1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OUR Portland Trail Blazers vs. YOUR Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BlazerGal, Feb 24, 2001.

1. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

Here I am again!

last time I posted here was the last time our two teams played. when we kicked your ass that is [​IMG]

Gotta hand it to you guys, your team's on a roll! Maybe it's about time someone did something about it [​IMG] And Maurice Taylor's been playing great as of late. And to tell you the truth, I never thought he had it in him. At the time we last played I personally thought he really sucked! He still can't rebound.

Rasheed Wallace also has been on a tear, dropping 42 on Denver then 32 against Utah. And I'm sure he'll easily win the battle against Taylor and continue his strong play.

No offence or anything, but Mo can't Rebound to save a life! he averages 2.5 RPG against Portland this season, need I say more???

Stoudamire always seems to get the better of his matchup with Francis. In 2 games against the Rockets those are the numbers:

Stoudamire

27.0 PPG
    63.3 FG%
    6.5 APG
    3.5 SPG
    2.0 TO

Francis

16.5 PPG
    66.7 FG%
    6.0 APG
    3.0 SPG
    4.0 TO

Cuttino Mobley averages only 10 PPG against the Trail Blazers this season, so we basically have done a god job of containing your backcourt. If your frontcourt doesn't step it up BIG, Your Rockets have no chance!

ROCKET FANS! PREPARE TO KISS YOUR WINNING STREAK BYE BYE ON MONDAY!!!!

ps: Scottie Pippen's gonna kick your Rocket ass! [​IMG]

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

[This message has been edited by BlazerGal (edited February 24, 2001).]

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ah....youth is such a wasted thing.

Rockets 104
    Trailskanks 85

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from monkeys and apes, then why are there still monkeys and apes?

3. Valio!

Valio! Member

Portland has a basketball team??!!

Oh right...that team with all the overpaid paid players that cant win any championships... [​IMG]

Rasheed W. may have put in 32 against Utah, but didnt Portland lose that game anyway? something like 94 to 32? I hope Wallace brings some support for your sake...

------------------
    "Segregation is an absolutely horrid practice - except when it comes to numbers and letters. I just don't think they should be mixed." - P. Mesku on his dislike of algebra

4. Valio!

Valio! Member

My prediction:

Rockets - 91
    Blazers - 83

------------------
    "Segregation is an absolutely horrid practice - except when it comes to numbers and letters. I just don't think they should be mixed." - P. Mesku on his dislike of algebra

5. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah I can see Scottie's stats now 20min 5pts 2boards [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

6. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

Portland are tied with the Jazz for best in the west!

Over-paid or not, we know how to acquire good players, and the Blazers WILL win the championship this year. Just watch us Houston!

oh, and Scottie averages 10 points, 5 boards and plays great D!

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

7. haven

haven Member

Pretty primitive post.

The Rockets beat the Blazers last year, and our team is only getting better. Also, Mo sorta sucked earlier in the season. As for averaging 2.5 rebounds against Portland? So _what_? How many games is that? 3 at most? I guarantee you it's not statistically significant. Of course, Wallace is better... but Taylor has offensive ability as well...

BTW, to predict on ANY GIVEN night that a certain player will "easily" out perform another is absolutely ludicrous. I remember Bryce Drew winning a duel with Terrell Brandon (I think it was him... some top flight PG) last year. Think the T_Wolves wanted to trade?

Portland has a great deal of depth, but no true superstars. That's going to be that team's vulnerability now, and for as long as I can foresee. Sort of a compromise I guess. Depth versus truly dominating players.

If you'd rather have Stoudamire than Francis... that's fine. I think most people would strongly disagree. Stevie has been lit up a few times in his life, but he's a much better player than Damon. I'll bet on talent over past performance any night, especially when Francis has played Stoudamire so few times in his career.

Your post is all smoke and mirrors. Not a *single* reliable telling or important statistic involved... all rationalization.

The blazers "will" win the championship? That's silly. You have *no clue* who's going to win. Nobody does. The league is far too balanced. San Antonio and Philly are probably both better than your team. Don't come off as an ignorant fan.

------------------
    Why is it that everytime BC defeats a major conference opponent, that opponent promptly goes on a losing streak?

PS. Notre Dame sucks

[This message has been edited by haven (edited February 24, 2001).]

8. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

actually ur blazers have gone back to their mediocre play lately. i think boston came in the other day and handed u ur ass on a plate. they came to our house n got their ass kicked. hmm...

------------------
    --TEX

9. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

ya i know haven, stats mean nothing. but we're still gonna kiss your ass [​IMG]

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

10. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

So many talented players, but not one with the Heart of a Champion™. Put another notch on the Spalding - 4 and counting.

Rockets 107
    FailBlazers 93

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

10 pts and 5 boards huh? you guys are really getting a good return on your investment.

------------------

12. haven

haven Member

Blazergal: If you just want to trash talk, why come here? This board is a great place to talk basketball, but if you just want to play juvenile games, I'd recommend ESPN.com. You might find some likeminded people there.

Give me good reasons why your team SHOULD win, and I'll listen to them. Give me ignorant yapping bull-crap and I'll label it as such.

Oh, and stats *are* important. But you have to be looking at the right stats, and applying them to the right questions. You're just posting any stat that supports your position. This is called "sophistry." Look it up in a dictionary.

Are the Blazers better? Undoubtably. But you're not doing them any credit.

------------------
    Why is it that everytime BC defeats a major conference opponent, that opponent promptly goes on a losing streak?

PS. Notre Dame sucks

13. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Yippee let me bend over..

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I guess you meant " kick your ass". If that is what you meant then I have only one thing to say........

...and then you woke up.

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

14. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

LOL! You can say thatt again babyeee!

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited February 24, 2001).]

15. rocketfan79

rocketfan79 Member

BlazerGal,
    You seem a little bit bitter about the Rockets bringing Drexler back home to H-town for their second title, because since then its been really just a whole bunch of talk from Portland. Win a championship and then you can start posting messages.

------------------

16. Valio!

Valio! Member

"kiss your ass" [​IMG]

hehehehehe...the Rockets winning the game would be enough for me...but if the blazers are so inclined, I guess that can be arranged...hehehe

------------------

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Let me guess.... you also screw sheep.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

18. Valio!

Valio! Member

Wait a minute! "Blazergal"..."Blazergal"..hmmm..Are you Scottie Pippen??? [​IMG]

------------------

19. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Blazergal,
    I don't know about some, but I appreciate your posts. You at least give some props, and sprinkle your post with a good amount of [​IMG], so people with half a brain know it's all in fun. Too bad you're completely wrong. [​IMG]

As much as we dislike doing anything for Utah, I'm afraid we'll have to give them the top spot in the West for a short time, while we give your Blazers a good ole fashioned a$$ whuppin'. Everyone knows our backcourt is vastly superior to yours. Look for our frontcourt to give you some surprises. I look forward to seeing your team lose gracefully Monday.

Have a nice day. [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Relativist (edited February 24, 2001).]

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Bring it on! We are ready for this one Blazer fans. Our team is totally different that the one you have played in the past. If you expect Wallace to dominate Mo, think again. He's hot, but Mo is as well. Mo still CAN rebound. He averaged about 7-8 per game for a couple of months (the same amount Rasheed averages) until Hakeem has gone on a rebounding tear lately, limiting Mo's chances. The first two times you played us were in the first month of the season, a month the team was just getting used to incorporating Mo into the offense. A month that also had Steve and Cuttino still trying to find themselves and their roles. A month that also had a Dream at way less than what he is now. Now, you have Steve and Cuttino as clearly the best backcourt in the league, and they have no fear of anyone. They trust their abilities, their defense, and their teammates. You also have Mo Taylor playing the best ball of his life, and Hakeem playing as well as he has in 3 seasons. Hope you stay cocky and hope your team is too-- that way it'll be all the easier to knock you guys out Monday night. Just be sure and come back to the board when your JailBlazers get beaten by the Rockets.

Houston 105
    Portland 93

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com