1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Founding Fathers included Islam

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Apr 7, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You will find Christian majority countries that have corporal punishments or life in prison sentences for homosexuality.

2. fchowd0311

Yes, because dick sucking jokes are so much more insulting than telling another individual that he still holds anti-Semitic sentiments.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, and that's terribly wrong. I'm not in the business of defending Christianity.

4. fchowd0311

You just literally posted a retort paraphrased as such: "Muslim majority countries do bad. Christian majority countries don't." :rolleyes:

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's not the same. Christianity nowadays, in my opinion, is relatively benign compared to Islam. In the past, it has been just as repressive. And in some areas of the world and, as you rightly pointed out, in some communities and families, it still is.

Why are you trying to play a game of gotcha? I don't think your anger against me is warranted.

6. fchowd0311

No.. Not it isn't. All you did was state that I still hold anti-Semitic sentiments because of my family background. Definitely does not warrant any anger at all:rolleyes:

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That happened after you called me a dick-sucking scumbag troll. The only thing I had done before that to draw your ire was to defend Israel. So yes, then it is a logical reaction to wonder where this hate and anger comes from all of a sudden, just for defending Israel, especially when we agree on many other topics, such as being critical of Islam as an ideology, but not being against Muslims as people.

8. fchowd0311

except.......

You've made this accusation against me before in previous posts before I called you out on Israel's **** being in your mouth. That's right. I usually remember when someone prematurely calls my background prone to anti-Semitism. So **** you.

BTW, most of my criticism of Israel stems from a notion that it's considered 'one of the greatest allies of the U.S and an example of freedom for a region that desperately needs it'. In other words, I hold Israel to a higher standard. Democratic secular nations should be past the point of using disproportionate force on civilian populations.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fair enough, but you also have to take their position under constant threat from its neighbors and under constant rocket fire from Palestina and from suicide bombers/attackers into consideration. I'm not saying that that excuses every transgression in terms of using disproportionate force, but it's not like their actions have no context either.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

More profanities. I will take the high road and ignore that part.

Regardless of your personal story, are you seriously denying that there is a very strong anti-Israel (and anti-Jewish) bias in the Muslim world?

11. fchowd0311

No, I'm stating that there wasn't strong anti-Jewish rhetoric in the community I was raised in.

I don't know about you, but labeling someone's background as anti-sememitc and that somehow translates into that someone being inherently anti-Semitic is more cruel and profane than stating that you have an entity's **** up your mouth.

12. Remii

Remii Member

Do you mean what do some of those countries have in common besides US financial and military aid support :confused:

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I never called you an anti-semite.

I made an assumption that your very strong anti-Israel views might correlate with your religious background. I am strongly convinced that overall, there is a very strong anti-Israel and anti-Jewish bias in the Muslim world. But you have stated that in your particular family and community, this was not the case. I acknowledge that and state that I never meant to insult your family, and if my assumption - based on my perception of the views of Muslims towards Israel and Jews in general - was incorrect in your case and this offended you, I'm sorry. But I never meant to say or imply that you are an anti-semite.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I cracked up so hard at this. There's a high road for a slithery slug that spews vile towards so many others?

Your high road is about 1000 feet below sea level.

1 person likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

Again confirming my previous assertions... Where in my post history does it suggest that I have "very strong anti-Israel views"? Basic level of criticism of Israel apparently entails a very strong "anti-Israeli" rhetoric.

So when I criticize my own country's prior transgressions and mistakes(invasion of Iraq) do I hold strong anti-American views?

Did I ever once mention that Israel does not have a right to exist?
    Did I ever once mention that Israel does not have a right to defend itself?

Your quick trigger in regards to labeling posters is what makes you deserving of profane insults towards you.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Meh....

I have spend years in Europe and years in the United State,s and while there are many similarities; there are some major differences when it comes to Muslims.

Muslims in the United States are far more likely to blend into the culture and often times are either secular in practice or at a minimum are tolerant of other faiths. There are exceptions obviously, but usually those are first generation Muslims.

Here it is not uncommon for a non-Muslim to date or even marry someone that was raised Muslims. I have slept with a number of Muslim women over the years, in college my friends named my member "Mohammad" based on my exploits.

fchowd0311 fought for the USA against Muslim extremists and I respect that. Further he has in the past been honest about his feelings of Islam and to a lesser extent Christianity. He has said the central message of Jesus Christ is compassion, and it is the followers that fail to practice his preaching.

I agree with ATW on some points, especially how Islam in practiced in the Middle East and Europe.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I just went back and skimmed through all of your 122 posts mentioning Israel. And no, while you seemed very emotional about some of Israel's attacks on civilians and posted some gruesome pictures of it, you did not say any of these two things, so I labeled you wrongly. I'll take the profane insults.

18. fchowd0311

Look... I don't expect you to 'take' my profane insults. Profane insults shouldn't ever be part of a rational discussion. So yes, I was wrong also, but I was irked the wrong way when you alleged that my background had anti-Semitic tendencies. That is a more 'personal' insult than shouting profanities at your assertions.

It would be nice from now on that you don't pull the trigger so quickly in labeling individual posters on this message board with labels that have SEVERE implications such as 'extremist' or 'anti-semite'.

And I'm glad that you made yourself clear on Israel and you do lay some criticism towards them. That's good. For a while there has been some unspoken truce between us since we both agree that criticizing ideology is fair as long as we don't generalize individuals. Let's keep it that way.

#58 fchowd0311, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

How do you rationalize the lack of civil rights for Muslims in Israel?

20. Nook

Nook Member

I will tell you what I have been told by people living in Israel.........

"STOP BLOWING %$&* UP AND YOU WILL GET MORE CIVIL RIGHTS!"