1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Friend Cuttino retiring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Codman, Dec 4, 2008.

1. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Yep, he hit the game-winner on a kickout from Barkley.

2. JohnTX281

JohnTX281 Member

man the cat is one of my favorite players of all time. he wasnt the flashiest guy or the star of a team but his game is inspiring and he knows how to get the job done. i watched video of him and replicated my game after him. he can shoot the long ball, drive to the hoop, set his team up for easy baskets, and play good defense. it worked pretty well for me in high school. i am still the only person i know with a cuttino mobley #5 jersey...never seen anyone else wear one. best of luck to you cuttino. get well. and God bless.

3. Asian Sensation

Most GQ rocket of all time. I hope he has a full recovery.

4. Houston09

Houston09 Member

The sad thing is that cat went out and played everynight with fire. He had something he could die from but he still played he still had heart. Tmac on the other hand what a baby a little knee pain what the dr told him to play through and he doesnt. cats a super star in my eyes not tmac

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah that team
    was
    (rookie backcourt)
    PG Mobley
    SG Dickerson
    SF Overrated Player who rode Michael Jordan's coattails and took the Rockets Max salary
    PF Barkley
    C Dream

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well,to me Cat got the most out of his talent....moneywise.Definitely an overachiever who worked hard.

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I hope Cuttino comes out of retirement and signs with us for the vet min. :eek:

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Best wishes to Cat...

I've always liked him as a Rocket.

9. caneks

caneks Rookie

I can't believe this is serious.

10. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Good luck to Cat. That guy will always be one of my favorites. Some of the things I loved about him.....

Loyalty. The dude took less money to stay with this team.

Overachiever. For a late pick he turned out to be a hell of a player thanks to his work ethic.

Gamer. Anyone remember when Steve was out because of headaches and Cat stepped it up. He was playing real nice then.

Heart. He and Steve both brought a love of the game every night.

Lastly he was a class act. I liked getting T-Mac, but hated seeing he and Steve go.

Again good luck to him.

11. kwng

kwng Member

Good luck and wish him well. Mobley is a very good player and I am very surprised to hear about his health problem. I always thought he still have at least 2 more years in him.

12. acjeitherocket

good luck Cat..he'll be in my prayers

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Damn I miss Cuttino. Hope he's okay.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

One of my favorite Rockets. Even if we were not a great team, the Francis and Mobley duo were fun to watch. Hope you get better.

15. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

IMO, he's been the best value pick by the organization in a long long time. Landry may catch up to him, but it's still a bit early to say that.

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Funny thing about it, it's a congenital condition that he had even when he played for the Rox. It was reported that he had a clause in his contract that absolved the team of any responsibility if he died on the court. I guess the condition has gotten worse if Cat is considering retiring now.

17. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Best of luck, Cat.

I always thought he might come back to the Rockets for a year or two and be a 12th man. He was my favorite member of the Stevie-Cat-Moochie days, and I was sad to see him go to Orlando and even sadder to see him go to the Clippers (although they did go to game 7 of the semis, which is considered a championship for that franchise). Cat played hard and with passion, but there was also more intelligence there than Stevie. With the right team, he could have been a great complimentary player.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I liked Cat a lot except for him thinking he was second option ahead of Yao! Anyone else notice how fast he seems to have aged? He looked pretty old the last time I saw him playing, and just 33?

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

loved the cat-dickerson 1-2 punch

still remember when they both made 7-8 3's in one game which was a record.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I always liked him and I wish him the best. Did any of you see him on that young real estate agent reality show? His house had all kinds of water damage that had to be fixed before it could be sold.