1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OUR Portland Trail Blazers vs. YOUR Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BlazerGal, Feb 24, 2001.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I feel for the Clippers. If the Blazers didn't play the Rockets next, I would have been rooting for the Clips. Its a shame to see them work so hard, only to lose. Still, they are developing nicely. This Clipper team will be very good in a few seasons. Better than the Blazers are now.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

2. today

today Contributing Member

They are definitely expending more energy than they thought they would have to. Maybe they will be tired coming into to H-Town on Monday.

------------------
    "You couldn't have stuck a pin up his @#! with a jackhammer. Yeah, I'd say he was pretty tight." -- Barkley on Pheonix Sun Chris Carr(...I think) after he missed a game winning free-throw.

3. today

Pippen, Wallace, Staud, and Wells have all logged over 40 minutes. I know that was unexpected.

Since you Blazers fans started this thread, how did Pippen heal so fast? I read he was supposed to be out at least another 3 weeks. He is going to eat into Bonzi's stats(on my fantasy team) and that sucks.

BTW, Why couldn't we have gotten Wells instead of some crackhead player like Augmon in the pippen trade?

[This message has been edited by today (edited February 25, 2001).]

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Bonzi is a shooting guard, and I dont think he would be playing alot because Cuttino is there.

What I do know is Bonzi was close to becoming a rocket. If the Pistons didnt grab him, the rockets were going to get him instead of Dickerson.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

CLIPS WIN!!!

How 'bout those Blazers!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

CLANG! That was the sound of the Blazers luck running out. By the way today, that signature of yours, it WAS Charles talking about Chris Carr. That was when Chuck was on Phoenix, and Carr was on Minnesota. I remember looking at that game on TNT. Funny stuff!

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, the Blazers ended up losing to the Clippers...

All hail the new kings of the NBA. Your Portland Failblazers.

------------------
    "Ive seen more class at a Pig Humpin Contest ." -- moestavern19 makes headlines again, and in the process leaves little doubt as to what Saturday nights in his hometown of Lompoc, California are like.

8. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I was not surprised when the Jazz went to Tailflakers turf and got their ass kicked,But tonight going to 2OT's before they beat one of the worst team in NBA.Man those Tailflakes was just one bunch of over rated team. [​IMG]

Monday's game will remind you how they were crushed by the Fakers on the elimination round of the playoff.I'm sure you won't forget that. [​IMG]

Rockets 92
    Tailflakers 89

------------------
    Rudy T. will find and fulfill Rockets destiny.

9. today

I remember that Rudy was high on Bonzi when we had him in for a workout. I still would have taken Wells over Augmon though, that would give us a solid bench right now.

Thanks for the sig help RocksMillenium.

------------------
    "You couldn't have stuck a pin up his @#! with a jackhammer. Yeah, I'd say he was pretty tight." -- Barkley on Minnesota's Chris Carr(thx RocksMillenium)after he missed a game winning free-throw.

10. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

BlazerGal - Hope you didn't you didn't talk smack on the Clippers recently!

------------------
    GATER

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

After a while, I just couldn't help but root for the Clippers. What a great win for a young team. That's 20 victories for them, after getting 15 all of last year. See, the Clippers work SO hard for their wins, unlike the Blazers. The Blazers simply cruise through games, thinking that they will always win it in the end. They'll probably cruise in Houston too, and receive a harsh beating. Seeing that the Blazers had to go through double OT tonight, I'm going to change my prediction.
    Blazers: 85
    Rockets: 102
    And incase I'm wrong, and the Blazers do beat the Rockets. It will be because the Rockets played a bad game, NOT because the Blazers played a good game.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

NP today! [​IMG] Funny after all the trash that BlazerGal and the Blazers fans talked to us that the Blazers go out and drop a bomb to the Clippers the same day! lol!

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

13. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

Does it really bother you Rocket fans so much that a "girl" who supports The Blazers posts over here?

First off, I never used the Stoudamire/Francis stats to illustrate who the better player was, just showing you how it's going so far between the two players.

And you were asking why I think Portland will win the next game??? well, because we're the better team, we beat you twice, we'll beat you again! You have alot of faith in your team and i like that. You have the right to beause your Rockets have been playing great lately. but someone WILL eventually stop the Rockets and I think it'll be us.

I'm sure this game will be alot tougher than the previous ones cuz the Rockets have drastically improved since the last meeting. And i gotta say that I admire Hakeem Olajuwon for proving to everyone that he's still the "DREAM". I'll even give him the advantage over Sabonis.

And now after a tough defeat to the no-longer lowly Clippers, I'm sure the Trail Blazers will be even more fired up for Monday's showdown. Watch what you say Rocket fans. Your team's good, but YOU'RE PUSHING IT!

Blazers 99
    Rockets 92

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

14. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

No, Im not a Bulls Fan!

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

16. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Rocks 91
    Blazers 88

17. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

OH SH*T!!!

one stupid typo and look what it has done! [​IMG]

LOL!

I meant "kick" of course [​IMG]

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

18. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I don't care what sex posts here. I just enjoy these long arguements with fans of other teams.

------------------

19. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

BlazerGal

Despite being an opposing fan, you're giving the Rockets their props and not being disrespectful to our franchise like the Bulls and Grizzlie fans that visit this forum. I like your take on Hakeem as well. Your team better come up with better than Sabonis if you plan to slow him down.

I admit Stoudamire always seems to have good games against Francis, but it ain't the same story anymore. Things are diffeent now. Our guards struggled last game and we still won. In other words, we have OTHER weapons now. Whereas before, if the opposing team was able to contain our guards, Rockets would always drop. Mo's playing Great, Hakeem's playing great. It's gonna take you alot more than containg "the best backcourt in the league" to win this one!

WATCH OUT BLAZERGAL CUZ YOUR TEAM'S GOING DOWN!

------------------
    Dream
    Rejects
    Every
    Attempt
    Made

[This message has been edited by CompaqC (edited February 25, 2001).]

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Bantering and trash talk aside, the Rockets have come a long way in a short time. Did anyone see the Sporting News recently? Dave Dumb-ass-andro said something like, "People were saying Hakeem was washed up, now they're saying it's too bad he's on the #11 team in the West." The reason we were #11, Dumb-ass-andro failed to mention, was our lack of a post presence.

We have some swagger now, we have some purpose. The trading deadline is gone, so Walt can quit deliberately throwing up bricks to disinterest other teams (well, just a conspiracy theory) and Cato can actually step up to play. Even if they don't, our starting five will come out charged up. I really hope the fans turn out for the game. Should be a good one.

------------------