1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OUR Portland Trail Blazers vs. YOUR Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BlazerGal, Feb 24, 2001.

1. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Ha ha hahahahahah haha This thread is a Classic.Thanks blazer girl for making my day a little brighter and oh yea where does the ass kissing line form ? hahahahaha Keep up the good work bg hahahaha

------------------

2. Holden

Holden Member

hey blazergal..
    can i have your phone number?
    you want to go out and get a cup of coffee sometime?

------------------
    make it stop.

3. haven

haven Member

Blazergirl is great.

She makes a huge statement, fails to back it up, and then runs for cover once the board ponts out how bad her original post was. She gives our team respect once we tear apart her post.

1. The Blazers aren't that dominant. You said originally they're the odds-on favorite for the championship. Then they lose to the Clippers. Heck, they're behind Utah.

2. Francis is better than Stoudamire. Who cares if Stoudamire's had a good game against him? Francis still wins the matchup by a longshot.

3. Pippen is old. He benefited from being Mike's sidekick, flopped with the Rockets, now is a little cog in the Blazers wheel.

4. What do you really have to say? The Blazers are better than the ROckets. No duh. Is there something besides trash talk you wanted to do? If you have anything interesting to say, correct me.

Otherwise, get lost. Scram.

------------------
    Why is it that everytime BC defeats a major conference opponent, that opponent promptly goes on a losing streak?

PS. Notre Dame sucks

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Portland actually stands for
    P-Poor
    O-Overrated
    R-Repulsive
    T-Terrible
    L-Laughable
    A-Awful
    N-No Good
    D-Dumb*sses

Oh yeah, actually a Trail Blazer is a gay cowboy.

------------------
    Arkansas' Biggest Rocket Fan!

5. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

LOL! Good one Lil Pun [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by CompaqC (edited February 25, 2001).]

6. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Double post

------------------
    Dream
    Rejects
    Every
    Attempt
    Made

[This message has been edited by CompaqC (edited February 25, 2001).]

7. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

haven

I never came to this board to tear on your Rockets or anything. And when i praise the Rockets, im NOT KISSING ASS! you dont think your team desserves the praise??? All what i sad is what i expected. Everyone in this thread is giving me scores and predictions, just like I am. are they backing it up?? NO! those are merely predictions, who knows what the outcome of the game will be???

And enough about the Clippers loss already! to me, The Clippers are an up and rising improved team, and such losses happen to everyone every now and then. And anyway, your team lost not once but TWICE to the Clippers! and dont give me that "You're contenders, we're not" crap. You think the Clippers suck so much? then your team doesnt desserve to be a playoff team!

If you think my posts are bad then I'm sorry.....deal with it!

I'll post whatever I think and please to post. Portland will win the game and all you Rocket fans will have nothing to say after the game! let us just wait and see Mr. haven!

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

8. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

You say that we're all, you included, just making predictions, but then why do you say the Blazers will beat the Rockets with such a cocky certainty? Doesn't sound like much of a "prediction" to me. Also, as far as the Clippers losses go, those kind of games are expected of a young team. On the other hand, they are not expected of a group of veterans who are supposedly suppose to be title contenders. That is the difference. Also, the Rockets are a different team now.By the way, you are alot better poster than fans of other teams like the Grizz and Bulls.AND nobody said they thought the Clippers were a bad team.
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited February 25, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited February 25, 2001).]

9. Sane

Sane Member

BlazerGal has her points, but, Blazergal, do you seriously have no doubt in your mind that Portland will lose?

Think about this, in the last game, our backcourt was very slowed as a result of great D (double teaming) from your team. Our "frontcourt" of Mo at C and Kenny at PF and Walt at SF was nothing you could've worried about.

Let's see how much things have changed.

Ok, Let's say your basic unit is Davis, Wallace, Pippen, Bonzi and Stoudamire. Then there are the backups.

Now, if u double team Francis, we have Cuttino. Last time, that would be our last option. But now, you can double team Francis, there's Cuttino. You can double Cuttino, there's Hakeem. you can double Hakeem, there's Mo. You can double Mo, and you know it's time for Shandon to have another of his suddenly-superstar 35-pt games. So let's say, no double-teaming. Let's look at player vs. player.

Hakeem vs. Davis/Sabonis

You said it yourself. The dream is scoring, blocking, stealing, and defending, not to mention SWALLOWING all the boards. You HAVE to fancy Hakeem's chances in this game, especially with Kelvin giving him some rest time, and Houston coming back after three days rest.

Mo vs. Rasheed

Ok, fine fine. Rasheed's super, he's great, All-star, yada yada yada. The same was said about Garnett, and Garnett is a much better defender than Wallace. Actually, he's better than Wallace at everything. WAIT, he's better than ALL the Blazers at everything each one does. But that's besides the point (got a little carried away, lol). Don't think that if Wallace scores 28, Mo won't score the same or more. His rebounding may be poor, but our guards more than make up for it. I guess Rasheed gets the nod here, but I wouldn't get my panties in a twist if Mo had his own stunning performance.

Shandon vs. Scottie

If there was ever a chance, early in the season, that Scottie would remotely outplay Shandon, on EITHER end of the court, then it's vanished due to Pippen's hurting elbow.

Mobley vs. Bonzi/Smith

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. There's only one man who can stop Cuttino Mobley, and that's Mr. Cuttino Mobley himself.

Francis vs. Stoudamire

Francis might not play. Stoudamire has had his better games against Francis. Besides, Jordan said it himself about Iverson, you can't expect to guard someone 5 inches (he said 7) shorter than you. But I think Francis will definitely do his damage from 3-pt land AT LEAST. The ankle will hurt, but that will motivate him to get more assists, more steals, and less turnovers.

Ok, so I'm talking from the view of an optimist. But even if u look at it from a realist's/pessimist's point of view, I see us easily winning 3 out of 5 of those matchups. I'm not saying the Blazers CAN'T win, I'm saying the Rockets CAN win too.

------------------

10. haven

haven Member

"I never came to this board to tear on your Rockets or anything. And when i praise the
    Rockets, im NOT KISSING ASS! you dont think your team desserves the praise???"

Of course the Rockets deserve praise. But it's one thing to say is "they're sort of good" after people have trashed you, and another thing to say it originally. Furthermore, it's *not interesting*. The Rockets are good? So. Why don't you tell us why? Analyze plays, player development, etc.

"All
    what i sad is what i expected. Everyone in this thread is giving me scores and
    predictions, just like I am. are they backing it up?? NO! those are merely predictions, who
    knows what the outcome of the game will be???"

People are responding to your posts with more wit than you presented them. You gave a score without reason, people are responding with articulated reasons. I don't like predictions for single games to begin with, though. Over a course of a season, they make sense. But in a single game? Anything can happen, and a prediction isn't really that, it's just a statement of enthusiasm. BTW, you DO claim to know what the result will be.

"And enough about the Clippers loss already! to me, The Clippers are an up and rising
    improved team, and such losses happen to everyone every now and then. And anyway,
    your team lost not once but TWICE to the Clippers! and dont give me that "You're
    contenders, we're not" crap. You think the Clippers suck so much? then your team
    doesnt desserve to be a playoff team!"

A contender for the EIGHTH SEED can lose to crappy teams. Someone who's team is a "lock" for the championship should have no trouble dealing with them. A little humility, please. BTW, the Rockets are a young, improving team. Why does the same logic not apply?
    "If you think my posts are bad then I'm sorry.....deal with it!
    I'll post whatever I think and please to post. "

Alas, that's the problem with freedom of speech. While you get a great deal of intelligent information not suppressed for its controversial nature, you also get ignorant crap. Yes, you have the right... but that doesn't mean you *should* post it. A little restraint please. Your post was, and remains, awful. If you care about quality, this should concern you. If it doesn't, then nothing I say is important to you.

"Portland will win the game and all you
    Rocket fans will have nothing to say after the game! let us just wait and see Mr. haven!"

Au contraire, we have a great deal to say after losses. We prefer to look at the game and try to understand *what* happened that led to the outcome, and see how such losses can be prevented in the future.

While you, on the other hand, are only interested in gloating at your teams win.

Once again, quite pathetic. You don't understand the implications of your own statements. Please go away and cease to demonstrate your own ignorance.

------------------
    Why is it that everytime BC defeats a major conference opponent, that opponent promptly goes on a losing streak?

PS. Notre Dame sucks

[This message has been edited by haven (edited February 25, 2001).]

11. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

I predict a Blazer win. Does that sound better? [​IMG]

No seriously, no one can be sure of anything anymore. The Rcokets are good. Portland lost a game they shouldve won and will be more fired up for this game. It wont be aeasy at all, i admit that, but I like our chances.

Nice post Sane!

I personally think the Hakeem/Wallace & Sabonis matchup will be the key to this game.

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

12. haven

haven Member

Blazergal! Thank you [​IMG]! Everything you just said is perfectly fine. I know I came off a little strong, your first post just provoked my ire.

Hope that you'll join us after the game to talk about WHY the game developed as it did, no matter who wins.

------------------

PS. Notre Dame sucks

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Let me guess BlazerGal, if Portland wins you're going to run over here and say "Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, WE WON! We kicked your ass! Who is the best team now!" We can live without the gloating and condescending attitude from fans of other teams. That is why we prefer this board over the ESPN board. If you're such a big, tough title contender and we're the measley little team why do you need to come on this board and flaunt your "superiority"? Is the inferiority complex? If we're a weak little team who doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs because we lost to the Clippers twice why do you, the fan of a team that is supposedly a "lock" to the championship have to come over here and brag? Just wondering. Blazer fans are the only "elite" team fans that have to come over here and spout about how great their team is. It's like they have to keep saying "We'll win, we're title contenders, yes we are" just to convince themselves that they are. Kind of like what Pippen does! [​IMG]

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

14. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

Yes i will haven.

and will even join the chat room if one is being held for the game. Thta should be fun [​IMG]

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

15. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I LOVE it when fans from other boards come in here and talk ****. If our fans who go to the games (DO our fans go to the games?) aren't fired up, at least we can get fired up.

Personally, I think this one will be a close game. There is no doubt in my mind that Portland is the superior team. I'd love to break out and say that since we're so hot, and we're improved (BOTH are true), that we will be able to put the Blazers away.

But really, who have we beaten on this run? Minnesota. Good. Philadelphia. New York. Quality wins there. Orlando? Well, OK, nothing wrong with that. But who else? Boston. Cleveland. Detroit. Washington.

I think this game is a good barometer for just how good we may be. Are we good enough to beat the BEST teams in the NBA? I don't care how much I hate that team, they are ONE of the best teams in the NBA, and should go rather deep in the playoffs. I know we're all talking **** here, too, but I'm not going to break out with **** that could come back to bite me in the ass. That being said:

Blazers: 94
    Rockets: 90

I pray to God I'm wrong, but I don't think we're on the level we need to be to win this game. The Blazers will come out LOOKING for the win early. I hope that we can make fatigue become a factor, although they've got an extra day--they should be fine. On the other hand, hopefully Steve and Cuttino will come out wanting revenge for earlier in the season. Should be a good game all-around.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

16. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I'm not just being biassed here in my prediction the Rocks will win. I don't take the Blazers for granted, because they are one of the best teams in the league.

The Rockets play with much more energy than the Blazers, and unlike them, don't just wait for their "talent" to take over. The Rockets understand they have to step up in other areas if they aren't hitting their shots. The Blazers assume their shots will just start to drop. Steve Smith and Quitten will make no difference in the game. Smith has been very passive lately. Bonzi and Sheed are their real weapons. Bonzi won't do anything special with Cuttino on him. Sheed will get doubled if he starts hitting, and I expect the Rockets to double off him leaving Stoudamire open, who is not a good shooter. I saw this guy shoot 2 shots off the side of the backboard before a game. Sabonis can not do anything on Hakeem. His passing is what makes him dangerous. Also, the Rockets can and SHOULD be able to run all over the Blazers. They are by far the faster team, and I expect them to try to run the break at every oppertunity, especially with the fact that the Blazers are coming off a tough double OT game and will be tired.

Alot of people didn't think the rockets would beat the Wolves, but I did because they FINALLY got to play the wolves at full strength. Same thing here with the Blazers. We will get to see how the REAL rockets team matches up with the Blazers.

That being said, I think the rockets will win.

------------------

17. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Come on guys, this is all in good fun. No need to rip into the posters, just rip into the Blazers.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oregon Trail, blazing a trail west, etc. etc...

...that's my guess anyway.

------------------
    "Ive seen more class at a Pig Humpin Contest ." -- moestavern19 makes headlines again, and in the process leaves little doubt as to what Saturday nights in his hometown of Lompoc, California are like.

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It's also the same Blazers team that lost at home to Utah and lost to the Clippers. They are not invincible, and they may be one of the best but they have not played like it recently:

Prediction:
    Rocks by 3

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

20. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Post 100.

------------------
    Charles Barkley on TBS on the "fat track" poll: "What? 47% said I'd gain more.....why those.....they better be glad this is a family show."