1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OUR Portland Trail Blazers vs. YOUR Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BlazerGal, Feb 24, 2001.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Portland definitely isn't invincible. They had trouble with Utah on their homecourt, and their lack of a go-to guy pops up now nd then. Portland definitely isn't going to win a title, but they are dangerous. But now that Houston's front court is producing I'm going with the Rocks by 3 or 5 points.

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

I feel that this game will actually be a let down. I sure hope not, I just have the feeling.

------------------
    "The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
    -Dan Quayle

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Francis has played six games against Damon, and has gotten the better of him four times.
    I'm pretty sure that Damon averaged 6 points on 20 percent shooting last year over four games. That means that he is more likely to score 6 points against Houston, than he is to score 27. This is a very different Rocket team than the one that lost those two earlier games. They would be title contenders if it hadn't taken them so long to develop their brilliant chemistry.
    Scottie Pippen is a cancer for the Blazers, just as he was for the Rockets. The fact that he is back in the lineup, gives the Rockets a huge advantage. I can't wait to see the bricks he throws up while the Houston fans boo his puny ass off. The Blazers must be pretenders, because there is no excuse for a talented team like that losing at home to Utah. I'm sorry, but Utah is not that good a team. They have padded their record by beating crappy teams, just as Portland has done. How could you guys lose to Utah? Inexcusable for a team trying for a title.
    I guarantee the Rockets are going to win the next two meetings with the Blazers (as well as the Jazz). It will be a repeat of last year. Blazers win the first two, Rockets win the last two. You guys had better hope that you don't meet the Rockets in the first round, because your lipstick covered asses will be grass in four games.
    I used to like the Blazers, but you really lost your heart and soul when you traded away Brian Grant. Its too bad that Sabonis and Wallace are on the Blazers, because I really like to watch them play. Unfortunately, because that worm Pippen is on the team, I have to root against them.
    I don't want the Lakers, Spurs, or Jazz to win the title, so I guess I'll have to go for Portland to come out of the west (in case Houston doesn't make it). Then I will enjoy watching Philly destroy you.
    Blazers: 88
    Rockets: 96

The final score will not be an indication of how easily the Rockets are going to win. I'm sure Pippen will pad his stats in the meaningless fourth quarter, so he gets 7 points and two boards.
    Now Blazergirls, don't stop posting. I really enjoy reading your posts, and the responses.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

4. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Originally stated by STEVE FRANCIS:
    -- Steve Francis on Blazers point guard Damon Stoudamire

NOW is your chance. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

5. JCBlazersGirl33

"Scottie Pippen is a cancer for the Blazers"

You're kidding, right? [​IMG] Everyone on the team from TBob to Wallace to Dunleavy has acknowledged his leadership on the floor, off the court, and in the lockerroom. He works with Bonzi on his game and ever since Bonzi has earned Smith's starting role. Whatsmore, he dedicates both time and money in the Portland community. Cancer? [​IMG]

"I can't wait to see the bricks he throws up..."
    That is something you're probably going to see because he just got back in the line up and had surgery on his right elbow. But he'll shake it off in a couple of games. We have about, oh, 9 0r 10 other offensive weapons to pick it up until Pip shakes off rust. Bottom line is he needs to be out there not only to resume his position as floor leader, but to regain his form prior to injury.

The Blazers must be pretenders, because there is no excuse for a talented team like that losing at home to Utah.
    Both good teams and bad teams lose games. The Lakers lost to the Clips, the Knicks have lost to the WIz, i could go on and on. The difference is Good teams take a while to get back on track after a loss. Great teams hit the ground running. So far Portland has done that this season. Furthermore, inserting pip in the line up means the chemistry was off. The Blazer played only during the fourth quarter and they only lost by a couple of points; Utah should have blown us out.

You guys had better hope that you don't meet the Rockets in the first round, because your lipstick covered asses will be grass in four games.
    It's not the KINGS, it's not Seattle, it's not the Twolves, it's not the Suns, nor the LAkers, it's the ROCKETS that will have the Blazers shaking in their Nikes come playoff time! Right. I believe you. No honest, i'm not being the least bit sarcastic. Honest...

"Then I will enjoy watching Philly destroy you."
    What is this, the Psychic Friends Network? While you have your crystal ball out, would you mind tellin me what the #s are for the New York Lotto?

"I'm sure Pippen will pad his stats in the meaningless fourth quarter, so he gets 7 points and two boards.
    Back to pippen we go. If Pippen were about stats he'd be taking away shots from Rasheed, our undisputed go-to guy. He knows we expect the scoring during the playoffs, though. Until then, we'll let the young core of bonzi, sheed, and damon carry the majority of the offensive load.

[This message has been edited by JCBlazersGirl33 (edited February 24, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by JCBlazersGirl33 (edited February 24, 2001).]

6. Ali Cat

Ali Cat Member

Look at the wonderful blazers getting their butts KICKED by the clippers. hehe

------------------
    Poopy!

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

14 million for leadership? 14 million for 10 points and 5 boards?
    As for the Philly prediction, who the hell else do you think will come out of the east? Philly is playing far better than the Blazers right now, who can't even beat a team like the Clippers. Mutombo pretty much seals the deal. The Blazers have good players, but they never all play well at once. 58 points against Cleveland? My god that is pitiful. Title contenders do not score 58 points against any club, especially against a lowly eastern team.
    I'd say the Rockets have the best chance to knock out the Blazers in the first round. Remember, you guys are the masters of the art of the choke. You could get a 2-0 lead and lose in 5. Pippen would be the X factor. If he was injured, the Blazers would sweep. If he was to play, I'd say the Blazers would be finished.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hell, I dont even find the blazers, that talented. Its Rasheed, surrounded with some old white guy who has stevie jumpin around on him half the time. Shawn kemp, who does nothin but eat and grow fatter. Ummm Scottie pippen (need I say more). Added to this is Steve Smith (old but solid enough) Bonzi wells (Decent) and Stoudamire, (nothin more that ok. Oh yea Dale Davis. So basically they might be good now but 2 years from now. there gonna be lottery
    and we could be.....

Dare I say champs!

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

9. rock

rock Member

I never imagined when I click the link to this thread that it would be about kissing ass and screwing sheep. LMAO!

------------------

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Man it's ALL Clippers right now in that Blazers/Clippers game. It's understandable for a young Rockets team battling for the playoffs to lose to the Clippers, but that mighty title contending Blazers? OUCH! And Blazer fans can spin the Pippen thing all they want, veteran leadership, a few points and rebounds, but the bottomline is that he is a high-priced ROLE player, and that means Portland is stuck and can't improve their team all that much for years to come while Pippen's, Steve Smith's and Sabonis' game deteriotes. 18 million dollars for a role playing SF is nuts. Besides the "young core" of bonzi, sheed, and damon didn't do a heck of a lot in the 4th quarter of the playoffs last year, and STILL don't look to be true, consistent go-to guys that can win a championship.

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What do you expect them to say? They have to say something to make it seem as if he is earning his salery.

------------------

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's obvious he works on Bonzi's personality too... remember when Bonzi was caught on tape talking about he and "his boys" plans to "take out Hornacek" after one of the playoff games last year against Utah? And no, he was not joking when he made that comment. Real class act. Just like his so-called mentor.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Once again, no Heart of a Champion™.

The Blazers will play good through three quarters, but when it gets to the 4th quarter in the playoffs, at gut-check time when legends are made, the Blazers do what they've done their entire careers - sit by and wait for someone else to take over.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

14. today

today Contributing Member

SWISH!! Mighty Mouse sinks a 3 at the buzzer. Portland and the Clips into OT.

I knew that post about the Clippers might come back to haunt us.

------------------
    "You couldn't have stuck a pin up his @#! with a jackhammer. Yeah, I'd say he was pretty tight." -- Barkley on Pheonix Sun Chris Carr(...I think) after he missed a game winning free-throw.

15. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Title contenders don't need three's at the buzzer to beat the Clippers, nor do they allow Olowakandi to go off for 24 and 7. Olowakandi y'all, come on.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

16. today

Well that surely nullifies us from being contenders seeing as the Clips pasted us in our own gym in our last meeting.

I really was hoping the Blazers would win(and it looks like they will), I wouldn't want to face them right after they had lost to the Clippers. Give them a little credit, they have a nice team, characterized by quality talent and smooth chemistry. But, having said that, I would be willing to bet that Portland would not want to face us in a 1st round 5-game series. I would love to see that.

------------------
    "You couldn't have stuck a pin up his @#! with a jackhammer. Yeah, I'd say he was pretty tight." -- Barkley on Pheonix Sun Chris Carr(...I think) after he missed a game winning free-throw.

17. today

Maybe I spoke too soon about the Blazers having it locked up...

------------------

18. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Down three, 13 seconds. I too do not want to face the Blazers after a Clipper loss. They are a tough team, just not as good as they should be.

------------------

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Bingo, Wallace three. Double OT.

------------------

20. today

SWISH!!!!!! Rasheed downs the three to push to double OT.

------------------