1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our offense will be better if we run it through Delfino and Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Jan 23, 2013.

1. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Chandler Parsons has the skill-set to become Lebron James lite

Carlos Delfino, Ray Allen

Toney Douglas? Or Tony Parker?

We should run our all of our offense through these three guys and have Lin and Beverley space the floor and spot up for threes in the corner on every possession. Clearly they are our best options at running plays and creating offense for others.

With every contested possession that they get they can shoot the three ball or in Parsons case pump-fake and then shoot or dribble inside and then pass it to one of the pretty ladies in the front-rows.

Delfino can dictate where everybody on offense should be while he does his Argentinian PG routine and passes the ball to the opposition. Douglas can call for a screen and pretend he's doing something with it before passing it off.

Beverley and Lin are both clearly mediocre slashers with the worst ball-handling and passing abilities on the team, but they are fantastic at shooting threes, so they should learn how to play off-ball more and practice their threes because lay-ups and threes win games.

That's what this team needs, role-players to play their roles instead of trying to do things that they're not very good at and that place others out of position.

Clearly Delfino and Parsons should always try to lead the fast-break, because they're amongst the fastest in the team, they're better passers, and Beverley and Lin are big enough to finish at the rim so they're the best options to be receivers. Did I mention Delfino played PG for Argentina?

2. bmd

bmd Member

I didn't know Kevin McHale had an account at Clutchfans...

3. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

This is Kevin McHale discussing his coaching strategy this season

So he's immediately written off Patterson posting up and wants him camping at the three-point line.

So I guess McHale has determined that outside of Harden, our best play-makers are Delfino and Parsons so that means Beverley and Lin are usually relegated to camping outside the other three-point line.

So it makes sense that we've got Parsons and Delfino initiating an inordinate amount of plays while Beverley and Lin camp at the three, or having a rookie who's come half-way through the season run plays on the fly, or have Douglas running point instead of the 2-guard or camping, because that offense clearly fits the personnel that we have.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL Parsons = "Lebron James lite"

Maybe extra ultra mega lite divided by 4

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Parsons is so overrated in GARM. It's awesome you are agreeing with McHale's coaching strategy. Sure makes a perfect sense when McHale has just lost 8 out of last 9 games.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow. Aren't you forgetting someone?

[​IMG]

Six or seven paragraphs worth of discussion about who the Rockets offense should be run through and why -- and it's a complete fail, because there's not a single mention of the main focus of that offense.

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Not sure if smart sarcastic post or dumb face-value post. Me confuse

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

stopped reading after this...:(

9. Houston288South

Coach McHale! What's up bro? I see you're LIVE from your office in Toyota Center

10. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Well it's obvious what Harden's role is. If Parsons and Delfino can't do anything he can just take an ISO. Or if our offense is really stagnant he can take more ISOs.

Make sure we always have Lin and Harden playing together, we shouldn't stagger their minutes at all, Lin is perfect next to Harden because he's a three-point threat so his man has to stay honest when Harden tries to drive. Besides, we have Douglas to run point when they're not in, but if Harden is playing we shouldn't ever have Douglas in because he's not very good at shooting threes, he's only good at running the PNR.

11. Penetrate&Creat

Anyone with common sense can see dis be a troll thread

good day

12. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Harden's midrange game is so pure that defenders have to respect all aspects of his game. he gets his 25 ppg so easily that he has enough energy left over to become satisfactory at defense.

oh, and he's great at limiting turnovers because his team isn't asking him to do everything.

13. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

wow i am speechless for once

14. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

A couple of things run through my mind when I read the OP thoughts...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. NickKent

NickKent Member

Lmao, Delfino is a streaky chucker, good some nights, awful most others.

16. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I agree to an extent. Maybe not Delfino, but most of the time when Chandler runs the ball up the floor he makes something happen. The guy is an excellent passer. His offensive abilities as a shot-creator are also underrated.

17. VBG

VBG Member

I completely disagree. I think you have to run the offense through Lin more because that's the only thing he has shown himself to be good at. He's not good as an off ball option while Delfino and Parsons are.

18. duteman

duteman Member

kill yoself. your clutch profile...not in real life

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

"Crack is Wack!!!".........:eek: