1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our loved ones have been right there with us for this run

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Plowman, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure along with the strong emotions associated with winning WS Titles, have come powerful feelings about family and friends who were Houstonians and/or Astros fans forever, but have passed on. I won't say they're no longer with us, because they certainly are, as part of who we are...as well as in spirit. And, this is one of those times when they really shine.

I feel the presence of my Mom, Grandparents, and friends stronger than ever.

Days of Grace.

I'm sure many here can relate.

2. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

Great post friend

the shark and Plowman like this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you, CC. :)

IBTL and Chasing_Chase like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It makes me tear up when I think about my Dad, who passed long before we started to go to the WS on a regular basis way back in 2008. I would have loved for him to experience 2017 and 2022 especially as well as all the years in between. RIP Dad.

5. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

There were a couple of times there I prayed to God for a hit, or a strikeout, I will admit.

6. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

My Grandfather passed in 2012, so he never got to experience any of this. He still to this day is the Worlds Largest Astros Fan in my eyes. My Grandmother was super hard on him, and would b**** and moan when he'd watch baseball, that it got to the point that he would hide in his shop room and watch them on a small black and white TV. He never let her get in between him and the team. Luckily my Uncle took him to one of the games in 2005, so he did get to experience a World Series, but he passed when they were bottom feeders. I know if there is an afterlife, he is so happy right now.

Go Stros. This fandom runs deep.

7. the shark

the shark Member

My dad passed his love for baseball on to me as a young kid (around '66). Took me to countless games as did my mom. Signed me up as an Astro buddy. I can go on and on. My mom got to experience the '17 WS but my dad passed away the year before.

They would have LOVED this!!

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

The **** was wrong with your grandmother? Damn, lol.

9. Yordan The Great

Remember listening to all the Astros games in the late 70s/early-mid 80s on the radio (before baseball became prevalent on cable TV). I would come running out of the room to tell my dad in the living room what had just happened in the game.

Great memories.

10. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Yeah, she was a beyatch for sure.