.. :grin:

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think it's been discussed in the other TW threads.

I also think we're missing the fact that he said he saw himself as more of a pg than sg or sf...not to say he'll actually play at that spot, but i think it means he's better off at sg where he can be more of a triple threat, than being at Sf where he'll turn into more of s shooter and occasional slasher.

Let's let him suit up first until we declare him a solution for anything.

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

He says he's a PG :)

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You'll be waiting a while.

7. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I would love to see some 3 man workouts with Williams, Battier, and Lee. Battier guards Williams. Williams guards Lee. Lee guards Williams and Battier on a 2 on 1 break. This would be very beneficial for all of them.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's our solution at Point Forward.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Bingo!! ;)

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

This. We are jumping the gun with him. Yes I realize he is the 'shiny new toy' everyone wants to play with [so to speak] but...
    (nothing dirty to see there so don't take it that way)

He's more of a long term guy(if he's still around) rather than immediate help. Not to say he can't help immediately but...again as quoted above, let him suit up before we declare him to be this or that.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

there's not a great deal of difference between sg and sf in adelman's offense, and he's certainly the more physically prepared of him and either martin or lee to guard the 3.

12. Sanity2disChaos

It is just mind boggling to me when I HEAR people talk about defensive responsibilities......people you can be a SG and guard a SF....you can be a SG and guard a PG.....the position are very similar in many ways and on defense its about match-ups not matching positions.....silly lil kids.....please know the game FIRST (which may have required you to actually have played....and have game) before you stat your dumb@ss comments.....Thank you..............IT IS WRITTEN. :grin:

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I agree. Maybe not this season, but definitely the year after next. (lockout, it's happening)

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree with this but I also believe that Chase Budinger can be a long term solution for the Rockets as a backup SG. I think he is perfect for the role, I just think the main problem with his defense is he has been a liability against bigger opponents. Move him to the SG spot and he should do just fine.

I like Courtney Lee alot but he should be a starter on alot of other teams, his trade value right now is still very high and he could be a key piece and a big deal.

As for Terrance at the SF spot... I love it. It will be interesting to see how incredible the offense can be if both AB and Martin can work off the ball and get open in so many different ways.

I just hope he doesn't run the offense like Lebron does, where he is pretty much just going one on one and running the shot clock down and taking a bad shot. With an offense like Adelmans though he should be just fine.

With AB and Williams you have two guys who can create off of the dribble if a play breaks down. TWiiliams has the talent and abilites to make a huge difference. If he produces half of what he is capable of, they are one solid Big away from being a pretty decent NBA team. Not a contender yet, but if you can get past the first round of the playoffs, its just about matchups.

15. Sanity2disChaos

T WILL should play infront of bud tonight.....

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Well T-Will as a point forward certainly solves some of the issues of playing Lee at point guard.

17. Dei

Dei Member

He's 6'6. That's short for a small forward.

18. Htown's2kFinest

The team shouldn't be hold this guy's development back now we are in the post Yao Ming era. No need to play Shane 30-40 minutes a gm and risk and injury to him. No need to play Budinger all the time when he's shooting like crap. Sub in Twill if when Bud's struggling or if Battier is getting lit up, vice versa.

It's not like he is a fresh rookie too that hasn't got PT or shown what he can do. Last two months of the 09-10 Nets season, excluding the last gm and the Kings gm he didn't play in, he averaged close to 15ppg, 7rebs, 5ast with around a 46FG%. And he started only 5 games in that stretch. He dominated the Orlando Summer LG and was the clear cut best player there. His stint in the D-lg he did his best Oscar Robertson impersonation and averaged 28ppg, 11rebs, and 10ast.

The guy has game and massive upside. The Rockets should NOT just sit him and let this talent rot on the bench. Play him ASAP. :grin:

19. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

Thats the same height as our starting defensive star center

20. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Michael Jordan said he was a baseball player.

I'm excited about T-Will, but he's still a little raw. I'm not going to worry if we don't bring in another SF, but I'd take Gerald Wallace or Iggy if I got the chance.

1 person likes this.